Can a orthodox or catholic be a born again Christian?

Catholics are gods favorites

Maybe until the Renaissance; after that clearly they weren't.
Does God have favorites?

I believe he loves all of his creatures. Even the ones that don’t love him.
Every religion claims they are Gods favorites

If not, why would anyone join a religion that is second best
Ummm... no. Every religion does not claim that. Show me.
Show me a religion that claims to be second best

While lower level Christians may still get into heaven, they will not have all the rights and privileges that Catholics get

Catholics get first class accommodations in heaven because they are gods favorites

Catholics are gods favorites

Does God have favorites?

They don’t make any claim of being best or second best, RW.

You are the one who claims every religion claims they are right and the others are wrong. It’s your claim to prove.

While lower level Christians may still get into heaven, they will not have all the rights and privileges that Catholics get

Catholics get first class accommodations in heaven because they are gods favorites
Where are you getting this stuff from, RW?

No one knows their fate. They just think they do.

Does God have favorites?

You are the one who claims every religion claims they are right and the others are wrong. It’s your claim to prove.
Which religion claims the dogma of every other religion is right?

I have faith that God has a special place in heaven for Catholics

How dare you question my faith?

Because you’re a troll?

Does God have favorites?

Again, they don’t claim their’s is the best, they don’t claim their’s is second best and they don’t claim all other religions are wrong.

They just profess their beliefs.

You have been so brainwashed in the art of critical theory that you don’t understand that the correct way of describing beliefs is to describe what they are.

You only arrive at your belief by criticizing what you don’t believe. You have never stated your beliefs in the positive.

You are the poster child of critical theory. You think you are practicing critical thinking but you aren’t. Critical thinking is the practice of challenging what you believe to test what you believe. Something you never do.

I think they can if they have a personal relationship with christ and are born out of water and spirit. I have friends who are in free church and they told me a Catholic can be a christian if he has a personal relationship with christ. But not all catholics are christians. And we talked about the Pope and my friend said he is not sure if he is a christian I mean the Pope but that a Catholic can be christian.

Yes, of course. Anyone in fact, can be a Christian, if they accept the Lord Jesus Christ, as both their Lord, and Savior. Savior: Meaning they understand they are fallen and sinful people, that need to be saved from their own sins. Lord: Meaning the ruler and owner of their lives.

Some people accept they are sinful and need saved, but do not want to have someone ruling their lives.
Some people accept that Jesus is Lord, but deny that they are all that sinful, and rather that they are pretty good people.

If any person accepts Jesus as Lord and Savior, and calls on the name of the Lord, he will be saved.

Any person can be a born again Christian. The only question is whether they can remain also in whatever faith they were to begin with.

So, can you be Muslim and a born again Christian? That would be difficult since Islam expressly states that Jesus was just a man, perhaps a prophet, or even a good prophet, but still just a man. How can he be Lord, if he is only a man?

I do not know everything about Catholicism, or Orthodox. However, if either of them deny that Jesus was Lord, and Savior, and that all who are in Jesus are saved.... then I would think that would make remaining either, while being a born again Christian, rather difficult.

Because you’re a troll?
Trolls are mythical creatures

The pecking order in Heaven is serious business

libertarians_in_heaven.png

Again, they don’t claim their’s is the best, they don’t claim their’s is second best and they don’t claim all other religions are wrong.

You have been so brainwashed in the art of critical theory that you don’t understand that the correct way of describing beliefs is to describe what they are.

You only arrive at your belief by criticizing what you don’t believe. You have never stated your beliefs in the positive.

You are the poster child of critical theory. You think you are practicing critical thinking but you aren’t. Critical thinking is the practice of challenging what you believe to test what you believe. Something you never do.
You know nothing about religion

I think they can if they have a personal relationship with christ and are born out of water and spirit. I have friends who are in free church and they told me a Catholic can be a christian if he has a personal relationship with christ. But not all catholics are christians. And we talked about the Pope and my friend said he is not sure if he is a christian I mean the Pope but that a Catholic can be christian.

Morti, there are several similarities between Islam and Catholicism. They are both tribalistic and violent. The Catholics persecuted people for not being Catholic for centuries. Islam does the same thing. The Catholics have a history of rounded up people and butchered them alive, burning people alive and the mass hanging of people for not being Catholic. ISIS does the same sort of ultra violent crimes against humanity. The European Catholics are obsessed with hating Jews. In America the Catholics are obsessed with hating the Evangelicals.(tribalism) During WWII the Catholics rounded up the Orthodox Christians and mass murdered them. The Nazi Party's genocidal hatred of Jews came right out of the Catholic Church's centuries of anti-Semitic teachings. The Mexican Catholics persecuted Texans for not being Catholic and that was what caused the Texas revolution. Thankfully today's Catholics are no long violent bigots, but they are still very tribalistic. They want the whole world to be Catholic in the similar way that the Muslims want the whole world to be Muslim. BTW, I am not a Christian.

Aren't the evangelicals "tribalistic"? They want the whole country and the whole world to be evangelicals. They are playing the same game.

Yes, that's why every Wednesday and Sunday churches services are always followed by mass murders and mob violence. You really nailed it here.

Which means what? we've seen bimbos like graham and robertson and swaggart and focus on the family strutting around.

Yes, they've murdered a lot of people; they sacrifice hundreds of atheists and faggots every service. Once again you set us all straight with your lighting bolts of rationalist truths.

Because you’re a troll?
Trolls are mythical creatures

The pecking order in Heaven is serious business
You aren’t mythical.

People who focus on the destination miss out on the journey. I live in the present.

I never claimed to be an expert, RW.

Huston Smith said that we should not expect to understand a religion not our own but if we remember that its adherents are human beings like us with the same frailties and hopes and dreams, that we don’t have to be complete assholes about it.

Of course I am paraphrasing.

Clearly the point of the parable about the 11th hour vineyard workers was lost on you.

Huston Smith said that we should not expect to understand a religion not our own but if we remember that its adherents are human beings like us with the same frailties and hopes and dreams, that we don’t have to be complete assholes about it.

Nonsense

Religion is not like that
It is winners and losers with no in between

Nonsense

Religion is not like that
It is winners and losers with no in between
I wasn’t describing religion. I was describing the potential flaws of people viewing religions that are not their own.

Can you prove that religions are winners and losers with no in between?

No. You can’t. Prove me wrong.

Forum List

Back