Californian's Anti-rape Law Will Put A Lot Of Innocent Men Behind Bars!

Do liberals ever miss an opportunity to try to appeal to a voting block by unjustly harming another voting block? Do they think of unintended (although I honestly think they know the unintended consequences, but honestly don't care).As a father of daughters (and a son), I take rape seriously. Women should always feel safe and rapist should never get away with it. However, this law will do the opposite of what it's intended to do. It will put innocent men in jail and not prevent rape.

California adopts yes means yes sex-assault rule page 1
"This law has requires a woman to affirmative stated she wants to have sex before doing it. “an affirmative, conscious and voluntary agreement to engage in sexual activity.” The legislation says silence or lack of resistance does not constitute consent. Under the bill, someone who is drunk,..."

False claims of rape are real and more numerous then people want to think. This almost guarantees that any claim of rape will lead to a prosecution.

Soon they will be arresting people for bad thoughts!
We need a signed affidavit approving of consensual sex with at least 3 witnesses signed in triplicate. One copy for the state and one copy each of the party or parties in question.
I've read of a few instances where guys produced video evidence of the sex act that they had recorded surreptitiously and the charge against them was dropped immediately.

Recording your entire sexual encounter needs to be Standard Operating Procedure, just like cops having dash cams.

Secondly, after the you're cleared of the false allegation you can send the video clip to the woman's parents as revenge or release it to the public.[/QUOTE
Releasing the video for public consumption would be uncool.
No, what I would do is what the Duke U Lacross team did. They found a shark for an attorney and sued the bitch and the Durham County DA.....
The bitch accuser is now in prison( unrelated conviction) and penniless.
The DA was fired, lost his license to practice law and is on the hook for over $5 million.

Does this apply to married couples as well? If not, why not?

You can rape your wife

Two drunk people having sex, and one regretting it after is not rape, sexual assault or any other crime.

Progressives are all about "getting the government out of our bedrooms." Why is this suddenly not the case?

Great point, there were some nights in college I got drunk and regretted some of the nasty women I slept with.

Since I was drunk I wasn't able to consent, so I could call rape, because I regret it!
Beer goggles.....

So in California you need a lawyer to engage in sexual intercourse. "The party initiating the contractual arraignment agrees to French kissing and performing fellatio (but not to ejaculation) on the party of the first part, then move into an exercise of penis to vagina contact for no more that 15 minutes of time prescribed at a date and location of the initiating party. Initiating party does not agree to anal intercourse. Any deviation away from said arraignment will be a violation of the contractual agreement and result in possible rape charges." Ahhhh, sooooo much passion. Liberals are now wanting to destroy romantic moments.
No...actually, all you need is some personal responsibility

Something conservatives used to value
This law removes personal responsibility from the female.
It gives women carte blanche to act irresponsibly then cry FOUL the next day..

And if it happens to one of the girls or a daughter of someone in your family, will you still laugh your ass off when they get raped and they refuse to press charges because of how the victim is treated in many of these cases.
Will you laugh your ass off then?

How bout we do this for our USMB conservatives?

If she is wearing skimpy clothes she is fair game? OK

Bzzt!!! you are going with another debate, not going to work.

Answer the question, do men have to live by a different set of standards under college justice systems, and how does this square under Title IX?

When you can figure out how a woman can rape a man who is passed out, you may have a Title IX complaint
You're pot committed on this.....Unbelievable.
It is my hope that someone you know or one of your male relatives gets caught up in this stupid shit.
I will laugh my ass off.
be careful what you wish for

Releasing the video for public consumption would be uncool.

With a rape accusation the man's name is now in public and that accusation will follow him for the rest of his life. Turn-about if fair play.

And remember this - the woman accused him while knowing the accusation was false. She's lost any grounds for sympathy. Releasing a sex video of an innocent women who did you no wrong is completely uncool and makes you a piece of shit. Releasing a video of a woman who wanted to frame you for rape, possibly send you to prison, and to mark you as a sex offender for the rest of your life - that woman needs to have her reputation smeared. Let her future husband see her in action. She no longer deserves to be treated by civilized rules of conduct, she tried to frame a guy for rape.

Anyone going to address this clear and absurdly-glaring inequity in law and drug rape in California?

Wait....so this is the State that forces little kids every May 22nd to celebrate a dude who got his sexual jollies with underaged teen boys on drugs as "representative of the LGBT movement across the nation and the world"; enshrined just in those words in CA law...
...and this is the quote from his famous biography: The Mayor of Castro Street; The Life and Times of Harvey Milk:
"Harvey Milk always had a penchant for young waifs with substance abuse problems" [page180]
So now there is zero tolerance for having sex with someone addled on drugs? While they require kids to celebrate a man who preferred sodomizing boys who were addled on drugs?
Wait...I'm confused....

With a rape accusation the man's name is now in public and that accusation will follow him for the rest of his life. Turn-about if fair play.

