Brits told no uniforms off base

namvet

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
across the pond
what a disgrace. they can't wear uniforms off base. in their own country. what's next white flags???

"Defence sources said the order had been given that uniform should not be worn by those travelling alone, or on public transport as a “common sense precaution” immediately after the killing

A source stressed the order was temporary while investigations into the killing carried on and the decision would be reviewed in the next few days…

“Personally, I would argue against it,” [Col Richard Kemp] told the Today programme. “As we saw in this case you don’t need to have somebody in uniform, you just need to have someone who knows a bit about soldiers and does a bit of observation in the vicinity of a barracks and you can identify a soldier very quickly…

The Ministry of Defence has already announced it is increasing security at all barracks in London."

story

Way to go Brits. What if the terrorists go after Marathon runners? Outlaw the wearing of shorts and sneakers?

I doubt the story is true simply because at the link it also says no one intervened and that isn't true whatsoever.

Why do so many hate the Brits that they make up lies about them and seemingly support the terrorists?

what a disgrace. they can't wear uniforms off base. in their own country. what's next white flags???

"Defence sources said the order had been given that uniform should not be worn by those travelling alone, or on public transport as a “common sense precaution” immediately after the killing

A source stressed the order was temporary while investigations into the killing carried on and the decision would be reviewed in the next few days…

“Personally, I would argue against it,” [Col Richard Kemp] told the Today programme. “As we saw in this case you don’t need to have somebody in uniform, you just need to have someone who knows a bit about soldiers and does a bit of observation in the vicinity of a barracks and you can identify a soldier very quickly…

The Ministry of Defence has already announced it is increasing security at all barracks in London."

story

"Among President Clinton’s first acts upon taking office in 1993 was to disarm U.S. soldiers on military bases. In March 1993, the Army imposed regulations forbidding military personnel from carrying their personal firearms and making it almost impossible for commanders to issue firearms to soldiers in the U.S. for personal protection."

EDITORIAL: End Clinton-era military base gun ban - Washington Times

I doubt the story is true simply because at the link it also says no one intervened and that isn't true whatsoever.

Why do so many hate the Brits that they make up lies about them and seemingly support the terrorists?

Woolwich Machete Attack: Military Personnel 'Advised Not To Wear Uniforms In Public'

huff post

UPDATE: Since this story went to press, several political journalists have said the Government is set to overrule advice to military personnel not to wear uniforms in public. However as yet, there has been no official announcement of this nature.

that's just asking for it

story

"Among President Clinton’s first acts upon taking office in 1993 was to disarm U.S. soldiers on military bases. In March 1993, the Army imposed regulations forbidding military personnel from carrying their personal firearms and making it almost impossible for commanders to issue firearms to soldiers in the U.S. for personal protection."

he was an idiot. Bin Laden proved it

Last edited:
o-WOOLWICH-MACHETE-ATTACK-570.jpg

what a target. i could blow his fuckin' head off, eat dinner and sleep like a baby

Britain was tomfool enough to let these types stream in from all over the world, packing their country with black and brown Muslims who want to violently take over their whole society.

Why this seemed like a GOOD idea I cannot imagine.

story

he was an idiot. Bin Laden proved it

Yes, Clinton was the reason for our soldiers being dragged through the streets as the world watched - he did nothing - which earned HIM the name paper tiger - as for the American people? Don't count on it!

Britain was tomfool enough to let these types stream in from all over the world, packing their country with black and brown Muslims who want to violently take over their whole society.

Why this seemed like a GOOD idea I cannot imagine.

Minnesota is full of Somali Muslims. They are just like the Nigerian ones. We've got them here too. ( from Nigeria ) It was a huge mistake to allow these Muslim immigrants into our country - even yesterday our president continued to perpetuate the Myth that Muslims are a part of the American family. I beg to differ. They have never assimilated into society and are not here to assimilate into our society. They are here to overthrow the American government and install Sharia law. If our founding fathers were alive today they would tell us the answer is to call it what it is - an enemy of America - a terrorist organization and get it out of here. That is what they would tell us. So why are our leaders making excuses for Islam and continuing to tell us these acts of terror by Muslims is not the true Islam when it is?

True story, it is all over the news. We care about the British people which is why we are hoping they will outlaw Islam and get these people off the streets and out of their country asap. - Jeri

story

First of all: thank you so very much for your service during such an ugly time in our history. I think the one memory that stands out most for me was a picture/story in the news of a ship in port at SF with returning Marines debarking. The first man to set foot back on American soil was shot to death by a disgruntled citizen waiting in the crowd.

I remember when US military personnel wore their uniforms in traveling on leave or passes and walked our streets proudly. They were respected and appreciated back in those days. We were a much better country then. My son, on the other hand, always wore civvies when traveling and when my grandson and his buddies recently left for Korea they were in their civvies. It's a shame.

I think it's true that Brits some time ago were demanding a gun-free society and it's police were disarmed - not sure about total disarming of citizens - they do like their hunts. I think if I had been in the crowd that actually saw this attack, I would have been so frozen in horror that I wouldn't have been able to make a move even if I had been armed to the teeth.

Again, thank you for your service.

story

If you are a Namvet, then you remember when we were told the same thing in the mid to late 70s.

story

Hmmm. So Clinton just extended what Reagan did to the Marines manning the gates at the Marine Barracks in Beirut.

Our Military has the same policy for flying. After a sailor was picked out during a hijacking, tortured and killed....they stopped requiring you to fly in uniform

Forum List

Back