Can anyone please explain what the heck Juneteenth holiday is for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General_order_No._3_of_June_19,_1865.jpg

Free at last!
Thank God Almighty we are free at last!

At least as it pertained to slavery.

Didn't fully stop racist Democrats from their evil ways, but this was one of many giant leaps forward.

I only see federal business shut down. Everything else is still open. And, why on a Wednesday? More stupidity.

It is on a specific date, not unlike Christmas. Thus each year it falls on a different day of the week.

How can you be an adult and not understand this?

It is on a specific date, not unlike Christmas. Thus each year it falls on a different day of the week.

How can you be an adult and not understand this?
Then, so does Washington's birthday and Lincoln's birthday. Why did we switch to one day and not on their birthdays? There are others as well. Something that really belongs only in Texas. I'm sure as an adult you can understand. Well, maybe. If you are a Democrat, no.

Do you hate it when they shut down for christmas?
Are you putting them on the same playing field. Blacks already have Martin Luther King Day. He wasn't God. Yet, notice how Blacks today are no longer following a thing King taught. BLM and other teach to judge whites by the color of their skins. So, why have that as a holiday anymore? This Juneteen is a waste of time as it was for something that happened in Texas. So, Texas can take the day off if they want to. Joey Biden just put that in to buy votes. Pathetic.

Okay, I got it. It's something about emancipation in Texas in 1865. So, what other day would Blacks like us to have as a national holiday? You have 2 of them now. We used to have two President days for holidays but now only one. A wasted day. Nonsense.
If so many MAGA Republicans were not such dumbasses they would take the opportunity that Junetenth represents emancipation of blacks led by a Republican President.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back