Can Atheists be Moral?

The bigger question is "can religious folks, like child-molesting Catholics, be moral?"
Isn't the bigger question, "Can anyone, like child molesters, be moral? Or, is the assertion, "Child molesters can be moral except child molesters who are Catholic"? Which then begs the question, Can Catholics be moral?

Looks to me like it begs the question, "wassup with all the Composition Fallacies?".

how about this, can women who act like "bitches" instead of being "sugar and spice and everything nice" be Good and not Bad.
Sure, as long it keeps you from feeling entitled to a happy ending.
women who do me the most must love me the most.

Sure. Either that or you exposed an easy way to put a ring in your nose. Either way why are you complaining about massage parlors Romeo?

Some once told me that you don't pay them to love you.
not sure how you reached that conclusion.

it is about women being willing to talk and be Bad, but not make appointments for full body massage for one to three hours at a time, to help a guy be Good.
Sheesh. help a guy be good? OK.

May I offer you a vat of vaseline, a naked picture of Jesus on the cross, :boobies: and a moist towelette?
in modern times, nice girl friends do help their friends get really really good.

how about this, can women who act like "bitches" instead of being "sugar and spice and everything nice" be Good and not Bad.

Is there ever an ending?

Only 'onwards'.
the Pursuit of Happiness?

That's what Americans do.
a happy ending is not helpful?

I queried is there such a thing as an 'ending'?

women who do me the most must love me the most.

Sure. Either that or you exposed an easy way to put a ring in your nose. Either way why are you complaining about massage parlors Romeo?

Some once told me that you don't pay them to love you.
not sure how you reached that conclusion.

it is about women being willing to talk and be Bad, but not make appointments for full body massage for one to three hours at a time, to help a guy be Good.
Sheesh. help a guy be good? OK.

May I offer you a vat of vaseline, a naked picture of Jesus on the cross, :boobies: and a moist towelette?
in modern times, nice girl friends do help their friends get really really good.

Many theists believe it is clear-cut. Humans can only have opinions about morality, and no one’s opinion is any more valid than anyone else’s. This leads them to the conclusion that an objective source of morality must stand apart from, and above, humans. That source, they say, is God. Since atheists, reject God, atheists can have no basis for morality.

This is really two separate arguments: (1) that God is the source of objective morality and humans can learn morality from God and (2) that humans on their own have no way to know what is moral and what is not.

Can atheists be moral? - Atheist Alliance International
Morals are very personal. I am an atheist, have never been religious, and I have my own very strong set of morals.
However, in my experience, I've noticed that a huge proportion of people, many in this very forum, who are disillusioned Christians, rather than atheists from birth such as my siblings and myself, do not seem to have any morals whatsoever. Because their original morals taught to them as children by their family were based squarely on their religion, when they lose their religious faith, their morals tend to go out the window with it.

They end up being extraordinarily immoral piece of shit motherfuckers when they get older.

AKA Democrats.
We are good people. What examples can you give that illustrate how you’re a more moral atheist than us. I can’t wait to hear this spin
What about that whole being a Democrat thing? Forget that little bitty error, did you? Everyone on this forum knows that you are obviously a Democrat! How do you expect to explain that away?

Being a Democrat is some very evil shit! Dude. In other words, very immoral shit.
How so?

Many theists believe it is clear-cut. Humans can only have opinions about morality, and no one’s opinion is any more valid than anyone else’s. This leads them to the conclusion that an objective source of morality must stand apart from, and above, humans. That source, they say, is God. Since atheists, reject God, atheists can have no basis for morality.

This is really two separate arguments: (1) that God is the source of objective morality and humans can learn morality from God and (2) that humans on their own have no way to know what is moral and what is not.

Morals are very personal. I am an atheist, have never been religious, and I have my own very strong set of morals.
However, in my experience, I've noticed that a huge proportion of people, many in this very forum, who are disillusioned Christians, rather than atheists from birth such as my siblings and myself, do not seem to have any morals whatsoever. Because their original morals taught to them as children by their family were based squarely on their religion, when they lose their religious faith, their morals tend to go out the window with it.

They end up being extraordinarily immoral piece of shit motherfuckers when they get older.

AKA Democrats.
We are good people. What examples can you give that illustrate how you’re a more moral atheist than us. I can’t wait to hear this spin
What about that whole being a Democrat thing? Forget that little bitty error, did you? Everyone on this forum knows that you are obviously a Democrat! How do you expect to explain that away?

Being a Democrat is some very evil shit! Dude. In other words, very immoral shit.

They were nice, once upon a time.
So were the Jews, right before God stopped the human sacrifice punking of Abraham..
Mindful the moral wants to round up us democrats and put us in camps

AKA Democrats.

says the nazi who enjoys putting children in cages.

AKA Democrats.

So were the Jews, right before God stopped the human sacrifice punking of Abraham..
They have tried to do it to me for years...

AKA Democrats.

She has been largely brainwashed by Trump fandom.

AKA Democrats.

I actually prefer liberals over libertarians. Libertarians are amoral. At least Democrats believe they are moral even though they are diametrically opposed to what is good and just.

I actually prefer liberals over libertarians. Libertarians are amoral. At least Democrats believe they are moral even though they are diametrically opposed to what is good and just.

Had to inform myself on that one.

'amoral/ immoral. Both have to do with right and wrong, but amoral means having no sense of either, like a fish, but the evil immoral describes someone who knows the difference, doesn't care, and says "mwah ha ha" while twirling a mustache. If you call someone immoral, you are saying that person knows better.'

Vocabulary.com

'amoral/ immoral. Both have to do with right and wrong, but amoral means having no sense of either, like a fish, but the evil immoral describes someone who knows the difference, doesn't care, and says "mwah ha ha" while twirling a mustache. If you call someone immoral, you are saying that person knows better.'

Vocabulary.com
Yes, unless they have rationalized wrong as right. And in that case they still believe in right and wrong whereas an amoral person doesn’t.

Vocabulary.com

If Moses, who should have known better, told you to turn to a statue of a bronze serpent for healing are they immoral, insane, or just testing you?

If someone, who should know better, told you that God became a human being are they immoral, insane, or do they really just want to save your soul?

Vocabulary.com

If Moses, who should have known better, told you to turn to a statue of a bronze serpent for healing are they immoral, insane, or just testing you?

No. You are just testing me.

Vocabulary.com
Yes, unless they have rationalized wrong as right. And in that case they still believe in right and wrong whereas an amoral person doesn’t.

Are cats amoral? I love than for it.

Vocabulary.com

No. You are just testing me.

You should know better.

Forum List

Back