Cain got caught in a lie.

So in other words democrats could no longer intimidate the populace from there local strongholds. But all of a sudden they switched to the party they were against.

sure fool sure they did.

Blacks voted 90% republican form the end of the civil war to FDR, by 1964-68 they had switch to vast majority democrat.

So you agree that the vast majority of black American voters have been duped.

If you agree the vast majority of white evangelical Christian voters have been duped as well.

What about at the ages of 18-22?

January 18 – Incoming Alabama governor George Wallace calls for "segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever" in his inaugural address.
April 3 – May 10 – The Birmingham campaign, organized by the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC) and the Alabama Christian Movement for Human Rights challenges city leaders and business owners in Birmingham, Alabama, with daily mass demonstrations.
April – Mary Lucille Hamilton, Field Secretary for the Congress of Racial Equality, refuses to answer a judge in Gadsden, Alabama, until she is addressed by the honorific "Miss". It was the custom of the time to address white people by honorifics and people of color by their first names. Hamilton is jailed for contempt of court and refuses to pay bail. The case Hamilton v. Alabama is filed by the NAACP. It went to the Supreme Court, which ruled in 1964 that courts must address persons of color with the same courtesy extended to whites.
April 7 - Ministers John Thomas Porter, Nelson H. Smith and A. D. King lead a group of 2,000 marchers to protest the jailing of movement leaders in Birmingham.
April 12 - Martin Luther King, Jr. is arrested in Birmingham for "parading without a permit".
April 16 – King's Letter from Birmingham Jail is completed.
April 23 – CORE activist William L. Moore is killed in Gadsden, Alabama.
May 2–4 – Birmingham's juvenile court is inundated with African-American children and teenagers arrested after James Bevel launches his "D-Day" youth march, which spans three days to become the Children's Crusade.[25]
May 9–10 – After images of fire hoses and police dogs turned on protesters are shown on television, the Children's Crusade lays the groundwork for the terms of a negotiated truce on Thursday, May 9 – an end to mass demonstrations in return for rolling back oppressive segregation laws and practices. MLK and Rev. Fred Shuttlesworth announce the terms of the settlement on Friday, May 10, only after MLK holds out to orchestrate the release of thousands of jailed demonstrators with bail money from Harry Belafonte and Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy.[26]
May 13 – In United States of America and Interstate Commerce Commission v. the City of Jackson, Mississippi et al., the United States Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit rules the city's attempt to circumvent laws desegregating interstate transportation facilities by posting sidewalk signs outside Greyhound, Trailways and Illinois Central terminals reading "Waiting Room for White Only — By Order Police Department" and "Waiting Room for Colored Only — By Order Police Department" to be unlawful.[27]
June 9 – Fannie Lou Hamer is among several SNCC workers badly beaten by police in the Winona, Mississippi, jail after their bus stops there.
June 11 – "The Stand in the Schoolhouse Door": Alabama Governor George Wallace stands in front of a schoolhouse door at the University of Alabama in an attempt to stop desegregation by the enrollment of two black students, Vivian Malone and James Hood. Wallace only stands aside after being confronted by federal marshals, Deputy Attorney General Nicholas Katzenbach, and the Alabama National Guard. Later in life he apologizes for his opposition to racial integration then.
June 11 – President John F. Kennedy makes his historic civil rights speech, promising a bill to Congress the next week. About civil rights for "Negroes", in his speech he asks for "the kind of equality of treatment which we would want for ourselves."
June 12 – NAACP worker Medgar Evers is murdered in Jackson, Mississippi. (His killer is convicted in 1994.)[28]
Summer – 80,000 blacks quickly register to vote in Mississippi by a test project to show their desire to participate.
June 19 – President Kennedy sends Congress (H. Doc. 124, 88th Cong., 1st session.) his proposed Civil Rights Act.[29]
August 28 – March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom is held. Dr. Martin Luther King gives his I Have a Dream speech.[30]
September 10 – Birmingham, Alabama City Schools are integrated by National Guardsmen under orders from JFK.
September 15 – 16th Street Baptist Church bombing in Birmingham kills four young girls. That same day, in response to the killings, James Bevel and Diane Nash begin the Alabama Project, which will later grow into the Selma Voting Rights Movement.
November 22 – President Kennedy is assassinated. The new President, Lyndon B. Johnson, decides that accomplishing JFK's legislative agenda is his best strategy, which he pursues with the results below in 1964–1965.[31]

Timeline of African-American Civil Rights Movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What about it? What about the thousands of black Americans, many of who were his same age, that did not get involved in the way you think makes them "good black people"? Are you prepared to show how physical participation is only something black democrats did?

