Can anyone please explain what the heck Juneteenth holiday is for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a foolish statement. If I can't visit my bank or get assistance with mail, then Biden is forcing me to celebrate it. Something I'm not going to have a barbecue for.
Like how people are forced to celebrate Christianity every Sunday when banks are closed and you can’t get help with the mail?

Like how people are forced to celebrate Christianity every Sunday when banks are closed and you can’t get help with the mail?

I don’t think banks are closed on Sunday as a worship thing…it’s just the weekend and banks aren’t open on the weekends.

Juneteenth is a Marxist holiday for dimwits. It’s not even when the “last of the black slaves were freed” in America. It would be another year after “Juneteenth” when the lest of the black slaves were freed by their Indian slave-masters. That doesn’t fit the woke anti-white narrative though…….

“In fact, in 1866, the United States addressed the slavery in Indian Territory issue by entering into new treaties with each of the Civilized Tribes (although the treaty with the Choctaw and the Chickasaw was a joint treaty). Until these treaties, which were signed between March and July and proclaimed in July and August, only the Cherokee had taken steps to abolish slavery. However, in each of the 1866 treaties the tribal signatory acknowledged that slavery would no longer be recognized as a legal institution by the tribe.
If we simply go by the dates on which the Tribes ratified these treaties, slavery in the continental United States came to an end as a legal institution on June 14, 1866, when the Creek Tribe agreed to abandon African-American slavery. The was, somewhat ironically, the day after Congress approved the Fourteenth Amendment.”

When Did Slavery Really End in the United States? – Marquette University Law School Faculty Blog

I don’t think banks are closed on Sunday as a worship thing…it’s just the weekend and banks aren’t open on the weekends.
Many are open Saturday along with the post office so that blows your weekend excuse out of the water. Are you unfamiliar with Blue Laws and how he restrictions government imposed for religious reasons? What’s the next excuse you want to try.

What is this Juneteenth holiday that shuts down banks and post offices? Another day wasted?
Its where we celebrate that every Southern state outside of Florida and Texas is an economic and educational shit hole.

What a foolish statement. If I can't visit my bank or get assistance with mail, then Biden is forcing me to celebrate it. Something I'm not going to have a barbecue for.
And by that logic, President Ronald Reagan forced you to celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day too.

Boo-hoo, I couldn't go to the bank or the post office today either. Big whoop.
Get riled up over something more egregious.

Why don't they just say, "June Nineteenth"?

Is it too difficult to say?
Like saying "do not" instead of "don't"? ;)

Anyhoo, it's also been called things like "Freedom Day," "Liberation Day," and "Jubilee Day."

We ended up with "Juneteenth". It is what it is.

We could call "Christmas" the "Mass of Christ." Again, it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back