Can 500 law professors be wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
POLITICS
10/02/2018 09:02 pm ET Updated 55 minutes ago
More Than 500 Law Professors Condemn Kavanaugh For ‘Lack Of Judicial Temperament’
Eight of the signatures in the letter to the Senate were from professors at Yale, where the Supreme Court nominee obtained his law degree.

By Matt Ferner
5bb40310220000bb01dbfd21.jpeg

MICHAEL REYNOLDS/POOL VIA REUTERS
Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh speaks at a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on Thursday.

More than 500 law professors from nearly 100 law schools around the nation have signed a letter to the U.S. Senate to say that the volatile temperament Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh displayed on Thursday as he testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee disqualifies him from sitting on the nation’s highest court.

“We regret that we feel compelled to write to you to provide our views that at the Senate hearings on Thursday, September 27, 2018, the Honorable Brett Kavanaugh displayed a lack of judicial temperament that would be disqualifying for any court, and certainly for elevation to the highest court of this land,” the letter says.

The letter is signed by many high-profile law professors, including eight from Yale Law School, where Kavanaugh obtained his law degree. The letter remains open for additional signatures through Thursday, when it will be presented to the Senate.

The legal experts fault Kavanaugh for failing to remain open to the necessary search for truth after being accused of sexually assaulting a girl when he was a teen and instead becoming “repeatedly aggressive with questioners.” The signees also criticize the judge for indicating that he believes allegations made by professor Christine Blasey Ford and other women are “a calculated and orchestrated political hit” by members of the Democratic Party rather than acknowledging that the Senate must try to understand and investigate the facts surrounding the allegations.

“Instead of trying to sort out with reason and care the allegations that were raised, Judge Kavanaugh responded in an intemperate, inflammatory, and partial manner, as he interrupted and, at times, was discourteous to questioners,” the letter reads. The law professors cite two statutes, governing bias and recusal, that require a judge to step aside if he or she is at risk of being perceived as being unfair.

Here’s a copy of their letter:

Signed Law Prof Kavanaugh L... by on Scribd

Can 500 law professors be wrong? You ask.

Of course if they're fucking commies spewing talking points like you. Ya got any other stupid questions.

Namby-Pamby liberals who would slink away in terror from a good bar fight and watch quietly and patiently as their spouses or git were gang raped. Yeah. They never get angry. Not ever.

Except in the responses which will follow in 3....2.....1........

POLITICS
More Than 500 Law Professors Condemn Kavanaugh For ‘Lack Of Judicial Temperament’
Eight of the signatures in the letter to the Senate were from professors at Yale, where the Supreme Court nominee obtained his law degree.

By Matt Ferner

Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh speaks at a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on Thursday.

More than 500 law professors from nearly 100 law schools around the nation have signed a letter to the U.S. Senate to say that the volatile temperament Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh displayed on Thursday as he testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee disqualifies him from sitting on the nation’s highest court.

“We regret that we feel compelled to write to you to provide our views that at the Senate hearings on Thursday, September 27, 2018, the Honorable Brett Kavanaugh displayed a lack of judicial temperament that would be disqualifying for any court, and certainly for elevation to the highest court of this land,” the letter says.

The letter is signed by many high-profile law professors, including eight from Yale Law School, where Kavanaugh obtained his law degree. The letter remains open for additional signatures through Thursday, when it will be presented to the Senate.

The legal experts fault Kavanaugh for failing to remain open to the necessary search for truth after being accused of sexually assaulting a girl when he was a teen and instead becoming “repeatedly aggressive with questioners.” The signees also criticize the judge for indicating that he believes allegations made by professor Christine Blasey Ford and other women are “a calculated and orchestrated political hit” by members of the Democratic Party rather than acknowledging that the Senate must try to understand and investigate the facts surrounding the allegations.

“Instead of trying to sort out with reason and care the allegations that were raised, Judge Kavanaugh responded in an intemperate, inflammatory, and partial manner, as he interrupted and, at times, was discourteous to questioners,” the letter reads. The law professors cite two statutes, governing bias and recusal, that require a judge to step aside if he or she is at risk of being perceived as being unfair.

In 2008 there were 17,500 law Profs.
Why don't you just say the 97% of law profs Don't condemn Kavvanaugh?

Even if he's found not guilty his crazed responses show he's far from fit for the SC
Like I said, the Republicans should do the same thing to every single dem nominee in the future, just to get the response they want, then disqualify said nominee.

I think it's a good plan.
why not impeach Ruth Ginsburg for her outburst against a sitting president.

POLITICS

By Matt Ferner

Can 500 law professors be wrong? You ask.

Of course if they're fucking commies spewing talking points like you. Ya got any other stupid questions.

yeah tex they're all commies and perverts thieves and cheats Just like Trump

If you don't either your trolling or just plain stupid, which is it???

I'm not the one that claimed it took a moron to believe it takes a moron to believe Kavanaugh was the victim of a political hit job. The man is a liar, and doesn't have the temperament to be a judge. How many judges have you seen cry when things didn't go to suit him? How many judges have you seen spouting conspiracy theories at their confirmation hearings?