He was basically a kid during most of the Civil Rights movement...

This whole controversy is repugnant and smacks of a mean desperation!

He was an adult in 1963.

This controversy shows black Americans were Herman Cain stood and still stands.

This controversy shows no such thing. Thousands of black American's did not march-that does not prove they were not proud of those who did. All it shows is that, for the majority of the movement, he was a kid. It also shows he had hard working parents who he respected and who put him through college. In addition it proves how desperate and ugly democrats can get...their black ain't allowed off the democratic plantation- otherwise they are attacked and disrespected by those good minding black folks who know their place...Herman Cain dares to have a mind of his own!

What about it? What about the thousands of black Americans, many of who were his same age, that did not get involved in the way you think makes them "good black people"? Are you prepared to show how physical participation is only something black democrats did?

He was basically a kid during most of the Civil Rights movement...

This whole controversy is repugnant and smacks of a mean desperation!

He was an adult in 1963.

This controversy shows black Americans were Herman Cain stood and still stands.

This controversy shows no such thing. Thousands of black American's did not march-that does not prove they were not proud of those who did. All it shows is that, for the majority of the movement, he was a kid. It also shows he had hard working parents who he respected and who put him through college. In addition it proves how desperate and ugly democrats can get...their black ain't allowed off the democratic plantation- otherwise they are attacked and disrespected by those good minding black folks who know their place...Herman Cain dares to have a mind of his own!

Give it up...Salt wants welfare checks and administrators cheating for their test scores while government dumbs things down for blacks. They want the easy life on your dime......... thats all. Simple really.. right salt?

"Attained more in life" than me, how? His marriage is better than mine? His children are healthier than mine? His grandchildren are happier and healthier than mine?

If I "envy" the business success he has attained, should I also "envy" the stage IV liver cancer he attained? I don't envy anyone, because you don't know anyone's private demons or conditions.

And you know nothing of the lives of most white people, but that doesn't stop you from preaching your racial bigotry, asswipe.

Hypocrisy and stupidity are your standards -- establishing that you are and remain quite pathetic.

So, if you believe I'm wrong you also have to believe conservative is wrong as well. He may be bothered by that, as for me, you're white so I don't give a shit what you believe.

I believe you are wrong. Nothing from that fact means that I do or that I should think conservatism is wrong, you hapless moron.

And I already noted that you are a bigot, and thus, by straightforward definition, quite pathetically stupid.

I don't care much about your views, either, jerkoff. Except it is entertaining to expose your flatulent idiocy, you pathetic racist scumbag.

And where did those segregationist democrats go after 1968? Let's ask Trent Lott, Jerry Falwell, Strom Thurman or Jesse Helms. I'm sure they weren't the only ones to move to the republican party, were they?

Where did the segregationist democrats go? You have the nerve to ask that question? Where did the Italian fascists go? Where did the stalinists go? The fact is that they were there. Rosa Parks was fighting against democrat policies.

Rosa Parks was in the 1950's. Where did those segregationist democrats go after 1968?

Italian fascists and stalinists became republicans and voted for Nixon after 1968?

P.S. Research Nixon's "Southern Strategy".

Yeah I've heard it before. Democrat segregationists were really republicans in disguise. They weren't republicans, they were democrats. They voted along democrat party lines. Al Gore's father wasn't a republican, he was a democrat.

Blacks voted 90% republican form the end of the civil war to FDR, by 1964-68 they had switch to vast majority democrat.

If you agree the vast majority of white evangelical Christian voters have been duped as well.

Again, nothing in what I said suggests any such thing.

But I will say this. Voting for liberal Democratics upon the notion that they are the ones who are trying to "help" people is quite stupid. People who fall for such bombastic platitudes DO tend to be easily duped. Obviously.

Envy of what?

you appear to be envious of any black man who has attained more than you in life.

"Attained more in life" than me, how? His marriage is better than mine? His children are healthier than mine? His grandchildren are happier and healthier than mine?

If I "envy" the business success he has attained, should I also "envy" the stage IV liver cancer he attained? I don't envy anyone, because you don't know anyone's private demons or conditions.

Nor do you... yet that has not stopped you from hating whitey, simply because he's whitey.

You're jealous of everything positive Cain has attained in his life. Jealous that you've not done as well.

There's probably some penis envy in there as well.

