California Governor Gavin Newsom wins recall election in a landslide!

Are you sure? Because Trump has already insisted that the 'election was rigged'. His claim about every election since 2016.

If you can't trust Trump on election legitimacy, who can you trust?

amiright?
It is bad when you can't listen to a whole party before, during or after an election, as if they don't believe in elections unless they win. People like that could try to take over and do away with or try to overrule elections. Er, uh, I guess they already did. Kind of makes them the anarchist, insurrection party. Damn, I miss normal conservatives.

For starters, authoritarian and communist aren’t synonymous. You can’t just switch one for the other.
You think with Putin that auroritarian and communism aren't synonymous?
You think with Xi Jinping that authoritarian and communism aren't synonymous?

I've lived in California. Its a great state. I've lived in Texas too....loved it.

I think you panty shitters may want to travel a bit more.
Interesting you say that....having been raised in Western NY (very red) I have found that those from my hometown who got away and travelled the country/world are way more liberal than those who stayed put.

You think with Putin that auroritarian and communism aren't synonymous?
You think with Xi Jinping that authoritarian and communism aren't synonymous?
What? Who thinks Putin is a communist? I don’t. He’s authoritarian, yes. Not communist.

Words have meaning.

What? Who thinks Putin is a communist? I don’t. He’s authoritarian, yes. Not communist.

Words have meaning.
Just because you don't, doesn't mean very much in the world politics, colfax. Russia is a communist country.

It is bad when you can't listen to a whole party before, during or after an election, as if they don't believe in elections unless they win. People like that could try to take over and do away with or try to overrule elections. Er, uh, I guess they already did. Kind of makes them the anarchist, insurrection party. Damn, I miss normal conservatives.

At least normal conservatives believed in something. Jimmy Kimmel summarized modern conservatives beautifully and in one sentence:

"If they win its a landslide, if they lose its fraud."

No, actually I think the recount is going to have the exact opposite effect. He easily prevailed and he'll treat it like a landslide victory for reelection. He's not out of the woods but this isn't going to hurt him.
Wasn't this the fifth or sixth attempt on Newsom? California Republicans are a funny breed. :lol:

View attachment 539423

The state’s Democratic governor has survived a Republican-led effort to oust him from office a year early.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) has prevailed in the state’s recall election, projections show, securing a victory in the biggest fight of his political career thus far and protecting the Democratic Party from a perilous ripple effect.

CALIFORNIA REJECTS RECALL — NEWSOM SURVIVES

Great news! A great day for American democracy! Just announced on MSNBC.

The recall FAILED. It was a landslide for Newsom.
I'm beginning to think the republican party is nothing but a bunch of malcontents. Truth and reason won this election. Unfortunately because of their alliance with trump and his crazy lies and conspiracy theories, the republicans are being viewed as liars also.

Just because you don't, doesn't mean very much in the world politics, colfax. Russia is a communist country.
I’m sorry, that’s just a really simplistic mindset.

Russia is not communist. It’s corrupt. It’s authoritarian. It is kleptocratic. It’s not communist.

Do you even know what communism is?

Experience? Biden has tons of experience and the only thing he's ever succeeded at was keeping Obama alive by being vice president.
"keeping Obama alive"? Was there a rightwing intent on assassinating Former President Obama?

Democrats print however many boxes of ballots they need. That's been California for years.
Yeah, that must be how California elected Reagan and Schwarzenegger ... Both twice
Might be helpful if you fielded a decent candidate - Larry Elder wasn't it. :)

Last edited:
I'm beginning to think the republican party is nothing but a bunch of malcontents. Truth and reason won this election. Unfortunately because of their alliance with trump and his crazy lies and conspiracy theories, the republicans are being viewed as liars also.

You don't even have to like Newsom or think he's doing a particularly good job to NOT want a talk show host with no experience as your governor.

He has been favored...

I simply don't understand why he was effectively running against Trump.... Trump wasn't even on the ballot. His record was lousy too....hence the recall.
Look at what his opponent did, the same exact thing trump did. It's a bad joke on republicans when the imitate trump. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Forum List

Back