Can Atheists be Moral?

How would atheists know if they were moral? :eusa_think:

Good one MM

Which brings us to >>>>

177.jpg

~S~

Actually I am asking clarifying questions that are intended to bring out the incongruity of her beliefs.

She transposed OT events onto the NT and ignored the Jew’s culpability in her beliefs.

My bad then Ding.....so yet another example of biblical chery picking marches on....

I on the other hand see religion as a good thing and read these passages and subsequent acts of religious persons in the context of the day

I find no matter what time period, the terrestial manifestations of celestial doctrine are always biased , because terrestial existence in and of itself inherently is self serving

~S~

Actually I am asking clarifying questions that are intended to bring out the incongruity of her beliefs.

She transposed OT events onto the NT and ignored the Jew’s culpability in her beliefs.

My bad then Ding.....so yet another example of biblical chery picking marches on....

I on the other hand see religion as a good thing and read these passages and subsequent acts of religious persons in the context of the day

I find no matter what time period, the terrestial manifestations of celestial doctrine are always biased , because terrestial existence in and of itself inherently is self serving

~S~
Not everyone cherry picks.

The OT actually does a pretty good job of not being biased. It tells the good and the bad.

Many theists believe it is clear-cut. Humans can only have opinions about morality, and no one’s opinion is any more valid than anyone else’s. This leads them to the conclusion that an objective source of morality must stand apart from, and above, humans. That source, they say, is God. Since atheists, reject God, atheists can have no basis for morality.

This is really two separate arguments: (1) that God is the source of objective morality and humans can learn morality from God and (2) that humans on their own have no way to know what is moral and what is not.

Can atheists be moral? - Atheist Alliance International
No. Because if one is a true atheist why not be like Fidel or Saddam and " all for me- it" ?. The agnostic is one who is afraid because he's unsure. The what if it's true ? " factor comes into play. Often good people. Just havent read or prayed enough to get it.Many do when confronted with death.
These will be the most heard words on earth when Yeshua returns. " OH SHIT IT IS TRUE"
He doesn’t return to Earth, he doesn’t alit he sets on the clouds and looks down.

Many theists believe it is clear-cut. Humans can only have opinions about morality, and no one’s opinion is any more valid than anyone else’s. This leads them to the conclusion that an objective source of morality must stand apart from, and above, humans. That source, they say, is God. Since atheists, reject God, atheists can have no basis for morality.

This is really two separate arguments: (1) that God is the source of objective morality and humans can learn morality from God and (2) that humans on their own have no way to know what is moral and what is not.

No. Because if one is a true atheist why not be like Fidel or Saddam and " all for me- it" ?. The agnostic is one who is afraid because he's unsure. The what if it's true ? " factor comes into play. Often good people. Just havent read or prayed enough to get it.Many do when confronted with death.
These will be the most heard words on earth when Yeshua returns. " OH SHIT IT IS TRUE"

You have defined one of the motivators used by religions to cohere large groups of people: fear. Making up angry, supernatural entities to explain things that were not fully understood defines most every religion ever invented.

What is an effective way to get someone to believe as you wish for them to? FEAR. Scare the hell out of him. Tell the people that non-believers (or believers in competing religions) they are on a paved road to hell...., tell people that leaving the faith will cause god(s) to abandon them (and back up those threats with religious Mafioso enforcers), and you will deter them (for a time) until they LEARN better.

god has broken every commandment, which God the one that is Jesuse’s Dad. You Christians an your multigod religion.

He doesn’t return to Earth, he doesn’t alit he sets on the clouds and looks down.

I heard that he will return like a thief in the night and while everyone is sleeping he will enter the fortress of the enemy by stealth, throw the devil a beating while he's in his footie pajamas, bind him hand and foot, ransack his house, and make a clean getaway with all of his possessions before the sun comes up.

Last edited:

I heard that he will return like a thief in the night and while everyone is sleeping he will enter the fortress of the enemy by stealth, throw the devil a beating while he's in his footie pajamas, bind him hand and foot, ransack his house, and make a clean getaway with all of his possessions before the sun comes up.

aaAAAAaaaand.... the chosen assend...

Screen-Shot-2016-06-30-at-3.48.36-PM.png

Maybe so. I heard that at the resurrection, when Jesus emerges from behind the clouds that have obscured him from sight, the dead in Christ will be the first to rise. Giddy up!

Or maybe that's just some ignorant ancient superstitious goat herder fantasy...

Time will tell.

Last edited:

Maybe so. I heard that at the resurrection, when Jesus emerges from behind the clouds that have obscured him from sight, the dead in Christ will be the first to rise. Giddy up!

Time will tell.
I see you actually read the Bible..

Yeah God has been saving the devil just for this action....Will popcorn be served?

Yeah God has been saving the devil just for this action....Will popcorn be served?

lol... I'm not sure about popcorn, definitely no fish sandwiches.. Maybe a barbecued pork roast? Jabberwocky stew? Badger snouts? Wolf nipple chips? Who can say?

Just be ready to have a belly laugh that will carry you through the rest of your days.

Last edited:

Time will tell.
I see you actually read the Bible..
Yeah, I don't like overcooked vegetables very much, and reading something that everyone is arguing about is such a bore, but I ate it anyway.

Forum List

Back