British schools are removing analog clocks from classrooms because kids can't read them

I rather like doing things the "old" way. There is so much to be gained by the sweat of one's brow and the labor of one's hands. I'm reasonably sure that loads of folks have no clue how soap comes into being, or cheese, for that matter. Or so many other things that are used every day in our lives. I love making the things I use and eat. But then, I cherish living closer to Nature and understanding the turning of the season, as it were.
Analog-to-digital might be a nice technological advance. But it is not unacceptable to teach "history", if you will.

You might find this opinion piece interesting - it made me thing...Opinion | The Tyranny of Convenience
Interesting. Some of what might be considered inconvenient nowadays is treasured as hobby, crafts, or other "quaint" creations. But there is an element of pride that can be taken from accomplishing something for oneself that might otherwise be conveniently acquired otherwise. Particularly when it comes to food production, lots of people either do not know, or do not want to acknowledge, the bloody, dirty origins of what they eat.

Schools in the United Kingdom are beginning to remove analog clocks from the classroom — because students are complaining that they can’t read them, reports say.
British schools are removing analog clocks from classrooms because kids can't read them

Oh you ca be sure they're just as stupid here. Liberals breed low IQ jackasses.
Most kids can't muck out a stall, either.
Many adults I know wouldn't even know what you're talking about.

Neither would a spider. Most adults I know wouldn't know how to produce silk from their ass and then spin it into a web.

People need the skills they will use in their lives. Mucking out stalls isn't going to get city folk anywhere. It'd be like learning Swahili.
Ya know, it would be refreshing, though, if even city folk realized the the chicken, beef, etc, that they buy in the grocery actually correlated to animals. Or that almonds and soy beans are incapable of producing milk.

Yes, perhaps.

I've a vegetarian and grew up in the countryside.

The city folk who get squeamish at meat and stuff, and I'm like "you eat that shit"

Wait til the op finds out that Boy Scouts now accept girls.

Wait until someone with a brain realizes I posted the article on BOY SCOUTS now have girls.. OMFG

I rather like doing things the "old" way. There is so much to be gained by the sweat of one's brow and the labor of one's hands. I'm reasonably sure that loads of folks have no clue how soap comes into being, or cheese, for that matter. Or so many other things that are used every day in our lives. I love making the things I use and eat. But then, I cherish living closer to Nature and understanding the turning of the season, as it were.
Analog-to-digital might be a nice technological advance. But it is not unacceptable to teach "history", if you will.

You might find this opinion piece interesting - it made me thing...Opinion | The Tyranny of Convenience

Don't get me started on these newer washing machines. :eusa_naughty:

For some reason, I have broken every wringer I come into contact with, other that that, ihave triples of everything else.

My washer works like a boss! Gor some clothespins wedged into the agitator ratchet action, lid switch bypassed. Good for another 10 years, but I think I'll buy a backup.
Mine finally rusted out underneath, caused a flood, and I had to buy a new one...wonder if it will last as long...

I'm betting no.

The one I had b4 this, I went to move it and all the metal box came off from the tub, and there the tub sat, unmoved.

Schools in the United Kingdom are beginning to remove analog clocks from the classroom — because students are complaining that they can’t read them, reports say.

Oh you ca be sure they're just as stupid here. Liberals breed low IQ jackasses.
Most kids can't muck out a stall, either.
Many adults I know wouldn't even know what you're talking about.

Neither would a spider. Most adults I know wouldn't know how to produce silk from their ass and then spin it into a web.

People need the skills they will use in their lives. Mucking out stalls isn't going to get city folk anywhere. It'd be like learning Swahili.
Ya know, it would be refreshing, though, if even city folk realized the the chicken, beef, etc, that they buy in the grocery actually correlated to animals. Or that almonds and soy beans are incapable of producing milk.

Yes, perhaps.

I've a vegetarian and grew up in the countryside.

The city folk who get squeamish at meat and stuff, and I'm like "you eat that shit"
I've never had a gripe with vegetarians, vegans, or others who choose alternative eating habits, as long as they don't get all snotty and try to foist their choices off on me. (I feel the same way about religion, btw. As long as they don't try to shove their beliefs down my throat, I can be respectful.)

I gave up on Brits.

Sad but true.

Poor Winston must be turning in his grave!

So sad so disgraceful.

Analog clocks are a Muslim plot.
The figures on most of them are Arabic Numerals.
Except for a few with proper Roman Numerals.
Sun dials.

I hear they are doing away with dial phones too.
It's funny, I was using a land line cordless phone to dial those automated lines, the ones with "press one for blah blah blah, press two to whatever.." and it wouldn't work, even though the phone made beeps and not dial sounds.

Analog clocks are a Muslim plot.
The figures on most of them are Arabic Numerals.
Except for a few with proper Roman Numerals.
Sun dials.

I hear they are doing away with dial phones too.
It's funny, I was using a land line cordless phone to dial those automated lines, the ones with "press one for blah blah blah, press two to whatever.." and it wouldn't work, even though the phone made beeps and not dial sounds.

It gets worse. the sneaky bastards have now made these drone lawn mowers that cut the grass whilst you sit back and enjoy a refreshing beverage. It can do patterns and all sorts.
81H97vhSRQL._SL1500_.jpg

Forum List

Back