Democrat segregationists saw the light when their KKK terrorism backfired during the 60's so they decided on a new game plan. Blacks might be independent but democrats could still keep them on the plantation with promises of money. Key Black leaders (aka poverty pimps) would promise to keep their people in line as long as taxpayer dollars kept flowing in. LBJ'a "great society" tore Black families apart when the federal government became the patriarch of most Black families. Look at what democrats tried to do to Black men and women who broke from the federal plantation. Clarence Thomas was vilified and Dr. Condie Rice was protrayed as a complete racist steriotyped image in left wing newspapers. Now it's time for Herman Cain to face the wrath of the democrat plantation with a constant barrage of (media matters) garbage promoted by left wing racists.

Let's see the left are putting Cain down, because he didn't participate in the last 2 years of the civil rights movement and decided to go to college. Like his family wanted him to do.
There were many Blacks who did not get involved in the the movement for many reasons.
But President Obama, while he was in college smoked ,drank and took drugs yet that's OK with the left to have elected a president who did that?

Cain was at Morehouse from 1963-1967. What part of those 4 years were the last 2 years of the civil rights movement?

At 18, my family wanted me to join the family trucking business, I joined the Navy. I was old enough to make my own choices, as was cain and he chose to watch.
Now black people who go to college are not black enough for you?
You are committing racial blackmail. An offense black people commit against each other when one discovers that another is not "down with the cause"....Or when they decide to continue their education, while speaking proper English, they are accused of "acting white"...Of if they move away from their original neighborhood into a middle class area of either mixed race or predominantly white, you folks accuse them of "forgetting where they came from"....
Do not deny this. Happens with great frequency.
Unreal how some blacks will try to hold back more successful people of the same race.
Now you will have a kaniption and call me a racist. I write the truth. You'll spit nails and call me names. Guess what, Salty? I don't give a shit what you think of me.
I am on the side of truth and facts. You are emotional and hateful.
You said so yourself. You don't hate white people because you consider yourself a victim. You hate white people because they are white people. Good.
I am glads you hate me. I like it when you liberals seethe and stew in your emotional paralysis.

I don't believe in role models. I'm a black man who takes care of his family, nothing more, nothing less.

Admirable of course.

Black first, man second.

Perplexing. You stated earlier that you hate white people for being white. How can you hate someone for something they cannot control?

Easy.
This not intended to be a loaded question but one which demands a specific answer.
What did white people do to you that makes you so bitter towards them?
More importantly, if it is generalizations and stereotypes against blacks that you despise so much, then how could you as a father, husband AND retired military person subscribe to the very same generalizations you abhor?
Oh, even though our politics are diametrically in opposition, I'd like to thank you for your service to the country. That thanks is neither superficial or contrived.
I go out of my way to do this for every military person I meet or otherwise acquaint.

What does a fringe group such as Christian Rightists have to do with anything?
Main stream conservatives have marginalized these radicals. We want nothing to do with them. Nor are we intimidated by their threats to "take their ball and go home".

Democrat segregationists saw the light when their KKK terrorism backfired during the 60's so they decided on a new game plan. Blacks might be independent but democrats could still keep them on the plantation with promises of money. Key Black leaders (aka poverty pimps) would promise to keep their people in line as long as taxpayer dollars kept flowing in. LBJ'a "great society" tore Black families apart when the federal government became the patriarch of most Black families. Look at what democrats tried to do to Black men and women who broke from the federal plantation. Clarence Thomas was vilified and Dr. Condie Rice was protrayed as a complete racist steriotyped image in left wing newspapers. Now it's time for Herman Cain to face the wrath of the democrat plantation with a constant barrage of (media matters) garbage promoted by left wing racists.

LBJ said: "I'll have every ****** voting democratic for the next century."

To this day democrats treat blacks like they're a heard of cattle.

Hell look at how progressives call blacks traitors if they dare to be Tea Party or vote republican.

Janene Garofilo (sp) is a fantastic example of progressive racism against blacks...

I'm an individualist and treating people in collectivist fashion is wrong.... Progressives are proud collectivists...

You see... guys like Cain and West strayed from the group, woman like Palin and Bachmann strayed from the group..

It's almost like Animal Farm...

Last edited:
Let's see the left are putting Cain down, because he didn't participate in the last 2 years of the civil rights movement and decided to go to college. Like his family wanted him to do.
There were many Blacks who did not get involved in the the movement for many reasons.
But President Obama, while he was in college smoked ,drank and took drugs yet that's OK with the left to have elected a president who did that?

Cain was at Morehouse from 1963-1967. What part of those 4 years were the last 2 years of the civil rights movement?

