Can Atheists be Moral?

Yes. You are. Your misery shines through in every hateful post you make.

Misery? lol... I'm having the time of my life...aren't you having any fun? thats a shame.

Thanks for playing along.. lol
Your behaviors say otherwise.

Taking your misery out on others is an extremely poor substitute for sharing your experiences with God.

There’s a reason you keep experiencing the same misery. You keep doing the same thing.

I'm not taking out any misery out on others. And I have been sharing what I have seen in the presence of God.

I have exposed you as a liar worthy of the condemnation (as expressed in the fairy tale by God in Genesis 3:14) for misleading the gullible into setting aside divine instruction which results in separation from God, expulsion from paradise, death, and hades.. That is the right thing to do. It makes Jesus happy and all the angels sing.

Why would I feel bad? I am immune to your poison. You are the one who has been discomfited.
You are lying. You don’t believe God exists so you can’t believe God shares in your experiences.

Everything about you is a lie.

You can’t sing the praises of God.

It drives you crazy when other people sing the praises of God.

You only have one objective here; to discourage people from sharing their experiences with God.

If I am discouraging you from lying in the name of God, desecrating the teachings of Jesus, and consigning yourself to destruction, isn't that a good thing?

I am doing you a favor. You can thank me some other time..
I thank you for providing a contrast to everything which is good and just.

I thank you for proving my point that you do not believe God created the material world so that he can share in our experiences.

I thank you for proving my point that you do not sing the praises of God and are driven crazy by people who do.

I thank you for providing an example of what misery looks like.

No wonder that people who don’t believe in God don’t experience the joy from sharing their experiences with God.

They have no joy to share.

I guess that’s why they hate other people that do.
Your god causes you to bicker with people on the internet to an overtly obsessive degree. I think that sums up your joy.

No wonder that people who don’t believe in God don’t experience the joy from sharing their experiences with God.

MOST non-religious do NOT "hate people" who believe in god.

We merely wish to deny those people their attempts to FORCE THEIR RELIGIOUS BELIEFS on everyone else; in schools or in laws
No one is forcing anything upon you. Tell me how they are forcing you?

We merely wish to deny those people their attempts to FORCE THEIR RELIGIOUS BELIEFS on everyone else; in schools or in laws
Exactly. Their openly expressed delusions, irrational beliefs, and crippling thought disorders should disqualify them from any position of authority that requires sober, rational, intelligent thought or the public trust.

Can you imagine how fucked up this country and the world would be if these nut jobs usurped positions of authority in government, took control of national policy, enacting laws, the justice system, and deciding whether or not to go to war?

Uh oh,,, never mind. I just read the news....

Your god causes you to bicker with people on the internet to an overtly obsessive degree. I think that sums up your joy.
No. We do that to ourselves. God’s not pulling any strings although the deck is stacked against us per se in that our behaviors have consequences.

No. We do that to ourselves. God’s not pulling any strings although the deck is stacked against us per se in that our behaviors have consequences.
Salami and bacon amen

Exactly. Their openly expressed delusions, irrational beliefs, and crippling thought disorders should disqualify them from any position of authority that requires sober, rational, intelligent thought or the public trust.

Can you imagine how fucked up this country and the world would be if they were in control of national policy, enacting laws, the justice system, or deciding whether or not to go to war?

Irrational beliefs like God created the material world so that he can share in our experiences?

Salami and bacon amen
Exactly. :wink:

At any point in our lives we are the sum of our choices.

Can you imagine how fucked up this country and the world would be if these nut jobs usurped control of national policy, enacting laws, the justice system, or deciding whether or not to go to war?

But only a-rational or irrational folks need any bibles, anecdotes or allegories to realize or understand archetypes.

Can you imagine how fucked up this country and the world would be if these nut jobs usurped control of national policy, enacting laws, the justice system, or deciding whether or not to go to war?

But only a-rational or irrational folks need any bibles, anecdotes or allegories to realize or understand archetypes.
How so?

Can you imagine how fucked up this country and the world would be if they were in control of national policy, enacting laws, the justice system, or deciding whether or not to go to war?

Irrational beliefs like God created the material world so that he can share in our experiences?
Yeah, thats quite irrational. A person doesn't write a book to educate himself dummy. Human beings are invited to experience life in the realm of God. Its not the other way around.

Only a condemned spirit in the realm of the dead would seek experiences through those living on earth.

The devil has tricked you into worshipping him..

But if it makes you so happy just go ahead and gibber your life away..

How so?
I was talking to someone else with that post, Ding. Since you asked nicely, rationality, cause and effect are all thats needed to understand these things.

Perhaps in the Ancient days, passing on the experience-learned wisdom through dumbed down allegory was necessary to strike a cord and infect change.

Today, its completely unnecessary except that it serves the folks' egos who need to lean on the dusty propoganda aspects of it.

Being rational means taking no position on the unproven.

How would atheists know if they were moral? :eusa_think:
Compassion

How do you know compassion is moral? This is really simple stuff here.
Its simple to know compassion is moral because our moral progress and intuition tells us so, but for folks who need a crutch of understanding - our reasoning tells us its moral because a community without compassion would have greater communal suffering.

Its basic survival instincts paired with a logical dissection of cause and effect.

People teach their children about the big bad wolf.whats wrong with that?

The problem is that they read about a talking serpent over and over again yet for some mysterious reason they still do not understand this human archetype.

Its probably because they are it..

They read about a talking serpent over and over again yet they still do not understand this human archetype. Its probably because they are it..
I doubt that they dont understand human archetypes simply because they miss a metaphor in a book, that doesnt rationally follow and if it did, try putting it in a valid syllogism.

They read about a talking serpent over and over again yet they still do not understand this human archetype. Its probably because they are it..
I doubt that they dont understand human archetypes simply because they miss a metaphor in a book, that doesnt rationally follow and if it did, try putting it in a valid syllogism.

Ok... let me put it this way. Any person over the age of 18 has probably heard what religious folks have been saying more times than they can stomach. Anyone any older has definitely heard it all before so I don't need to get into any of that.

Every professed believer of any of the three so called abrahamic religions do not think that the talking serpent is a human archetype at all.

They teach that the talking serpent in the fairy tale is an invisible disembodied entity in real life that enters the soul to make people do naughty things.

If they understood human archetypes and basic literary teaching methods they wouldn't be saying any of that.

Compassion

Its simple to know compassion is moral because our moral progress and intuition tells us so, but for folks who need a crutch of understanding - our reasoning tells us its moral because a community without compassion would have greater communal suffering.

Its basic survival instincts paired with a logical dissection of cause and effect.

Where does that come from?

Atheism: The religion of Isssss Notttttt! :funnyface:

Ok... let me put it this way. Any person over the age of 18 has probably heard what religious folks have been saying more times than they can stomach. Anyone any older has definitely heard it all before so I don't need to get into any of that.

Every professed believer of any of the three so called abrahamic religions do not think that the talking serpent is a human archetype at all.

They teach that the talking serpent in the fairy tale is an invisible disembodied entity in real life that enters the soul to make people do naughty things.

If they understood human archetypes and basic literary teaching methods they wouldn't be saying any of that.
That doesnt follow.

1 can understand an archetype through experience and rationality alone, and thats evident. Therefore, it doesnt hinge on whether they can spot it as a metaphorical allegory, in a book. Thats a pretty simple ipso facto deduction.

Compassion

Where does that come from?

Atheism: The religion of Isssss Notttttt! :funnyface:
Where does what come from....

I just explained why compassion makes sense as part of our moral ethos through the instinct of survival and the attribute of reasoning.

Forum List

Back