Brothers Out for a Sunday Drive in New York

The biker who filmed the incident says the reason he turned on his camera & started filming was because the SUV sunroof opened & someone inside threw out a full water bottle & hit a biker. Then the SUV started swerving at them. I also saw a video of another biker saying the same the day after the video made news but did not believe it because I did not see it on the video prior to the incident. I was thinking the camera was already running & they just cropped it to start where it did. But now we know the driver was attacking bikers first & that is why the video camera was flipped on to capture it.

The biker who filmed the incident says the reason he turned on his camera & started filming was because the SUV sunroof opened & someone inside threw out a full water bottle & hit a biker. Then the SUV started swerving at them. I also saw a video of another biker saying the same the day after the video made news but did not believe it because I did not see it on the video prior to the incident. I was thinking the camera was already running & they just cropped it to start where it did. But now we know the driver was attacking bikers first & that is why the video camera was flipped on to capture it.

Sure!!
They were ninjas too!!

The camera had been running for a long while, he deleted some of the footage from you tube, apparently it is still out there!

There is a witness that stopped this gang from dragging the woman out after her window was smashed out.

This gang was out to murder these people.

It certainly seems that way to me.

Gloria Allred has a different opinion. I could hardly contain myself when the wife of the potentially paralyzed biker, ?her client, told Piers Morgan that if she had been the wife she wouldn't have been upset if the car was surrounded by bikers. And more --unbelievable.

What can I say--I know some great people who enjoy riding motorcycles--this doesn't sound like something any of them would do. They ride for charitable events--carefully following guidelines set forth by the State of GA.

Frankly, I have never seen a 'group of bikers' traveling the interstate or other roads of GA--maybe we have specific laws on this I wouldn't know.

eta: Here's one
<Motorcycles operating two abreast in same lane

Yes. Motorcycles shall not be operated more than two abreast in a single lane; 40-6-312 >

shrug--difficult to say from the video--but it seemed like at times there were more than '2 abreast'--good luck to New York in sorting this out.
Not my idea of a good form of recreation, fwiw. If it leads to violence--not something I would enjoy.

I saw an interview with Allred. I don't know whether it was the same one. She is portraying the law erroneously. The motorcycle gang was acting in concert making then co-conspiritors of one another. If one of the co-conspiritors is injured during the commission of a crime, the responsibility is with the other co-conspirators not the innocent victim. It is just like a case in which a gang is trying to break into a house, the homeowner shoots at one of the men trying to break in, but hits a lookout who had no intention of breaking in.

The man that was run over had a long criminal history himself.

The Lawrence motor*cyclist struck and paralyzed as a desperate SUV driver tried to escape the rage of other bikers in New York on Sunday has a six-page criminal record that began at age 12 with a negligent driving charge and includes jail time for drugs, guns, resisting arrest and other convictions, according to court records.

Mieses also has 15 guilty findings for criminal offenses including distribution of cocaine, possession of a firearm without a permit, knowingly receiving stolen property, resisting arrest and several motor vehicle violations, court records show. - See more at: Run-over Mass. biker has long criminal record | Boston Herald

Hopefully his paralysis means he won't be committing any more crimes.

The two boys who beat Delbert Belton to death told the police he had it coming because it was a drug deal gone bad.

Do you really think this group, who had been causing the same kind of trouble all day, will tell what really happened? That they chose this family because they looked vulnerable and wouldn't fight back. It was a skinny Asian guy with a baby in the car. He wouldn't fight back. They were right in a way, they easily dragged him out of that car and beat him. They just didn't expect that he would use his car as a weapon to fight back.

The two boys who beat Delbert Belton to death told the police he had it coming because it was a drug deal gone bad.

Do you really think this group, who had been causing the same kind of trouble all day, will tell what really happened? That they chose this family because they looked vulnerable and wouldn't fight back. It was a skinny Asian guy with a baby in the car. He wouldn't fight back. They were right in a way, they easily dragged him out of that car and beat him. They just didn't expect that he would use his car as a weapon to fight back.

