California suffering through SEVERE climate change

California Facing Worst Drought on Record | NOAA Climate.gov
The most populated state in the country is facing what may be its worst drought in a century of record-keeping. On January 20, the governor of California declared a state of emergency, urging everyone to begin conserving water. Water levels in all but a few reservoirs in the state are less than 50% of capacity, mountains are nearly bare of snow except at the highest elevations, and the fire risk is extreme. In Nevada, the situation is much the same.

Wonder why that could be :eusa_think:

California Drought Crisis Reaches Worst Level as It Spreads North - NBC News

The most populated state in the country is facing what may be its worst drought in a century of record-keeping. On January 20, the governor of California declared a state of emergency, urging everyone to begin conserving water. Water levels in all but a few reservoirs in the state are less than 50% of capacity, mountains are nearly bare of snow except at the highest elevations, and the fire risk is extreme. In Nevada, the situation is much the same.

They have only kept records for 100 years.

CA periodically goes through droughts; and 100 years is statistically insignificant on a climatological scale.

The real problem in CA is that enviromoonbats have prevented the expansion of water storage and delivery infrastructure to keep pace with population growth and the needs of the agriculture industry. They actually lobby to destroy dams and reservoirs.

Given that periods of drought are NORMAL in CA, we should build more dams and reservoirs so that water in plentiful times is stored for future droughts.

Oh, and it would help not to drain reservoirs during a drought to try to reclaim salmon runs that dried up decades ago.

California Drought Crisis Reaches Worst Level as It Spreads North - NBC News

Poor Dottie. As if drought is uncommon in California. Here's the deal low information silly person, most of Cali is a DESERT! I know! Shocking huh! And here's the real funny part.....they built this huge city RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THAT DESERT! Hilarious...right?

Now, for the bad news....

California drought: Past dry periods have lasted more than 200 years, scientists say

See that headline there....PAST droughts...now...what exactly does that mean? Why I think that means that drought is pretty common in Cali, don't you? And furthermore...they can last a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaalll long time.

So, in other words...your panic stricken OP is pointless. Yup, you heard me correctly. It is pointless. It means nothing. And in fact serves to expose your colossal ignorance to the board. And for that we thanks you!

California drought: Past dry periods have lasted more than 200 years, scientists say - San Jose Mercury News

Then I guess the governor should have checked with you before declaring a state of emergency. And NOAA should have checked with you before declaring this the worst drought since record keeping began there.

Those silly people. I can't believe they didn't think to check with you.

I'm sick of low-info, rw, reactionary posters jumping into the thread, head first w/o reading the OP mind you, to vomit forth their opinion. Save it Skippy :eusa_hand:

"California suffering through SEVERE climate change" says who besides you? Nowhere in the OP other than your title. So Prove severe. You know, maybe you should watch what you post instead of losing control at a poster on the board.

Then I guess the governor should have checked with you before declaring a state of emergency. And NOAA should have checked with you before declaring this the worst drought since record keeping began there.

Those silly people. I can't believe they didn't think to check with you.

:lol::lol::lol: Poor cricky, you try and make it sound like it's never happened, and then when pointed out that it is a REGULAR OCCURENCE, you change tack and try and make it all about concern...what a silly, silly person you are.

Worst drought in a hundred years is not a regular occurrence. Regular ocurrences do not induce the government to declare a state of emergency.

Poor Westie. He's just stupid.

Worst drought in a hundred years is not a regular occurrence. Regular ocurrences do not induce the government to declare a state of emergency.

I suggest you read the article before you really make a fool out of yourself.....uh oh....too late:D

If you want to know how bad a drought is, or if there is even a drought...look at the native vegetation....if it is healthy and growing, then there is no drought no matter what you would like to believe. The climate there is doing what it has done for tens of thousands of years...it is doing what the native vegetation has evolved to live with...the drought is non existent...there are water problems for people who might want to call it drought..but it isn't drought and the native vegetation is there calling bullshit on the claim every second of every day.

^ link?

Heres MY link:

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ca...-reaches-worst-level-it-spreads-north-n169516
As California starts handing out its first fines to water-wasters, new data reveals the state’s crippling drought conditions have never been worse. As of Tuesday — the same day the stricter restrictions went into effect — more than 58 percent of the state was in an “exceptional drought” stage, according to the latest U.S. Drought Monitor map. That’s a drastic jump from just a week earlier when about 36 percent of the state was suffering under exceptional drought, meaning there’s widespread crop and pasture losses and shortages of water in reservoirs, streams and wells. In comparison, there were no areas in California categorized as exceptional — the most extreme category — at the beginning of the year even amid a three-year dry period.

Last edited:
The El Nino is fizzling out, so no drought relief for California there.

And the global temperature will continue to drop. Inexorably. Get used to it admiral, the world done passed you and your "theory" by.

The El Nino is fizzling out, so no drought relief for California there.

Where was there an El Nino? Since there wasn't one, it never fizzled out. LOL. It seems to me that you are looking for the earth to get warmer. this just proves that!

And the global temperature will continue to drop. Inexorably. Get used to it admiral, the world done passed you and your "theory" by.

Interesting theory. If global temps didn't keep setting new record highs, it wouldn't look so insane.

No matter. Time will tell. How many more years of rising temps will it take before you admit to being wrong?

old news......has nothing to do with climate change. Drought BS is just another alarmist ruse......all anybody has to do is go back and check the last 100 year history of drought. It comes. It goes. It comes, it goes. When it goes.....and doesn't return for years as historical data shows very vividly...... you never hear dick from the alarmist k00ks.

Interesting theory. If global temps didn't keep setting new record highs, it wouldn't look so insane.

No matter. Time will tell. How many more years of rising temps will it take before you admit to being wrong?

"record highs"

Just to bring the banter back to Realville, the :D"record highs" the past two months globally were.........ready for this.........

1/20th

of

one

degree

Forum List

Back