Can Atheists be Moral?

Since you speak opposit-ism, I must be a genius. The magnetic field is caused by plate tectonics which was explained by creation scientist, Alfred Wegener.
Why are forcing your religious superstitions on others?
Can Theists Be Moral?

That's a great question. I think that the angry, bible thumping, ignorance-is-a-virtue, examples of Christian fundamentalists in these threads reflect negatively on Christians and religious folks. I do have friends who hold religious beliefs but neved use those beliefs like a bloody truncheon to convert others.

I think it's important we understand that human knowledge is still paltry and unsure, especially when compared to the vast spans of energy, matter, and time that encompass us. We have made some astounding discoveries and gained some amazing insights into the fundamental workings of nature, but there is much left to be discovered.

Knowledge and reason will open those doors to understanding, not cowering before angry gods, subjet to superstitious beliefs.

I think it's important we understand that human knowledge is still paltry and unsure, especially when compared to the vast spans of energy, matter, and time that encompass us. We have made some astounding discoveries and gained some amazing insights into the fundamental workings of nature, but there is much left to be discovered.

Like most geniuses, Dollard is quite the eccentric, but also easily remains the most educated person in the world regarding the now extinct science of electricity. Without the Aether there could be no movement of electricity. That should be obvious yet we've been brainwashed into somehow believing otherwise. Dielectricity and magnetism seem abstract as well, but it's all really much simpler than the crap we've been led to believe for far too long.

Last edited:
The magnetic field is caused by plate tectonics which was explained by creation scientist, Alfred Wegener.
Thanks. Hilarious!

MagnetEZ.jpg

Hmm, "caused by plate tectonics"?

:abgg2q.jpg: You can't tell the difference between a magnet and magnetic field. What else are you missing besides that hole in your head?

Like most geniuses, Dollard is quite the eccentric, but also easily remains the most educated person in the world regarding the now extinct science of electricity. Without the Aether there could be no movement of electricity. That should be obvious yet we've been brainwashed into somehow believing otherwise. Dielectricity and magnetism seem abstract as well, but it's all really much simpler than the crap we've been led to believe for far too long.

Can you explain dielectricity and magnetism? I remember this scene.

And why does Dollard think conservation of energy is false.

And you want Hollie to comment on this.

The magnetic field is caused by plate tectonics which was explained by creation scientist, Alfred Wegener.
Thanks. Hilarious!

MagnetEZ.jpg

Hmm, "caused by plate tectonics"?

:abgg2q.jpg: You can't tell the difference between a magnet and magnetic field. What else are you missing besides that hole in your head?
Why do you think that iron bar is hanging onto that horseshoe magnet? Invisible glue? Smoke and mirrors? Jeebus?

No, not to you. Not even to my own satisfaction yet. When asked something like that Dollard generally responds with a recommendation of ten years reading and self-deprogramming to start. Then he rattles off a bunch of essential authors and titles. I'm too old and busy to do all that but I've read and seen plenty enough to convince me he's been right all along. I'd read his books first if you really want to know. Plenty of his stuff available for free online as well.
For starters... by definition, the first and second laws of thermodynamics only hold in "closed systems." Unfortunately, there's no such thing. All real systems leak. All are thus "open."
Brrrp.. no such thing!
Because of the requirement of enclosure, and the near ubiquity of gravity, strictly and ideally isolated systems do not actually occur in experiments or in nature. Though very useful, they are strictly hypothetical.[1][2][3]

Classical thermodynamics is usually presented as postulating the existence of isolated systems. It is also usually presented as the fruit of experience. Obviously, no experience has been reported of an ideally isolated system.
Of course the Aether is left unconsidered as well.

Last edited:

And you want Hollie to comment on this.

Your babbling about the second law of thermodynamics is classic ID'iot creationist babbling about what they don't understand.

You will find a lenghty discussion here:
The Second Law of Thermodynamics, Evolution, and Probability

Dont be an accomplice to the fear and ignorance furthered by the ID'iot creation ministries.

Atheists are the finest people on earth

They rescue cats from trees and help old ladies across the street

Many theists believe it is clear-cut. Humans can only have opinions about morality, and no one’s opinion is any more valid than anyone else’s. This leads them to the conclusion that an objective source of morality must stand apart from, and above, humans. That source, they say, is God. Since atheists, reject God, atheists can have no basis for morality.

This is really two separate arguments: (1) that God is the source of objective morality and humans can learn morality from God and (2) that humans on their own have no way to know what is moral and what is not.
How can this God be moral when the past history of this God has God performing immoral acts and breaking his/her own rules, it's bullshit.
Give one example where God did any of that.

Many theists believe it is clear-cut. Humans can only have opinions about morality, and no one’s opinion is any more valid than anyone else’s. This leads them to the conclusion that an objective source of morality must stand apart from, and above, humans. That source, they say, is God. Since atheists, reject God, atheists can have no basis for morality.

This is really two separate arguments: (1) that God is the source of objective morality and humans can learn morality from God and (2) that humans on their own have no way to know what is moral and what is not.
How can this God be moral when the past history of this God has God performing immoral acts and breaking his/her own rules, it's bullshit.
Herem or cherem known as God's Law.

Herem or cherem known as God's Law.
I said to give me an example. Which passage of Scripture mentions it?

And they kill their own babies.
Far fewer than theists do.
Many abortion patients reported a religious affiliation—24% were Catholic, 17% were mainline Protestant, 13% were evangelical Protestant and 8% identified with some other religion. Thirty-eight percent of patients had no religious affiliation.

Still waiting for an example of how God violated this.
Provided example from the Book of Joshua:
And Israel vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou wilt indeed deliver this people into my hand, then I will utterly destroy their cities.
Supposedly "the LORD" did, so was equally responsible. So much for Thou shalt not kill. Love thy neighbor. Blaa, blaa, blaa..

Last edited:

And they kill their own babies.
Far fewer than theists do.
24% were Catholic, 17% were mainline Protestant, 13% were evangelical Protestant and 8% identified with some other religion. Thirty-eight percent of patients had no religious affiliation.
a Christian would never have an abortion unless, perhaps, it would have severe genetic issues or the life of the mother was threatened. Just because someone claims to be a Christian does not make them one. A Christian obeys God. God says abortion is murder. Therefore, someone who has an abortion is probably not a Christian. Tbeer are countless false Christians out there.
THEY are the ones having the abortions.

Forum List

Back