Put this in the 'unverified' column--

I read that the guy who took the video said that before he turned the camera on the SUV driver had tossed a water bottle out of the top of the SUV. An official or his attorney ? not certain--believed he was credible.

Others were skeptical. At this point--I am very skeptical about anyone's version of the 'truth'. I don't think they have even located all of the people that may be involved.

I'm certain this is of lesser importance--but I looked up GA law for motorcycles and it said 'no more than 2 abreast in any lane'--so this is not the law in New York? I would think that all involved violated some traffic laws--in addition to more serious charges.

There is a witness that stopped this gang from dragging the woman out after her window was smashed out.

This gang was out to murder these people.

It certainly seems that way to me.

Gloria Allred has a different opinion. I could hardly contain myself when the wife of the potentially paralyzed biker, ?her client, told Piers Morgan that if she had been the wife she wouldn't have been upset if the car was surrounded by bikers. And more --unbelievable.

What can I say--I know some great people who enjoy riding motorcycles--this doesn't sound like something any of them would do. They ride for charitable events--carefully following guidelines set forth by the State of GA.

Frankly, I have never seen a 'group of bikers' traveling the interstate or other roads of GA--maybe we have specific laws on this I wouldn't know.

eta: Here's one
<Motorcycles operating two abreast in same lane

Yes. Motorcycles shall not be operated more than two abreast in a single lane; 40-6-312 >

shrug--difficult to say from the video--but it seemed like at times there were more than '2 abreast'--good luck to New York in sorting this out.
Not my idea of a good form of recreation, fwiw. If it leads to violence--not something I would enjoy.

I saw an interview with Allred. I don't know whether it was the same one. She is portraying the law erroneously. The motorcycle gang was acting in concert making then co-conspiritors of one another. If one of the co-conspiritors is injured during the commission of a crime, the responsibility is with the other co-conspirators not the innocent victim. It is just like a case in which a gang is trying to break into a house, the homeowner shoots at one of the men trying to break in, but hits a lookout who had no intention of breaking in.
The man that was run over had a long criminal history himself.

The Lawrence motor*cyclist struck and paralyzed as a desperate SUV driver tried to escape the rage of other bikers in New York on Sunday has a six-page criminal record that began at age 12 with a negligent driving charge and includes jail time for drugs, guns, resisting arrest and other convictions, according to court records.

Mieses also has 15 guilty findings for criminal offenses including distribution of cocaine, possession of a firearm without a permit, knowingly receiving stolen property, resisting arrest and several motor vehicle violations, court records show. - See more at: Run-over Mass. biker has long criminal record | Boston Herald

Hopefully his paralysis means he won't be committing any more crimes.

Mark O'Mara said essentially the same thing--conspiracy.

When Piers Morgan tried to mention the criminal record--Gloria cut him off--'That is not relevant'--maybe not in court--but the wife had just said--'My husband is a family man, we have 2 young children, he was trying to calm others down, etc'. Do I for one minute think that she didn't receive some advice from her attorney on how to respond? Of course she did.
'If I had been the wife in the SUV I wouldn't have been afraid of violence--would have rolled down the window and asked what is going on...'

I still can't get over that one. Sure--she is the wife of a person who rides in a motorcycle gang, for one thing.
I would have been terrified and I think somewhere someone said they opened her door and tried to drag her out but someone intervened.

Just throw the book at all of them ---they need new interests anyway. Must have 'too much $$' if they can afford to go joyriding.

I really would like to hear an explanation of NYC/NY law pertaining to 'groups of motorcyclists'. I read that NYC PD was aware that this group had caused problems on previous occasions. I guess the laws are 'liberal' and inclusive and perhaps that is an issue.

Just curious as to what may be the reason that I have never seen anything like this in Atlanta in over half a century. I've seen a lot 'of other things'--to be sure.

Rainbow Push Coalition protesting today outside the CDC on behalf of furloughed employees.

No problems with those who ride motorcycles.

Forum List

Back