And remember this - the woman accused him while knowing the accusation was false. She's lost any grounds for sympathy. Releasing a sex video of an innocent women who did you no wrong is completely uncool and makes you a piece of shit. Releasing a video of a woman who wanted to frame you for rape, possibly send you to prison, and to mark you as a sex offender for the rest of your life - that woman needs to have her reputation smeared. Let her future husband see her in action. She no longer deserves to be treated by civilized rules of conduct, she tried to frame a guy for rape.

When the video is posted, you need to make sure it includes as much of her personal information as possible: name, address, phone number, e-mail address, EVERYTHING!

Do liberals ever miss an opportunity to try to appeal to a voting block by unjustly harming another voting block? Do they think of unintended (although I honestly think they know the unintended consequences, but honestly don't care).As a father of daughters (and a son), I take rape seriously. Women should always feel safe and rapist should never get away with it. However, this law will do the opposite of what it's intended to do. It will put innocent men in jail and not prevent rape.

California adopts yes means yes sex-assault rule page 1
"This law has requires a woman to affirmative stated she wants to have sex before doing it. “an affirmative, conscious and voluntary agreement to engage in sexual activity.” The legislation says silence or lack of resistance does not constitute consent. Under the bill, someone who is drunk,..."

False claims of rape are real and more numerous then people want to think. This almost guarantees that any claim of rape will lead to a prosecution.

Soon they will be arresting people for bad thoughts!
We need a signed affidavit approving of consensual sex with at least 3 witnesses signed in triplicate. One copy for the state and one copy each of the party or parties in question.

It has to be signed by a Imam in a Sharia court.
Along with 3 male witnesses over age 30 and their names can't all be Mohammed.

Anyone going to address this clear and absurdly-glaring inequity in law and drug rape in California?

Wait....so this is the State that forces little kids every May 22nd to celebrate a dude who got his sexual jollies with underaged teen boys on drugs as "representative of the LGBT movement across the nation and the world"; enshrined just in those words in CA law...
...and this is the quote from his famous biography: The Mayor of Castro Street; The Life and Times of Harvey Milk:
"Harvey Milk always had a penchant for young waifs with substance abuse problems" [page180]
So now there is zero tolerance for having sex with someone addled on drugs? While they require kids to celebrate a man who preferred sodomizing boys who were addled on drugs?
Wait...I'm confused....

Then it seems like it's time for males to protect themselves. Just as how many males feel birth control was up the female...and if the female happens to become pregnant what happens. Right wingers and christians have tried to block every method of birth control and reason for an abortion.
Now the burden falls on the male to prove they didn't rape the female. It just doesn't feel right now does it.
Let's chew on that for bit.

Because birth control is obviously the same as being arrested and thrown in jail for something you might not have done.

Thanks for proving yet again that so-called liberals are nothing more than totalitarian blockheads.

It will be interesting to see if this law actually holds up once the first person is prosecuted under it. It's so absurd and infantile that I don't see how a jury could even convict anyone with such scant evidence and any college that would take action against the accused with the same circumstantial evidence would likely end up getting sued.

Hate crime laws are double-jeopardy for 'bad thoughts' already. But legal.

I don't see this law as a problem. Should be saying yes verbally to sex.

It's a problem because how do you prove it if you're accused?

Historic California Rape Law Tells College Campuses Yes Means Yes VICE News

"The legislation, sponsored by state senator Kevin de León, defines consent as "an affirmative, conscious and voluntary agreement to engage in sexual activity." It attempts to reverse an unfairly weighted burden of responsibility in cases of sexual assault, which has traditionally required an explicit "No" from victims.

The law also states that lack of resistance, silence, and being unconscious or asleep do not equate to consent. Alcohol or drugs do not excuse unwanted sexual activity either. Physical affirmative actions such as nodding or stepping towards the other person can be interpreted as granting consent."

SB967 (law in question)
Bill Text - SB-967 Student safety sexual assault.

"(1) An affirmative consent standard in the determination of whether consent was given by both parties to sexual activity. “Affirmative consent” means affirmative, conscious, and voluntary agreement to engage in sexual activity. It is the responsibility of each person involved in the sexual activity to ensure that he or she has the affirmative consent of the other or others to engage in the sexual activity. Lack of protest or resistance does not mean consent, nor does silence mean consent. Affirmative consent must be ongoing throughout a sexual activity and can be revoked at any time. The existence of a dating relationship between the persons involved, or the fact of past sexual relations between them, should never by itself be assumed to be an indicator of consent."

I don't see a problem.

thank you for proving you cannot understand the entire picture and that right wingers are ignorant about facts because they refuse to acknowledge them.
You want females to be responsible but not males.
Thank you again.

Then it seems like it's time for males to protect themselves. Just as how many males feel birth control was up the female...and if the female happens to become pregnant what happens. Right wingers and christians have tried to block every method of birth control and reason for an abortion.
Now the burden falls on the male to prove they didn't rape the female. It just doesn't feel right now does it.
Let's chew on that for bit.

Because birth control is obviously the same as being arrested and thrown in jail for something you might not have done.

Thanks for proving yet again that so-called liberals are nothing more than totalitarian blockheads.

Forum List

Back