Can anyone offer a logical criticism of Glenn Beck?

Been watching his show for about a month when he's on and I must say his information, especially historic analysis and parallels drawn of the past and present, he has a logical and informative show.

On a side note, I am an open independent thinker. I like to look up and verify information presented as much as possible from TV, magazines, newspapers, etc. With that said, thank you for any responses.

Beck's words - unedited: "that video, your hard pressed to see it here in America from media outlets besides FOX...nobody seems willing to show that. leading the question...'why?'"

http://www.examiner.com/x-5738-Political-Buzz-Examiner~y2010m6d4-Video-Jon-Stewart-points-out-Glenn-Becks-distortion-over-Israel-flotilla-raid

Last edited:
can you be more specific? Which part of the video do you have a problem with? Is drawing interesting parallels and letting the audience make up their own mind based on said parallels negative in a way? What are you getting at? You can't just post a link and say, YEP SEE! What exact words do you have a problem with?

people who mistake parallels and/or correlations for cause and effect, have usually been home schooled. have you -- been home schooled?

public grade school, state university. Would you like to answer my question now? What exact comment or assertion or opinion do you find issue with?

Beck's words - unedited: "that video, your hard pressed to see it here in America from media outlets besides FOX...nobody seems willing to show that. leading the question...'why?'"

:eusa_whistle:

Glen Beck in his own words

Last edited:
Been watching his show for about a month when he's on and I must say his information, especially historic analysis and parallels drawn of the past and present, he has a logical and informative show.

On a side note, I am an open independent thinker. I like to look up and verify information presented as much as possible from TV, magazines, newspapers, etc. With that said, thank you for any responses.

...ok? what is the problem? I don't understand what you are getting at.

I've already posted a clip directly from Glennbeck:

YouTube - Glenn Beck analyzes fascist and communist symbolism in artwork at Rockefeller Center

Now let's discuss whether or not Beck is effective and accurate.

I would argue that he is not "effective" or "accurate", but rather is trying to be a shock-jock and make an issue out of absolutely nothing.

That's his M.O.

DISCUSS.

can you be more specific? Which part of the video do you have a problem with? Is drawing interesting parallels and letting the audience make up their own mind based on said parallels negative in a way? What are you getting at? You can't just post a link and say, YEP SEE! What exact words do you have a problem with?

I have problems with the entire thing. Basically, Glennbeck has the ability to draw parallels between ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING and his agenda...and then you have mindless drones who take his word like God.

A perfect example of a Glennbeck drone can be seen here:

Fox's Doocy learns the hazards of not vetting guests | Media Matters for America

Well, I guess they're afraid of the power of our passion and our numbers and, you know, you might not say Communist, but I watch Glenn Beck and he's taught me well. Progressive is the new word for Communist, but it's the same goal as government control of everything and it's very obvious that Obama is trying to do that.

Ok, so you have a problem with the entire thing. one would then expect you to present an alternate view. "I disagree" is NOT an argument.

Context: the context of your arguments and their defense of Beck.

insinuations that Beck's arguments are not being attacked as much as he is. Beck gets attacked personally because of the quote: "that video, your hard pressed to see it here in America from media outlets besides FOX...nobody seems willing to show that. leading the question...'why?'"

it goes to accuracy and credibility -- Becks, and now yours. :eusa_whistle:

he makes the exact same insinuation in each clip individually. Seriously. FAIL.

:rofl:

:rolleyes:

I saw that particular show and I am willing to bet that those clips are taken out of context.

well then stop boring the shit out of me and go dig up the raw footage and post them here. Your assumptions about his context, when we all already KNOW his context, is like water off of a duck's back after I posted the above video.

I have problems with the entire thing. Basically, Glennbeck has the ability to draw parallels between ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING and his agenda...and then you have mindless drones who take his word like God.

Fox's Doocy learns the hazards of not vetting guests | Media Matters for America

Well, I guess they're afraid of the power of our passion and our numbers and, you know, you might not say Communist, but I watch Glenn Beck and he's taught me well. Progressive is the new word for Communist, but it's the same goal as government control of everything and it's very obvious that Obama is trying to do that.

