California Dems want to do away with single family homes

gettyimages-875403094.jpg

The American Dream right down the tubes.

Co-Author claims existing land use regulations exclude people “for economic reasons and race reasons.”

All in the name of fairness?

If you have the stomach to read all of it, go to CA Bill Would Eliminate Single-Family Home Zoning In Most Of The State

This is another faltering step toward state communism. Indeed, a home is the American Dream in a nutshell and under one roof.
You mean a dream of the today's Americans is in a four thousand square foot home for two people.
If they can afford it, yes.
I found it too much for just one person and the upkeep was more than I wanted so I built smaller. In town they build 750-900 sq ft homes. So far no one has died from it.

The Corrupt Democrats are always trying to to spread their ghettos into the suburbs.
View attachment 260947
Repubs want to make the US like China where there is no more suburbs just ghettos and mansions.

Sorry to inform you...but I consider myself Republican......

And I want no such thing.

Try again.
Common man you know how hyperbole works...The repubs say the dems are all on welfare and the dems say the repubs are industrialist sellouts...

I found it too much for just one person and the upkeep was more than I wanted so I built smaller. In town they build 750-900 sq ft homes. So far no one has died from it.

why don't you just go ahead and say it moonbat?....after all, it's what you mean....

"FROM each according to his abilities, TO each according to his NEEDS"

Isn't that the foundation of Marxism?

Last edited:

why don't you just go ahead and say it moonbat.....

It is not like I believe in living an opulent standard to prove what a man I am..

It is not like I believe in living an opulent standard to prove what a man I am..

Oh, so YOU get to decide how much is "enough" for everyone else?

Yes, I think we understand your thinking quite well. It's exactly how the Leftist party in Venezuela handed their country a Dictatorship.

The single family dwelling is part of the cause of the high home prices.
No not really.

It's the building codes and it would be just as expensive to build multifamily dwellings
It's the size of the homes they build in the vast majority that are causing the cost to be high.

No it's not

Small houses cost way more in CA than any other state.

High taxes, outrageous building codes make all housing expensive as well.

WHat do you think it will cost to build a 4 family unit as compared to a single home?

What will the rent have to be to cover the mortgage. interest, taxes and upkeep of that 4 family home?

And better yet who will own all those multifamily dwellings?

No it's not
WHat do you think it will cost to build a 4 family unit as compared to a single home?
What will the rent have to be to cover the mortgage. interest, taxes and upkeep of that 4 family home?

Good point.

If it weren't for government taxation and the burden of excessive regulation, housing would probably still be affordable.
Leftists are ALL ABOUT milking the tax base for every penny in order to funnel it to their own special interests. I mean, it happens on ALL sides politically speaking, but the Left seems to excel at it.

I would say ( and could probably prove) that Democrats (at least those with political power) are the greediest, most hedonistic individuals on the Planet.

As far as ownership....MoonBats want the STATE to own everything.

Co-Author claims existing land use regulations exclude people “for economic reasons and race reasons.”

If you have the stomach to read all of it, go to CA Bill Would Eliminate Single-Family Home Zoning In Most Of The State

This is another faltering step toward state communism. Indeed, a home is the American Dream in a nutshell and under one roof.
You mean a dream of the today's Americans is in a four thousand square foot home for two people.
My house now is litle over 1000 sq ft. I bought my dream land this year. I'm probably going to build a 600 sq ft home on it. I personally don't see why people build such big homes, but if they got the money. More power to them.

The Corrupt Democrats are always trying to to spread their ghettos into the suburbs.
View attachment 260947
And where is that?

If I had to guess, I'd say China.
I went there last year for my son's wedding. After being shown around the city (Daqing), I asked where the houses were. My daughter-in-law responded "Only the poor people live in houses". And for the most part, it was true. China puts most of its money into its cities, and since government controls the housing there, they shove everyone into high-rises. The only places you see single-family homes are in the countryside. And those are tiny hovels with a "single-family" that usually outnumbers the rooms in the house.

Oh, so YOU get to decide how much is "enough" for everyone else?

Yes, I think we understand your thinking quite well. It's exactly how the Leftist party in Venezuela handed their country a Dictatorship.
I am sure you would like to hand Trump a dictatorship also but that is not the point. I live aas I like and as far as what you do I don't give a crap..I sell them..

My house now is litle over 1000 sq ft. I bought my dream land this year. I'm probably going to build a 600 sq ft home on it. I personally don't see why people build such big homes, but if they got the money. More power to them.
My parents live in a four thousand square foot home I can understand the investment part of it but as far as what I want to have to take care of I like smaller.

No not really.

It's the building codes and it would be just as expensive to build multifamily dwellings
It's the size of the homes they build in the vast majority that are causing the cost to be high.

No it's not

The demand is what moves the cost the price up the most, then labor and materials. Hell taxes are high in every city I know of the bigger the city the bigger the tax bill. Another reason I prefer the country life.

No not really.

No it's not

The demand is what moves the cost the price up the most, then labor and materials. Hell taxes are high in every city I know of the bigger the city the bigger the tax bill. Another reason I prefer the country life.

Just illustrates that only people stupid enough to pay a million bucks for a 1200 sf ranch live in CA

No not really.

No it's not

Just illustrates that only people stupid enough to pay a million bucks for a 1200 sf ranch live in CA
I was looking in the later 1970's and early 1980's and it was too high for me at 100k for a house..So I bought one for 39k in NW Arkansas.

Forum List

Back