Can anyone please explain what the heck Juneteenth holiday is for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The original claim was if the poster couldn’t get help with their mail or go to the bank they were being forced into celebrating. For many today is not a paid holiday either
Anyone in the federal government and any state that recognizes federal holidays is paid. This is a day that was unique to TX---no place else in the US. It is a pandering holiday, nothing more. It is no less divisive than the reason claimed for tearing down confederate statues--they also were part of our history.

Anyone in the federal government and any state that recognizes federal holidays is paid. This is a day that was unique to TX---no place else in the US. It is a pandering holiday, nothing more. It is no less divisive than the reason claimed for tearing down confederate statues--they also were part of our history.
If today offends you then you need to work on yourself because you’re broken

And here is the annual white stupidity.

If today offends you then you need to work on yourself because you’re broken
June Nineteenth has never offended me. Black fragility and perpetual faux victimhood offends me especially when idiocy takes over. As I stated earlier in this thread, if the emancipation of slaves was truly the reason for this holiday, why didn't they choose the end of the civil war as "Emancipation Day" That is when slavery was ended in the US--not months later when the word FINALLY got to TX.

View attachment 964749

Free at last!
Thank God Almighty we are free at last!

At least as it pertained to slavery.

Didn't fully stop racist Democrats from their evil ways, but this was one of many giant leaps forward.
Republicans authored an amendment making slavery a constitutionally protected activity. The Republican party is the party of the Corwin Amendment that would have made slavery constitutional.

A Republican president, with the support of the Republican Party, ended reconstruction. The Republican Party is the party of the 1877 Compromise that ended reconstruction and paved the way for Jim Crow.

Once blacks got a foothold in the Republican party and gained some semblance of political equality, white Republicans took steps to purge blacks from leadership positions. The Republican Party is the party of the Lily White movement, a group of Republicans that worked to purge blacks from the party.

Republicans consistently broke promises or ignored issues that affected black people. When blacks got Civil Rights, the Republican Party did not believe that was civil or right and decided that extremism in defense of liberty was no vice. In 1964 the Republican Party turned its back on blacks after nearly 100 years of black support.

Today’s Republican Party is controlled by a racist Anti-Black base.

June Nineteenth has never offended me. Black fragility and perpetual faux victimhood offends me especially when idiocy takes over. As I stated earlier in this thread, if the emancipation of slaves was truly the reason for this holiday, why didn't they choose the end of the civil war as "Emancipation Day" That is when slavery was ended in the US--not months later when the word FINALLY got to TX.
Your words and actions don’t match.

Many are open Saturday along with the post office so that blows your weekend excuse out of the water. Are you unfamiliar with Blue Laws and how he restrictions government imposed for religious reasons? What’s the next excuse you want to try.

Blue laws are mostly relegated to alcohol sales on Sundays, i don’t think any of the states that still have blue laws are related to the banking industry.

You are correct, banks are open on Saturday, so that does blow my weekend theory out of the water…sort of…

You see, while I fully recognize that banks may shut down on Sundays to allow their employees to worship..there is also an argument that the bank may want to shut down one day a week, just to let everyone rest…and Sunday just happens to be the best day since being closed on a …Wednesday, for example, would be a bad idea.

Also, it has to do with the stock market and other major financial institutions being closed on Sundays.

Banks are typically closed on Sunday because the financial system—including the stock market and the Federal Reserve’s settlement system for processing ACH payments—is closed for business on the weekends. But in recent years, it’s become more common for banks to be open on weekends.

So, it could be that banks need to close 1 day to settle their books…and Sunday happens to be that day?

Just a theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back