Ok, so you have a problem with the entire thing. one would then expect you to present an alternate view. "I disagree" is NOT an argument.

I already told you what my problem is.

Everything that Glennbeck says and does is food for sheep like Victoria Jackson and others.

That is my problem with it.

If Glennbeck used his chalkboard to prove conclusively that Obama was Satan himself, there would be tens of millions of people who would believe that Obama was LITERALLY Satan.

Glennbeck is a shepherd.

Everything that Glennbeck says and does is food for sheep like Victoria Jackson and others.

If Glennbeck used his chalkboard to prove conclusively that Obama was Satan himself, there would be tens of millions of people who would believe that Obama was LITERALLY Satan.

Glennbeck is a shepherd.

Fallacy: Hasty Generalization

anything else?

Glennbeck is a shepherd.

you mean he's not? :eek:

Victoria Jackson: Beck 'Taught Me Well' | Drudge Retort

Dante, wait a second. Are you implying that "hard pressed" is synonymous with "impossible" ?

Glennbeck is a shepherd.

anything else?

Disagreeing is argument, labeling is not. :lol::lol::lol:

baghed!

you are so stupid.:lol:

Glennbeck is a shepherd.

anything else?

Disagreeing is argument, labeling is not. :lol::lol::lol:

baghed!

you are so stupid.:lol:

Fallacy: Ad Hominem

anything else?

'I've never watched his show, but I did see a piece on the Daily Show last week that showed Beck to be a lying sack of shit.'

Okay....so you've never watched his show....I rest my case.

Dante, wait a second. Are you implying that "hard pressed" is synonymous with "impossible" ?

If you have to ask such a silly question, you must be enamored of Glenn Beck and FOX News.

Fallacy: Straw Man

any libs who don't use fallacies like to say anything?

I'm a lib that had you running for the hills after posting video evidence of his outright lies. Care to cry about the accusation of video editing or would you rather forget how you were schooled earlier today?

Context: the context of your arguments and their defense of Beck.

insinuations that Beck's arguments are not being attacked as much as he is. Beck gets attacked personally because of the quote: "that video, your hard pressed to see it here in America from media outlets besides FOX...nobody seems willing to show that. leading the question...'why?'"

it goes to accuracy and credibility -- Becks, and now yours. :eusa_whistle:

I saw that particular show and I am willing to bet that those clips are taken out of context.

well then stop boring the shit out of me and go dig up the raw footage and post them here. Your assumptions about his context, when we all already KNOW his context, is like water off of a duck's back after I posted the above video.

back on topic...

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
This was a great example of Glennbeck's logic.

YouTube - Glenn Beck analyzes fascist and communist symbolism in artwork at Rockefeller Center

I can't critique it because it makes absolutely no sense...so I just laugh and shake my head.

Didn't they show that on the Daily Show? I swear that is the clip Stewart used when he showed how the Fox symbol is like a Nazi propaganda ad. lol

Something like the title of Chris Matthews upcoming show titled - 'The Rise of the Far Right'? As in Hitler's 'The Rise of the Third Reich'? Idiots!!

If you have to ask such a silly question, you must be enamored of Glenn Beck and FOX News.

I'm a lib that had you running for the hills after posting video evidence of his outright lies. Care to cry about the accusation of video editing or would you rather forget how you were schooled earlier today?

I rendered your so called evidence null and void. Said evidence was edited and taken out of context by a self proclaimed "fake news" and "innacurate" program on a comedy channel. Enough said. You have no argument.

Side note: Beck is on. I'll check this thread later.

I rendered your so called evidence null and void. Said evidence was edited and taken out of context by a self proclaimed "fake news" and "innacurate" program on a comedy channel. Enough said. You have no argument.

Side note: Beck is on. I'll check this thread later.

:rofl:

no, you really didn't. In fact, you responded with some of the lamest shit I've read on here today after not having enough connecting neurons to realize that neither quote was doctored or edited in any way other than being shown back to back.

enjoy knowing that you have sand in your face, kid. Video evidence trumps your cock-gobbling shill routine all day long.

Forum List

Back