California Tea Party Files Class Action Lawsuit Against IRS

Your analogy doesn't work, for reasons outlined in my previous posts.

No conservative 501c4s were prevented in any way from operating by the IRS.

Without being approved for 501(c)(4) status the groups could not claim to be operating as tax-exempt entities, greatly hampering the appeal for donors to contribute as well as many other benefits of tax exemption. Media buys are different, mail rates are higher, and until tax exempt status is granted federal taxes are required to be paid.

There is no way around the rules.

I have just repeatedly showed you that this simply is not true. I don't know why you keep repeating it as if it was.

You cited one non-official source and then stated opinions of lawyers you worked with.

There are no penalties for operating while not being "formally approved". The worst case scenario (being rejected) would result in nothing more than a higher tax bill.

I see you've never dealt with the IRS.

Not Paying Your Taxes? Your Board Could Be Personally Liable - NPQ - Nonprofit Quarterly

Your link concerns employee withholding tax, and is entirely irrelevant to what we're talking about.

IRS actions against board members and those board members being held personally liable is not irrelevant.

Forum List

Back