Caitlan Clark not chosen for US Olympic team. This is a hard clique to crack apparently.

the watcher

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2016
I can't imagine that she won't use this as motivation in playing with extra effort this year, as if she still has something to prove. Pretty sad in all events, and it looks like a league decision. Christine Brennan of USA Today reports that Clark was omitted from this year's 12-woman Olympic roster in large part because the program was concerned she would not necessarily carve out major rotation minutes among a loaded backcourt comprising New York Liberty point guard Sabrina Ionescu, Las Vegas Aces guards Kelsey Plum, Jackie Young and Chelsea Gray, Seattle Storm combo guard Jewell Lloyd, and Phoenix Mercury guards Diana Taurasi and Kahleah Copper.

I can't imagine that she won't use this as motivation in playing with extra effort this year, as if she still has something to prove. Pretty sad in all events, and it looks like a league decision. Christine Brennan of USA Today reports that Clark was omitted from this year's 12-woman Olympic roster in large part because the program was concerned she would not necessarily carve out major rotation minutes among a loaded backcourt comprising New York Liberty point guard Sabrina Ionescu, Las Vegas Aces guards Kelsey Plum, Jackie Young and Chelsea Gray, Seattle Storm combo guard Jewell Lloyd, and Phoenix Mercury guards Diana Taurasi and Kahleah Copper.

Sort of a stupid move from the Olympic team IMHO.

Caitlin Clark is the most popular basketball babe on the planet, and her presence alone would cause millions of curious TV watchers to tune in.

Banning a major attraction from the event is an unforced error from the promoters.

NBC Sports might think about bringing the chick in to do commentary and color for the games? People still want to see what the big deal is with the broad.

The big deal is she can hit from anywhere on the court, and also leads in assists and is a passing genius. She is the ultimate team player, and I can't understand the resentment from the league.

She just entered the league, her time will come on future Olympic teams.

The big deal is she can hit from anywhere on the court, and also leads in assists and is a passing genius. She is the ultimate team player, and I can't understand the resentment from the league.
One game of 3 points and the next at 30 shows she still needs some seasoning in the league.

While Clarke is being targeted and opposed by woke media because she’s white, I don’t find this as a “snub” based on merit. If they had her on it would be to drum up interest, but I always thought putting Christian Laettner on the 92 dream team was dumb, so I’ll hold the same standard here. Let Clarke establish herself professionally, then she can be an Olympian.

However, continue to watch Clarke make woke sports media heads angry as they spew racist claims about her. If you ever have to ask if it’s racist, just take the word “white” and insert “black” in their words, and see how It sounds

She just entered the league, her time will come on future Olympic teams.

You don't get it. Ms. Clark is a big deal now, now is the time to promote her appearances not in 4-8 years when people might not care about her at all.

In 2028, she may be out of the WNBA completely, and maybe appearing in ladies' wrestling instead. Since pro style ladies wrestling isn't in the Olympics, they'll be screwed completely.

The Olympic committee had no problem putting rookie LeBron James on the 2004 team.

Snubbing Caitlin is stupid for the WNBA and racist. If Caitlin were black, I suspect she would have been picked.

You don't get it. Ms. Clark is a big deal now, now is the time to promote her appearances not in 4-8 years when people might not care about her at all.

In 2028, she may be out of the WNBA completely, and maybe appearing in ladies' wrestling instead. Since pro style ladies wrestling isn't in the Olympics, they'll be screwed completely.
Well, she is way overhyped, so you may have a point. But I think the coaches of the Olympic want a group whose tendencies they are familiar with and not a newbie way too inconsistent, especially for international play where few fouls are called.

If its always been the rule that the top 12 players go to the Olympics to play, then that's rule.

Clarke might get to go as an alternate. Then again, they may have chosen others as alternates just to avoid the backlash of dealing with Clarke and her fanbase during the Olympics. They may want players you don't have to pet and be very careful with for the Olympics as the games are frequent.

Last edited:
If its always been the rule that the top 12 players go to the Olympics to play, then that's rule.

Clarke might get to go as an alternate. Then again, they have may chose others as alternates just to avoid the backlash of dealing with Clarke and her fanbase during the Olympics. I want players you don't have to pet and be very careful with.

Putting Clark on the team will draw eyes.

The team won't have to worry about "backlash" if they don't put her on the team because those who are curious to see her, won't bother tuning it.

The team won't have to worry about "backlash" if they don't put her on the team because those who are curious to see her, won't bother tuning it.
Then write to them and tell them.

As of now it just seems like she is problems. You cant bump her, you can't touch her, you cant foul her, you can't block her, etc... It's like she's an oversized kid whom no one is allowed to play competitive ball with.

I think the organization just wants to go there (Olympics) and win without the Clark drama. There is lots of drama where ever she is. Everything concerning her is called "Unfair"

Another player named... I forgot her name she is black and the black ref called 2-3 techs on her within one minute. Then he threw out of the game. She's young - a new player a baby in the game.

When I saw the replay she was such a trooper about it she had walked all the way out of the court area before the announcers knew it was her being kicked out- she caused no drama.

Turns out the ref was just a black man who hates black females. The WNBA threw out one of his technical fouls.

So, she should be on the team based on her popularity and not her skill as a player?

The Olympic team has been practising for many years a lot of what they do is automatic. Caitlin Clark couldn't possibly learn their plays or playing style in six weeks.

It's all about typical female emotions going on! The myth is their "sisterhood," but that's for the phony personas they create for family & the Nat'l cameras! Behind the scenes they resent one another w/ jealousy, envy, & outright hate! All you need do is go back to 2016! They selected Trump over Hillary, unable to get past their own animous of another successful woman! I didn't think it possible! Women are always in competition w/ one another over $$, men, school, work, & popularity! IDK why people are surprised that Clark is receiving the typical welcome of a rookie?! It doesn't matter that she's brought more eyeballs to the sport, $$ is up, & they can take charter flights instead of commercial airline fare! When I lived in Sacramento, I traveled a lot in the 90's & ran into our local WNBA team 2 or 3 times over the years! It was pathetic! Caitlin should teach them all a lesson; take a contract abroad & see how the league does w/o her! :p ;):rolleyes::stir::oops:

Last edited:

Clarke might get to go as an alternate. Then again, they may have chosen others as alternates just to avoid the backlash of dealing with Clarke and her fanbase during the Olympics. They may want players you don't have to pet and be very careful with for the Olympics as the games are frequent.

I'm sure if at all possible, she'll make the trip to Paris! It has to be a stunt to keep the drama going! :stir:

Forum List

Back