Can Gun Nuts Please Stop Saying You Need Guns to Protect Yourself From A Potential Tyrannical Government!!!

What a bozo you are. The gov places limits on everyone of your rights that are given to the people in general but at th3 same time qualifying persons for EVERYONE of your rights. .
Name one instance in either the first or the second amendment applies to absolutely everyone, regardless of location, status and intent. You fking can‘t. All your rights in the first and second are REGULATED.
The First Amendment applies to everyone, every time, everywhere. So does the Second.

The first amendment is no different then the second as far as a persons rights are concerned.
I actually agree.

Not all persons, have those rights at any time in any place.

Wrong. Spoken like a true fascist.

What a fking dufus.
What are you ? A Supreme Court judge. ? You have fking idea. You have to qualify for all your rights.

Just wanting any right never by itself qualifies you to have it.
You have proved nothing.

The First Amendment applies to everyone, every time, everywhere. So does the Second.
No it doesn’t stupid. Not anyone can posses any firearm any place they want.

Not everyone has freedom of speech to say anything they want, any place they want.

Try doing both you idiot. Hope you try….

I actually agree.

Wrong. Spoken like a true fascist.

You have proved nothing.
I don’t need to. Just because you have never read the Heller majority decision and you still say this tripe, means you’re illiterate.

EVERYONE has the Freedom of Speech.
Nope. Neither can anyone purchase a firearm, possess any firearm and in any place. They are all regulated
Who you are, What you say and where you say it, are regulated as well.
That you don’t get that makes you an illiterate.

At a point in the past, I, and some friends, raised money to buy guns and ammunition for a group of men said they needed them for self-defense. One of my friends and I personally delivered it to their leader. We put out a leaflet soliciting this money, with the slogan "Every dime buys a bullet!"

Did we do wrong?

At a point in the past, I, and some friends, raised money to buy guns and ammunition for a group of men said they needed them for self-defense. One of my friends and I personally delivered it to their leader. We put out a leaflet soliciting this money, with the slogan "Every dime buys a bullet!"

Did we do wrong?

Yes, if you bought the guns and ammo for them. I believe that is illegal, and you may have subsidized a terrorist attack somewhere. If you gave them a lot of money, how would you know what they did with it? But I feel there's a gotcha coming, which ain't cool.

No it doesn’t stupid. Not anyone can posses any firearm any place they want.
Not according to the Constitution.

Not everyone has freedom of speech to say anything they want, any place they want.
You can say whatever you want wherever you want so long as it doesn't interfere with anyone else's rights.

Government has no rights.

Last edited:
Spoken like a true idiot.
NONE of your rights expressed in the 1a and 2a are absolute.
Whatever the fuck "Absolute" is supposed to me. True, your right to bear arms doesn't allow you to shoot people on a whim. Your rights end where other people's rights end. That's their absolute limit.

I don’t need to. Just because you have never read the Heller majority decision and you still say this tripe, means you’re illiterate.
Sure. If you don't mind people considering you to be a fool, then you don't need to prove anything you say.

It makes you sound mentally challenged.

Having guns is not going to protect you from the police or military. With normal police equipment, SWAT teams, police tactics and fire power etc, they can easily neutralize any armed threat or movement. They wouldn't even break a sweat. Not to mention, police surveillance tactics will make it impossible for an anti-government group to organize a big enough threat to the regime. You don't have a chance. And that is only the police. Your little AR-15 isn't going to do anything to a drone, tank, apache helicopter, fighter jet or combat unit (much less special forces). There is a reason you have not seen a people's uprising to over-throw a government even in Africa in decade. And really only Sudan has been overthrown by a military coup.

No, the only reason you want certain guns (such as a AR-15) is because you like to have them.

It is true the vast majority of gun owners are responsible and good people, including AR-15 owners. But that 1% or 0.05% that are not responsible can cause havoc, as we just saw in Highland park (an event I was on my way to attend and an event to which I know many people that were directly effected).

If you want to hunt, then a single shot hunting rifle will suffice. If it is about home defense, then handguns and shotguns (which as both short-range) would be sufficient.

There are many things that can be done, such as arm teachers, have cops in schools, secure soft targets, better mental health facilities, red flag rules and immunity for snitching, involuntary institutionalization, high standards for gun ownership, higher and minimum sentences for illegal gun possession, Federal no buy lists, vicarious liability for guns for the gun owner etc., but stop with the argument that you need guns for tyrannical governments! Because it is foolish.

There should be a ban on all guns other then single shot hunting rifles, handguns and shotguns.

Now I know handguns are by far the weapon of choice in the vast number of homicides, but so called "assault rifles" (yes I know that is a term the liberals made up) it by far a more sufficient weapon to commit mass murder then a handgun, even if they are semi-automatic (vs full).

Keep sticking to these stances that turn off the moderates (e.g. ban on abortion and do nothing on guns) and then cry about how Demorats can win with gas over $5-6, out of control inflation, major blunders in foreign policy and everyone hating woke politics. If the Demorats keep the House and pick up senate seats you are going to see the most radical changes to this country that we haver ever seen.

So Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, James Madison, etc. were "gun nuts"? You're a fucking moron.

Not according to the Constitution.

You can say whatever you want wherever you want so long as it doesn't interfere with anyone else's rights.

Government has no rights.
Ignoramus.
The govt has POWER. You obviously don’t know the difference.
“The federal government has specific, enumerated powers (like coining money, regulating interstate commerce, granting patents/copyrights, establishing bankruptcy laws, raising an army, and levying taxes for defense and the general welfare).”

Yes, if you bought the guns and ammo for them. I believe that is illegal, and you may have subsidized a terrorist attack somewhere. If you gave them a lot of money, how would you know what they did with it? But I feel there's a gotcha coming, which ain't cool.
Whoa! Well done, sensing that "gotcha!". Of course, the question is for whom did we raise money so that they could buy guns and ammo? (I didn't make it clear: we raised the money and gave it to them, so they could buy the guns and ammo they needed.)

And I assume you would agree that in some cases this would be a good thing to do, in other cases, not. (And certainly helping some group we knew nothing about would be a very bad idea.)

So could we all, liberals and conservatives, agree that it's sometimes a good idea to arm people? Depending on who they are? And sometimes not? So we can't just say, it's never a good idea to help a group get guns and ammo. Sometimes it is. When my friends and I did it, it was a good idea. (Although I should say, at the time we did it, the liberals around us were horrified, and opposed it. Which added to our satisfaction, actually.)

Ignoramus.
The govt has POWER. You obviously don’t know the difference.
“The federal government has specific, enumerated powers (like coining money, regulating interstate commerce, granting patents/copyrights, establishing bankruptcy laws, raising an army, and levying taxes for defense and the general welfare).”
Yes, I do understand the difference. Apparantly you believe the government is free to use power however it likes. Rights place a limit on those powers, dumbass. Nowhere does the Constitution list the power to regulate the use of firearms.

Dumbo, the constitution allows the govt to arm and establish the militia. They can draft and arm your sorry ass, though I don’t know why they would try with idiots like you.

The US Supreme Court has consistently ruled that the 2nd amendment is an individual right, not contingent on military service.

Can our libtards please stop denying that one of the foundational reasons FOR our Constitution’s 2d Amendment was very much for the People to be assured of protection against the threat of the government behaving improperly?

Thank you.

Love their black powder. If you want a plethora of black powder firearms, have at it. Pretty dumb analogy.

Now do the first amendment, dipshit (but do it with a parchment and quill only, no computer.)

LOL, you're a fucking moron, too.

Forum List

Back