Bundy is the Real Endangered Species

The guy owes a million dollars in fees.

No sympathy from me.

I pay taxes and fees I don't agree with. Who the fuck does he think he and why should he get a free ride on what everyone would agree are very very low grazing fees?

As far as I'm concerned he is free to graze his cattle on someone's private land. Let's see how long he can do that and not pay.

The issue started when BLM dropped the amount of cattle he could graze on the land below a viable number, due to the tortoise. That's when he made the decision to stop paying, and begin fighting them in court.

The BLM knew they couldn't outright ban the ranchers from using the land, so they did the next best thing, make the regulations so onerous that the ranchers would be forced to quit.

Their land, their call.

And the bureaucratic stooge in you comes out for all to see. Its NOT BLM's land, its our land, and the purpose was to manage it for ALL OF US, including the Ranchers.

It's typical you see a government entity owning something its just supposed to manage, not own.

I don't see much difference between Bundy and a farmer or air polluter, whose allotment of water or units of pollution, is regulated, and is subject to being reduced as amounts of water and pollution fluctuate.

California is going to come under pressure to put less emphasis on nature conservation and more on private water consumption. So long as everyone has input, and the ultimate decision reflects some compromise and impartial balance of competing interests, I don't see the gripe.

Though there seem to be posters here who think they have an uninfringable right to pollute water and air so long as the water and air pass through property they own.

Bundy wasn't polluting water. His cattle were actually performing a vital service - removing burnable debris. One of the NV State Reps noted that the land on which cattle graze is in better shape than nearby federally managed land which burned in uncontrolled wildfires.

Bundy wasn't polluting water. His cattle were actually performing a vital service - removing burnable debris. One of the NV State Reps noted that the land on which cattle graze is in better shape than nearby federally managed land which burned in uncontrolled wildfires.

This is why we are all fucked. This guy breaks the law and Boe says his law breaking was valuable service.

Boe sounds like the local drug dealer who sees it as not breaking the law but providing a product that is in high demand.

And Boe believes if he talks enough, gives enough excuses, renames law breaking then it will fool everyone into believing his bullshit

Bundy's cattle consume water, and thus the tortoise. Culling brush is one reason for allowing grazing on public lands. But, brush fires themselves are natural occurrances. As to how much brush is good ... or bad ... I'll go with a scientist's view over a Nev state pol, regardless of party.

The largest difference in regulating public grazing lands and irrigation water from rivers and dams, is that the cattle from operations like Bundy's have a neglibile public good, because they produce so little of the total beef supply.

Economic Facts of Public Lands Grazing

In fact, tourism brings in more public money from public lands than grazing. Small wonder that the BLM emphasizes conservation.

Bundy's cattle consume water, and thus the tortoise. Culling brush is one reason for allowing grazing on public lands. But, brush fires themselves are natural occurrances. As to how much brush is good ... or bad ... I'll go with a scientist's view over a Nev state pol, regardless of party.

The largest difference in regulating public grazing lands and irrigation water from rivers and dams, is that the cattle from operations like Bundy's have a neglibile public good, because they produce so little of the total beef supply.

In fact, tourism brings in more public money from public lands than grazing. Small wonder that the BLM emphasizes conservation.

But they produce beef in the way the sustainable development people want. Grazing on open land.

You do know tortoises are not turtles, right?

This is why we are all fucked. This guy breaks the law and Boe says his law breaking was valuable service.

Boe sounds like the local drug dealer who sees it as not breaking the law but providing a product that is in high demand.

And Boe believes if he talks enough, gives enough excuses, renames law breaking then it will fool everyone into believing his bullshit

Well, it could be that the regulators are not doing a good job. I think the snail darter is gonna have to take a hit in Calif, for example. But, I haven't seen anything that suggests Bundy's grazing is actually more beneficial that the amount of grazing set by the BLM. Sometimes a law is wrong, but in this case I haven't seen anyone actually logically assert that .... beyond ..... his grandfather raised cattle there.

Millionaire freeloaders are endangered species?

It is about time

But they produce beef in the way the sustainable development people want. Grazing on open land.

I'm sure the fact that 99% of beef not being produced on public lands lodged somewhere in your mind.

As to the tortoise and it's need for water ... AND GRASS

Desert Tortoise Facts | Desert Tortoise Habitat & Diet

The issue started when BLM dropped the amount of cattle he could graze on the land below a viable number, due to the tortoise. That's when he made the decision to stop paying, and begin fighting them in court.

The BLM knew they couldn't outright ban the ranchers from using the land, so they did the next best thing, make the regulations so onerous that the ranchers would be forced to quit.

Their land, their call.

And the bureaucratic stooge in you comes out for all to see. Its NOT BLM's land, its our land, and the purpose was to manage it for ALL OF US, including the Ranchers.

It's typical you see a government entity owning something its just supposed to manage, not own.

It is our land and we entrust the BLM to collect fees for using our land

Their land, their call.

Do we entrust the BLM to de facto ban ranching by setting ridiculously low grazing allowances because of some asshole environmentalists?

Wrong as usual.

We are FUCKED because Big Government has enacted so many laws and regulations that We Are All Criminals. But is the law fairly and equally enforced? No.

Instead, the law is used against what used to be law-abiding citizens (until bureaucrats made innocuous behavior illegal) to keep them silent and compliant while real criminals get away with violent felonies.

That is why we are FUCKED.

Their land, their call.

Well, as it is my land as much as yours, I'd rather see cattle grazing on it than for dry brush to get out of control and cause wildfires.

I'd also rather see cattle grazing on it than for Harry Reid and Son to profit from it by doling out favors to Chinese Solar Panel companies.

I'm sure the fact that 99% of beef not being produced on public lands lodged somewhere in your mind.

As to the tortoise and it's need for water ... AND GRASS

Desert Tortoise Facts | Desert Tortoise Habitat & Diet

Do you even read your links?

They take enough moisture from wildflowers that are necessary to make a good living.

I'm frankly shocked that the BLM would seek to put the land to the most beneficial economic use. Shocked.

This isn't national park land that is set aside for recreational use, this is public land designated for use by commercial activity.

And how is restricting cattle on the land for a tortoise no one eats or really does anything else with economically beneficial?

bendog is obviously unaware of the fact that the FEDS killed a bunch of tortoises on purpose in order to clear land for the solar panel project.

Hopenchange!

Wrong as usual.

We are FUCKED because Big Government has enacted so many laws and regulations that We Are All Criminals. But is the law fairly and equally enforced? No.

Instead, the law is used against what used to be law-abiding citizens (until bureaucrats made innocuous behavior illegal) to keep them silent and compliant while real criminals get away with violent felonies.

That is why we are FUCKED.

I'm not I dont have cattle and I dam sure didnt get two chances to stop breaking the law and ignored it. So yeah, he lost in court and he kept on doing the thing that was ruled illegal twice and his reasoning goes like this: "Because I want to and I think I should be able to"

That dont fly with him or the local drug dealer

Do we entrust the BLM to de facto ban ranching by setting ridiculously low grazing allowances because of some asshole environmentalists?

Maybe Bundy should go to court?

Oh wait....he already did and lost

Bundy does not get to decide our environmental laws at the end of a gun

bendog is obviously unaware of the fact that the FEDS killed a bunch of tortoises on purpose in order to clear land for the solar panel project.

Hopenchange!

All tortoises are equal, but some tortoises are more equal than others.

Forum List

Back