BYU valedictorian proud to be gay

Who wants to announce their sexuality?

Someone who has been ostracized from society because of it.
Gays are becoming more open about who they are and who they are in love with. Gays can now openly appear in public with their spouses

You are outraged that they have emerged from the shadows
Don't remain ignorant. In my life, they were never in the shadows--and they certainly didn't want to best known for a bodily function. Go back to my original example. Do you think Darrius wants to be best known for his lack of fingers, or does he want to be known for his music and how he taught himself how to play the piano?

You are speaking with someone who has more respect for people than what you are showing--or perhaps I know more gay people who have such great respect for all of who they are and taught me to look at them through the larger lens of what we (meaning all humans) are. Heterosexuals don't wedge themselves into such a small definition of who they are--and homosexuals should not be forced to (or feel forced to) either. Sticking with a small definition of oneself is both limiting and boring. It's as limiting as confining oneself to studying a great masterpiece by looking only at the lower right corner of the painting, or as limiting as listening to a single note of Darrius' music.
Heterosexuals do not have to define themselves, Homosexuals do

Given Mormon hatred of homosexuality, it was great seeing one of their best and brightest showing them how successful homosexuals can be in life

There is zero hatred toward homosexuals or anyone else in the Church of Jesus christ of Latter-day Saints. Perhaps that is where you are confused

Dont heterosexuals announce their sexuality when they appear in public with their spouse?
Is there a case where a valedictorian walked on stage and announced he/she was heterosexual, bisexual, metro-sexual? The same is true with your politicians. Being on stage with spouse and family is not a spoken announcement, and therein lies the difference.
Happens all the time where a valedictorian is married and thanks their spouse from the Dias

That is an announcement of sexuality

No. It's a statement if gratitude

Yet, if a homosexual speaker thanks their spouse, you are outraged

Thats absurd

Happens all the time where a valedictorian is married and thanks their spouse from the Dias

That is an announcement of sexuality
I am sure you understand the difference of someone thanking another for their help and support from someone explicitly announcing their sexual orientation. My point: Who wants/needs his/her sexual orientation to be what they are best known for? Kind of like someone wanting to be known for having regular (or irregular) bowel movements or for snoring or not snoring.

Gays are becoming more open about who they are and who they are in love with. Gays can now openly appear in public with their spouses

Except no one has ostracized them. The National media is literally praising this gentleman. As long as he kept the honor code literally no one at byu cared. The man was valedictorian. That's not a position someone who is ostracized gets
He is ostracized by the Mormon community

What a statement to Mormon values

No he isn't. He literally was given accolades at a school with high values because he was able to maintain those values. No one ostracized him

Don't remain ignorant. In my life, they were never in the shadows--and they certainly didn't want to best known for a bodily function. Go back to my original example. Do you think Darrius wants to be best known for his lack of fingers, or does he want to be known for his music and how he taught himself how to play the piano?

You are speaking with someone who has more respect for people than what you are showing--or perhaps I know more gay people who have such great respect for all of who they are and taught me to look at them through the larger lens of what we (meaning all humans) are. Heterosexuals don't wedge themselves into such a small definition of who they are--and homosexuals should not be forced to (or feel forced to) either. Sticking with a small definition of oneself is both limiting and boring. It's as limiting as confining oneself to studying a great masterpiece by looking only at the lower right corner of the painting, or as limiting as listening to a single note of Darrius' music.

Given Mormon hatred of homosexuality, it was great seeing one of their best and brightest showing them how successful homosexuals can be in life

There is zero hatred toward homosexuals or anyone else in the Church of Jesus christ of Latter-day Saints. Perhaps that is where you are confused
Bullshit

It was Mormons from Utah that led to the defeat of Proposition 8 in California

Mormons Tipped Scale in Ban on Gay Marriage

Bullshit

How does that negate what I said?

Just because you hate people who disagree with you doesn't mean anyone else has to

Except no one has ostracized them. The National media is literally praising this gentleman.
Good grief, you're like a child. You realize it wasnt always this way, right?

And yes, he has been and will continue to be ostracized by fellow mormons.

Last edited:

Bullshit

How does that negate what I said?

Just because you hate people who disagree with you doesn't mean anyone else has to
Mormons hate gays
Their actions show it

I applaud the gay valedictorian

Except no one has ostracized them. The National media is literally praising this gentleman.

And yes, he has been and will contonue to be ostracized by fellow mormons.
Do you understand what blanket statements are?
Do you understand what excommunication is?
Yes. And it has nothing to do with the blanket statements you made.

Wrong, as usual.

Wrong, as usual.
There are only two options for the creation of space and time. Either space and time were created from nothing by spirit or it wasn’t. Under the first option everything that was created would be evidence for spirit.
No, that's circular, laughable horseshit. F for logic. And for vocabulary.

Wrong, as usual.
I don’t see how. You stereotyped all Mormons with your blanket statement.

Hitler would have been proud. He did the same thing to all Jews.

Wrong, as usual.
There are only two options for the creation of space and time. Either space and time were created from nothing by spirit or it wasn’t. Under the first option everything that was created would be evidence for spirit.
No, that's circular, laughable horseshit. F for logic. And for vocabulary.
Wrong thread but it isn’t. Have you ever built a decision tree before? Is a decision tree circular logic or is it a technique used to evaluate different outcomes?

My point here is that you have never examined anything. You just selected your beliefs blindly.

You stereotyped all Mormons with your blanket statement.
Says you. I said he has been and will continue to be ostracized by his fellow mormons. Thats a fact. No doubt, some mormons not only will not ostracize him, but also know their entire religion is laughable nonsense.

Says you. I said he has been and will continue to be ostracized by his fellow mormons. Thats a fact. No doubt, some mormons not only will not ostracize him, but also know their entire religion is laughable nonsense.
All Mormons? Because that is what you are saying. Adolph.
except for literally just saying the opposite...but hey, lying to yourself out loud has always been your one talent...

Wrong, as usual.
I don’t see how. You stereotyped all Mormons with your blanket statement.

Hitler would have been proud. He did the same thing to all Jews.
Mormons are responsible for thé actions of their faith

Hasn’t been too understanding of homosexuals

All Mormons? Because that is what you are saying. Adolph.
except for literally just saying the opposite...but hey, lying to yourself out loud has always been your one talent...
I’m not the one stereotyping anything. That would be you.

Forum List

Back