Can Gun Nuts Please Stop Saying You Need Guns to Protect Yourself From A Potential Tyrannical Government!!!

Sure they can. I know of no court case where an individual was denied gun ownership based on his reasons for buying one.
Sure, it happens all the time. They can’t pass a background check. They can’t buy one from an FFL dealer regardless of their reasons for wanting one. Now, that’s where you gun a holics step in…..and sell or gift them one privately.

The argument that civilians with AR15s cannot defeat a coherent modern military is obviously correct. The assumptions of the Founders with respect to the motivation of the 2A --that the people should be as well-armed as the government -- is no longer possible.

However, the assumption that we will always have a 'coherent' military, given what direction the US is moving in, is far from obvious.

So long as the national government is perceived as legitimate by the majority of Americans, we can probably assume the military will remain disciplined and obedient to its orders. Patriots should understand this, so that we don't have any repeat of the 6 January fiasco, which was a huge gift to the Left. Should, however, that cease to be the case, then all bets are off.

How might it cease to be the case? Well, the future is not predictable, but the US is going to undergo an increasing number of unprecedented stresses, both internal and external. Trotsky noted that "the wires of democracy cannot bear too high a social voltage" ... and the "social voltage" is going to continue to increase.

I won't go into what these voltage-increasing social stresses are, but those who are interested should read N. Roubelli's Megathreats.
[I can't post a link to the Amazon page for this book but it's easily found.]

I'll balance the quote from the Marxist Trotsky, with another equally-wise one from the old conservative Bismarck: "All the great issues of mankind are settled, not by parliamentary majorities, but by blood and iron."

Last edited:
If you read the things the Founders wrote about the Second Amendment, there is no doubt that they were referring to individuals and their rights. You don't need to say that "the government has the right to arm itself". The Founders came out of the English Whig tradition, very suspicious of a central government's standing armies.

In any case, what the Founders thought 250 years ago is of only minor interest now, in the very different circumstances in which we find ourselves.

Put it this way: if we discovered something that showed that the Founders were definitely against the idea of individuals having the right to own firearms -- that they were only stating the importance of having a strong, well-armed government force -- would that change the views of any pro-gun people? Or if we found that they definitely believed that individuals must be as well-armed as the government -- would that change the views of the anti-gun people?

Of course not. We have to argue these things on their merits.

Fear mongering. Governors have a greater opportunity to use military force by activating guard units then the president does For domestic purposes.

The orders given by the president stupid, have nothing to do with his personal strike force…... . He has none .
The US military can always prevail of the forces commanded by any governor, moron.

Boy, you have a reading comp problem.
Since when has FULL AUTO been misconstrued as an automobile in a firearm discussion. You’re crazy
When people mean "machine gun," the usually say "machine gun," dumbass. They don't say "full auto." The should we regulate semi-automatic firearms the same as machine guns? In my opinion, the later should be regulated either.

The should we regulate semi-automatic firearms the same as machine guns? In my opinion, the later should be regulated either.
Could you correct this statement like I did mine to make it a tad more understandable ?

That’s wrong. Simply wanting one is NOT SUPPORTED BY THE CONSTITUTION. The 2@ refers to the rights of the PEOPLE, not persons. We the people have a right to arm ourselves with nukes and another arm we deem necessary. That doesn’t mean any person can arm themselves with any arm, anywhere. I’m backed up by every decision by the SC regarding firearms and their regulations. Only qualified PERSONS can be armed….read Heller. It SUPPORTS REGULATION and no, anyone can’t possess a firearm simply because they want one.
There are no reasons put forth in the Constitution one must cite in order to own a firearm. You don't have to give justification to anyone. As long as you meet the legal requirements, you can own a gun because you think it's pretty or because you want to shoot varmints on the back 40 or because you know it will trigger your neighbor. You don't have to give any reasons whatsoever.

There are no reasons put forth in the Constitution one must cite in order to own a firearm. You don't have to give justification to anyone. As long as you meet the legal requirements, you can own a gun because you think it's pretty or because you want to shoot varmints on the back 40 or because you know it will trigger your neighbor. You don't have to give any reasons whatsoever.
You have to be qualified. Just wanting one isn’t enough. Wtf is that so hard to understand. We have a lot of 8 year olds who would love to carry a Glock. They can’t legally.
. Get a life.

What any of the YouTube documentaries it is not light guns but sophisticated western weapons that tipped

Watch any of the YouTube documentaries and it is less the small arms and more of the sophisticated western weapons like the AGTMs.

If they didn’t get western sophisticated weapons then the war would have been different… thank god
A good argument let citizens have more powerful weaponry.

You have to be qualified. Just wanting one isn’t enough. Wtf is that so hard to understand. We have a lot of 8 year olds who would love to carry a Glock. They can’t legally.
. Get a life.
No one who is qualified to own a firearm has to give any reason for why they want it. Why has this not sunk in with you yet? Heck, a parent could give their 8-year-old child a Glock to carry around the farm and it would be perfectly legal. It would be foolish to put bullets in it, but it would be legal.

High capacity any firearm needs more regulation.
In your opinion, not so much in the real world. If someone wants to carry the extra weight of a 30 round clip at the range so he doesn't have to reload all the time, it's really none of your business.

In your opinion, not so much in the real world. If someone wants to carry the extra weight of a 30 round clip at the range so he doesn't have to reload all the time, it's really none of your business.
Fk‘n A it isn’t. It’s as much my business as any illegal firearm. Gun a holics have a distasteful habit of moving their” range” guns into the hands of kids, criminals and illegals. The only thing they like more then guns, is the next one they can buy after selling the previous one to a criminal at an inflated price.

High capacity any firearm needs more regulation.

No one is compelled to negotiate their Rights with you ... And no one is asking you to agree.
Some might suggest it is precisely why the Founders left us the opportunity to shoot people like you for trying.

We are not asking ... We already have the firearms ... And upwards of a million successful background checks for new firearms purchases a month ...
For high-capacity firearms as well ... Get that through your head ... :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back