Can anyone please explain what the heck Juneteenth holiday is for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
June Nineteenth has never offended me. Black fragility and perpetual faux victimhood offends me especially when idiocy takes over. As I stated earlier in this thread, if the emancipation of slaves was truly the reason for this holiday, why didn't they choose the end of the civil war as "Emancipation Day" That is when slavery was ended in the US--not months later when the word FINALLY got to TX.
There is no black fragility. We aren't scared to discuss race even when it makes us feel unfortable and don't need to discuss the issue in ways that make us feel good about ourselves. The only faux victimhood comes from right wing whites whining about anti white discrimination. The Colonies were not freed from England on July 4th, 1776. The Revolutionary War ended on September 3, 1783 with the Treaty of Paris, yet those like you have continued celebrating on July 4th and have not asked the same questions nor have you tried presenting the same objection. No excuses. Here again foks, we see another example of white racism.

Blue laws are mostly relegated to alcohol sales on Sundays, i don’t think any of the states that still have blue laws are related to the banking industry.

You are correct, banks are open on Saturday, so that does blow my weekend theory out of the water…sort of…

You see, while I fully recognize that banks may shut down on Sundays to allow their employees to worship..there is also an argument that the bank may want to shut down one day a week, just to let everyone rest…and Sunday just happens to be the best day since being closed on a …Wednesday, for example, would be a bad idea.

Also, it has to do with the stock market and other major financial institutions being closed on Sundays.

So, it could be that banks need to close 1 day to settle their books…and Sunday happens to be that day?

Just a theory.
Your theory doesn’t hold water as the reason all those businesses are closed goes back to being shot down Sundays for religious services. You tossed out a theory but it just doesn’t hold up. You need a different one to try and push

Can anyone please explain what the heck Juneteenth holiday is for?​

Certainly, Juneteenth is for democrats to virtue signal and pander for votes.
More white stupidity.

What is this Juneteenth holiday that shuts down banks and post offices? Another day wasted?
Don't worry your little head about it. Juneteenth is damn near over anyway, and you won't be burdened by it till next year. By that time, you can ask your 5th grade teacher what it is all about.

• Brilliant
Reactions: IM2
Your theory doesn’t hold water as the reason all those businesses are closed goes back to being shot down Sundays for religious services. You tossed out a theory but it just doesn’t hold up. You need a different one to try and push

We were taking about banks…..not “ all those other businesses”…banks..

I gave you some alternative explanations, take them or leave them, I care not

I'm wondering what the body count among the 12% will be this festive holiday....Already a body count in TX.

Two people were killed, and 14 others were wounded at about 10:50 p.m. Saturday in Round Rock, police said. A search is on for a man described as a Black male with a thin build, approximately 5 feet, 7 inches tall with short dreadlocks. He was wearing a white hoodie at the time of the incident.

The suspect is 19 to 20 years old and should be considered armed and dangerous, local FOX 7 Austin reports.

1718841420727.png

~S~

We were taking about banks…..not “ all those other businesses”…banks..

I gave you some alternative explanations, take them or leave them, I care not
You tried to make up excuses so you did not look so foolish and it failed. at least be honest to yourself if you can’t be honest with anyone else

And by that logic, President Ronald Reagan forced you to celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day too.

Boo-hoo, I couldn't go to the bank or the post office today either. Big whoop.
Get riled up over something more egregious.
I can understand Martin Luther King Day. I have no problem with it. Juneteen or whatever is a Texas thing.

Republicans authored an amendment making slavery a constitutionally protected activity. The Republican party is the party of the Corwin Amendment that would have made slavery constitutional.

A Republican president, with the support of the Republican Party, ended reconstruction. The Republican Party is the party of the 1877 Compromise that ended reconstruction and paved the way for Jim Crow.

Once blacks got a foothold in the Republican party and gained some semblance of political equality, white Republicans took steps to purge blacks from leadership positions. The Republican Party is the party of the Lily White movement, a group of Republicans that worked to purge blacks from the party.

Republicans consistently broke promises or ignored issues that affected black people. When blacks got Civil Rights, the Republican Party did not believe that was civil or right and decided that extremism in defense of liberty was no vice. In 1964 the Republican Party turned its back on blacks after nearly 100 years of black support.

Today’s Republican Party is controlled by a racist Anti-Black base.

Todays Republican party honors and defends the memory of the confederacy that fought to keep slavery.

Nah...It's a Texas thing. They can have a state holiday without disrupting the entire nation.
Nah, it's a national thing. You don't have to like it or ceebrate it. According to your racist logic, July 4th is not a national holiday, it's only a day for the 13 original colonies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back