Bush and Officials Lied leading up to Iraq war

Was Al Gore lying here about Saddam's ties to Terrorism and had over 1400 terrorits in Iraq?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eJTzKPBQZ94&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eJTzKPBQZ94&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Really? A "Majority" of them eh? Hmmm.. there are sure TONS of "D's" in the "yea" column...

obviously, math is not one of your strong suits.

Do yourself a favor. count up the number of democrats that were serving in congress when the vote was taken.

Then count up the number of democrats who voted for the resolution.

Then tell me if the second number is MORE THAN half of the first number or LESS THAN half.

I'll wait.

What did they vote for - authorization or war?

Did congress tell the president to declare war?
Okay. I might be wrong. You and MM might help me understand the “declaration of war” thing. Did congress authorize Bush to take action if and when he saw fit? In other words, in a manner of speaking, did congress say practically say “Okay Mr. President. It is up to you now. We give you permission to go to war if you want to” or did congress declare war? In other words, in a manner of speaking, did congress practically say “Okay. This is war. We are going to war. We, the congess, the president, America is going to war!” There is a difference.

I did not mean for my question to be rhetorical. Would someone please explain it to me? Did congress say that we are going to war or did they simply allow the president to take action if and when he wanted to do so?

:clap2:
obviously, math is not one of your strong suits.

Do yourself a favor. count up the number of democrats that were serving in congress when the vote was taken.

Then count up the number of democrats who voted for the resolution.

Then tell me if the second number is MORE THAN half of the first number or LESS THAN half.

I'll wait.

Huh.. I see 29 D's for the war... and less than 23 against it.....

United States Senate
Party Ayes Nays No Vote
Republican 48 1 0
Democratic 29 21 0
Independent 0 1 0
TOTALS 77 23 0

one of these days, you'd serve yourself well to pull your head out of your ass...

:clap2:

Huh.. I see 29 D's for the war... and less than 23 against it.....

United States Senate
Party Ayes Nays No Vote
Republican 48 1 0
Democratic 29 21 0
Independent 0 1 0
TOTALS 77 23 0

one of these days, you'd serve yourself well to pull your head out of your ass...

gosh...and when I took civics class, I was told that CONGRESS consisted of two chambers..the senate and the house.

now go be a good little boy and do the math problem correctly. count up the democrats IN CONGRESS and then count up the democrats IN CONGRESS who voted for the resolution....and wipe your own shit off your neck before you do.

The resolution authorized President Bush to use the Armed Forces of the United States "as he determines to be necessary and appropriate" in order to "defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq; and enforce all relevant United Nations Security Council Resolutions regarding Iraq."

Thanks. I see how it could be interpreted in a couple of ways. It would have been nice had Congress been more specific and said “Go to war” if they thought that we should go to war.

gosh...and when I took civics class, I was told that CONGRESS consisted of two chambers..the senate and the house.

now go be a good little boy and do the math problem correctly. count up the democrats IN CONGRESS and then count up the democrats IN CONGRESS who voted for the resolution....and wipe your own shit off your neck before you do.

Seems the only thing you do is play those silly freekin' games...if it ain't numbers, its semantics. Go listen to the you tube video of Al Gore and defend him....and wipe your mouth...theres a little bullshit still around your lips...

Seems the only thing you do is play those silly freekin' games...if it ain't numbers, its semantics. Go listen to the you tube video of Al Gore and defend him....and wipe your mouth...theres a little bullshit still around your lips...

again... I really don't CARE about what Al Gore said. What does Al Gore have to do with anything that happened after he left office? Al Gore was not the president who took us to war, and Al Gore was not amongst the majority of democratic congressmen who voted against taking us to war.

again... I really don't CARE about what Al Gore said. What does Al Gore have to do with anything that happened after he left office? Al Gore was not the president who took us to war, and Al Gore was not amongst the majority of democratic congressmen who voted against taking us to war.

Again....I really don't CARE if 5 or 10 more Dims voted against the resolution than voted for it....the most important fact is that ENOUGH DEMS in favor of the resolution to PASS IT THROUGH CONGRESS.....its time you noticed the forest rather than thinking its important to count the trees....

You're right! It was Bill Clinton that took us to War....

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ENAV_UoIfgc&rel=1&border=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ENAV_UoIfgc&rel=1&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Again....I really don't CARE if 5 or 10 more Dims voted against the resolution than voted for it....the most important fact is that ENOUGH DEMS in favor of the resolution to PASS IT THROUGH CONGRESS.....its time you noticed the forest rather than thinking its important to count the trees....

with damned near every republican voting for it, you only needed a handful!

you got a minority of democrats. a majority of democrat's elected to office at the federal level opposed the war. If you could say the same thing about republicans, there wouldn't have BEEN a goddamn war.

you got a minority of democrats. a majority of democrat's elected to office at the federal level opposed the war. If you could say the same thing about republicans, there wouldn't have BEEN a goddamn war.

Yeah, but they wouldn't send anything to the floor, anyway, if it needed a single democratic vote to pass.

It was indeed the fault of the Bush administration...

If I were to say in an interview: "I have heard from jreeves' neighbor, that he has been seen out in his back yard having sex with sheep, but we can't be absolutely sure"....

are you suggesting that I would NOT have made a connection between you and the crime of sodomy with animals?

Take an intellectual debate and turn it to a personal attack....shows your pattern of thought though. I would be able to say that was asinine comment and be correct because it was.

Ok, if Bush misled the U.S people with false intelligence what was the purpose for 1? Second of all how did he also get other countries to say that Saddam had WMD's? Remember your the one's saying that the coalition was non-exstient. Anyone?

None of you liberals, have answered this question from my previous post...

If your previous post to me didn't prove it this sure does....LOL

Really? A "Majority" of them eh? Hmmm.. there are sure TONS of "D's" in the "yea" column...

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...ote_cfm.cfm?congress=107&session=2&vote=00237

Grouped By Vote Position YEAs ---77
Allard (R-CO)
Allen (R-VA)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Bennett (R-UT)
Biden (D-DE)
Bond (R-MO)
Breaux (D-LA)
Brownback (R-KS)
Bunning (R-KY)
Burns (R-MT)