What does that have to do with these 500 guys who are supposed to be highly educated who can't see a political hit when it's right in front of their face ? And it came from Diane who has a history of dirty politics.

You don't think his lying and crying at his confirmation hearing is an indication of his temperament?
It has not been proven that he lied about anything. His reaction to false charges was perfectly normal. Only a coward like you would just bend over and take that abuse.

The thing that has all you lying sky howlers so upset is that your plan is not working. You were hoping he would quit or Trump would withdraw him. He didn't and now it's all unraveling before you so all you can do is hurl more irrational unfounded lies and tantrums. Sucks to be you.

Sounds good. You can add that to your theory about this being all about Clinton revenge. Throw in some Bigfoot stuff too. The crazies will eat it up.
Liar, I never mentioned "clinton revenge". Make up some more crap troll.

Can 500 law professors be wrong?

Yes. 62,980,160 people can be wrong, why not 500?

Professors and hollyweirdos are mostly all filthy hack leftists. Most of them are indoctrinating our youth with their anti American propaganda.

Fuck them all. Want my respect? Demonstrate a reason for me to give it to you.

So you don’t believe in one’s feminine side?

I believe a SC judge should have better control of his emotions, and shouldn't base his decisions on Alex Jones conspiracy theories.
Of course you would believe that, because it's what your masters told you to think.
The man stood up for his beliefs, he stood up to the political game being played against him. He stood up for his family.
This is the kind of guy that needs to be on the Supreme Court

No. He sat there and cried while making childish and disrespectful remarks to committee members.
:auiqs.jpg: You need to seek help, you have TDS something bad. After taking all the disrespect from the despicable masters of yours,
you got butthurt because he gave it back to them???? He has integrity on his side and you don't recognize that.
Integrity is something your masters haven't a clue on.
the pussy grabber has integrity?
Who are you even talking about?????

kavanaugh_crying.jpg

These 500 lawyers have made me cry.

kavanaugh_angry.jpg

You know those are all JEW lawyers, right? Working for Clinton!

kavanaugh_crying_2.jpg

I'm going to have to move, and change my identity to Bart O'Kavanaugh. *sniff*

So you don’t believe in one’s feminine side?

I believe a SC judge should have better control of his emotions, and shouldn't base his decisions on Alex Jones conspiracy theories.
Of course you would believe that, because it's what your masters told you to think.
The man stood up for his beliefs, he stood up to the political game being played against him. He stood up for his family.
This is the kind of guy that needs to be on the Supreme Court

No. He sat there and cried while making childish and disrespectful remarks to committee members.
:auiqs.jpg: You need to seek help, you have TDS something bad. After taking all the disrespect from the despicable masters of yours,
you got butthurt because he gave it back to them???? He has integrity on his side and you don't recognize that.
Integrity is something your masters haven't a clue on.
the pussy grabber has integrity?
More than Feinstein and Ford... :p

No the Unhinged Left are the haters, hate and anger consume your side, the Unhinged Left are also the ones who threaten physical violence, you do not know Brett Kavanaugh but you hate him, you do not know The Donald but you hate him, you hate ALL Conservatives, your ideal situation would be that ALL Conservatives were dragged off and murdered in the night you are Communists and you want a Communist System for EVERY Western nation, The Leftist Agenda is no different than the Communist Agenda and in America the ONLY thing that is stopping you is the Second Amendment prevents you from Gun Confiscation IF you remove that you will begin rounding up ANYONE who does not support The Leftist Agenda and they will be murdered just like happened in EVERY Communist Regime:

IWggjTXIu5BesYMUaXeZkLt3XJfUg1EyLyXGM7MDymU.jpg

:auiqs.jpg:You mad, bro?

What reason could she possibly have for being mad?
Righteous indignation yes,mad no.

Trump and Conservatives are winning at every turn and you think she's mad? :auiqs.jpg:

Pretty sure I didn't ask you.

I'm absolutely certain I dont give a fuck what you think.

And right back atcha, slappy! :21:

Funny....just a minute ago you were pretty sure.
You're like Charlie Brown. Whishy washy.

:auiqs.jpg:You mad, bro?

What reason could she possibly have for being mad?
Righteous indignation yes,mad no.

Trump and Conservatives are winning at every turn and you think she's mad? :auiqs.jpg:

Pretty sure I didn't ask you.

I'm absolutely certain I dont give a fuck what you think.

And right back atcha, slappy! :21:

Funny....just a minute ago you were pretty sure.
You're like Charlie Brown. Whishy washy.
hey, I like Charlie Brown.

I was troubled by his partisan statements, but after 32 hours of hostile questioning frequently interrupted by shouting, pitchfork-weilding protestors, plus 1200 written questions answered, and then 2 weeks of being crucified without trial by the media, with his family looking on, these professors should show some fairness. Of course, if they are all pro-choice advocates from California, the letter makes perfect sense.

Last edited:
POLITICO 10/02/2018 09:02 pm ET Updated 55 minutes agoMore Than 500 Law Professors Condemn Kavanaugh For ‘Lack Of Judicial Temperament’
`
As I give zero integrity to any of the far right commentators here, most of whom are clueless on topics they comment on, I'd far sooner believe in the credibility of 500 law professors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back