At 18, my family wanted me to join the family trucking business, I joined the Navy. I was old enough to make my own choices, as was cain and he chose to watch.
Now black people who go to college are not black enough for you?
You are committing racial blackmail. An offense black people commit against each other when one discovers that another is not "down with the cause"....Or when they decide to continue their education, while speaking proper English, they are accused of "acting white"...Of if they move away from their original neighborhood into a middle class area of either mixed race or predominantly white, you folks accuse them of "forgetting where they came from"....
Do not deny this. Happens with great frequency.
Unreal how some blacks will try to hold back more successful people of the same race.
Now you will have a kaniption and call me a racist. I write the truth. You'll spit nails and call me names. Guess what, Salty? I don't give a shit what you think of me.
I am on the side of truth and facts. You are emotional and hateful.
You said so yourself. You don't hate white people because you consider yourself a victim. You hate white people because they are white people. Good.
I am glads you hate me. I like it when you liberals seethe and stew in your emotional paralysis.

DO you think about black people? If you hate broccoli or spinach do you "seethe and stew in your emotional paralysis" worrying about it? I don't socialize with whites and outside of work I don't really interact with whites. Your gladness or sadness is of no concern to me.

Herman Cain is a Herman Cain, that's the 2011 term for the character Steppin' Fectchit.

Hell look at how progressives call blacks traitors if they dare to be Tea Party or vote republican.

Janene Garofilo (sp) is a fantastic example of progressive racism against blacks...

I'm an individualist and treating people in collectivist fashion is wrong.... Progressives are proud collectivists...

You see... guys like Cain and West strayed from the group, woman like Palin and Bachmann strayed from the group..

What have white evangelical christians got for voting republican the past 40 years?

I'm listening to them discuss it on TV. They showed a clip from a Cain interview from yesterday. He was asked why, since he lived in Atlanta, Georgia why he didn't march. He said the marchers were college students and he was in high school. It was pointed out that he was at MLK's college from 1963 to 1967, and in his 20's. He said that his father taught them not to get in trouble and they if they were told to move to the back of the bus, they moved to the back of the bus. Cain was asked what would have happened if Rosa Parks followed his father's advice, where would blacks be today? He said his father didn't give advice to Rosa Parks and at this point, became very, very angry and said, "Don't tell me how to be black".

Now this is a guy who has questioned Obama's "blackness and Americanism" and calls other blacks "brainwashed". A man who sat in the back of the bus and lied about why he wasn't "involved". MLK would would not be a Republican today. Cain received benefits he didn't earn. That much is clear.

You are a worthless person, and I generally ignore you. However, this cannot be ignored. How exactly does a person EARN the rights derived from the Civil Rights movement? You are sick in the head.

By participating.

Did that really have to be explained?

Gawd you guys are dumb.

I'm listening to them discuss it on TV. They showed a clip from a Cain interview from yesterday. He was asked why, since he lived in Atlanta, Georgia why he didn't march. He said the marchers were college students and he was in high school. It was pointed out that he was at MLK's college from 1963 to 1967, and in his 20's. He said that his father taught them not to get in trouble and they if they were told to move to the back of the bus, they moved to the back of the bus. Cain was asked what would have happened if Rosa Parks followed his father's advice, where would blacks be today? He said his father didn't give advice to Rosa Parks and at this point, became very, very angry and said, "Don't tell me how to be black".

Now this is a guy who has questioned Obama's "blackness and Americanism" and calls other blacks "brainwashed". A man who sat in the back of the bus and lied about why he wasn't "involved". MLK would would not be a Republican today. Cain received benefits he didn't earn. That much is clear.

You are a worthless person, and I generally ignore you. However, this cannot be ignored. How exactly does a person EARN the rights derived from the Civil Rights movement? You are sick in the head.

By participating.

Gawd you guys are dumb.
And, those who didn't participate, have not earned those rights. Better yet, who decides what constitutes participation?

That's pretty fucking stupid.

What have white evangelical christians got for voting republican the past 40 years?

A reputation for hating gays, for being anti education and anti science. A reputation for being ignorant. A reputation for spreading hate.

They certainly have NOT been accused of building anything positive. They have no "real" accomplishments. They have done nothing to move the country forward.

Did that help?

By participating.

Gawd you guys are dumb.
And, those who didn't participate, have not earned those rights. Better yet, who decides what constitutes participation?

That's pretty fucking stupid.

They "inherited" those rights. Hope that helped.

Forum List

Back