Can republicans explain why the “good guy with a gun” narrative never seems to be a thing?

With all the carnage in Texas, you’d think someone would step forward. Of course, people with a concealed carry might think they are brave, but when it comes down to an actual public danger, they run like everyone else. Sorry, repubs, your gun only gives you a false sense of bravery.

it might be because youre focusing on one event and ignoring the estimated up to 2-3 million times a yr guns stop crimes and murder,,,

open your mind a little
Estimated by who?
the CDC,,,
and dont act like you didnt know that, the link has beens posted dozens of times
The CDC say guns prevent million of crimes a year?

Bullshit.

They aren't even allowed to track gun violence, how would they track gun crime prevention?

I say again BULLSHIT.

With all the carnage in Texas, you’d think someone would step forward. Of course, people with a concealed carry might think they are brave, but when it comes down to an actual public danger, they run like everyone else. Sorry, repubs, your gun only gives you a false sense of bravery.

it might be because youre focusing on one event and ignoring the estimated up to 2-3 million times a yr guns stop crimes and murder,,,

open your mind a little
Estimated by who?
the CDC,,,
and dont act like you didnt know that, the link has beens posted dozens of times

Bullshit.

They aren't even allowed to track gun violence, how would they track gun crime prevention?

I say again BULLSHIT.

It was an Obama-mandated study by the CDC.

"The Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council released the results of their research through the CDC last month. Researchers compiled data from previous studies in order to guide future research on gun violence, noting that “almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million per year."

CDC Study: Use of Firearms for Self-Defense is ‘Important Crime Deterrent’

Just because you carry doesn't mean you go looking for the bad guy.
There are several reasons why a gun owner doesn't step up.
1. they never crossed paths with the shooter. If I'm in that situation I will stay in place and wait for the police to arrive or if I have a line of sight of the shooter and he has placed me in danger or I see that he/ she is positioning themselves to shoot someone else.
2. not carrying that day. Some gun owners don't carry every day.
3. Trying to get family out of harms ways.
It all depends on the situation
lol okay but regardless of why they don’t use the gun, it’s stupid to assume making guns more accessible is at all a deterrent for mass shootings.
OMG I just gave you 3 reasons why
Yes you explained why but again, regardless of the reason it doesn’t happen, it still, ya know,
Doesn’t happen.
So you started this thread to troll? I gave you an honest response.
BUT IT HAS HAPPENED
Mass Shootings & Armed Civilians Who Stop Them | National Review
Uh it has happened, but it’s rare therefore it is a stupid justification to just give people more guns to stop mass shootings. Getting a concealed carry permit is a pretty simple task.
Your justification and approval is not necessary for citizens to exercise a right.

lol okay but regardless of why they don’t use the gun, it’s stupid to assume making guns more accessible is at all a deterrent for mass shootings.
Yes you explained why but again, regardless of the reason it doesn’t happen, it still, ya know,
Doesn’t happen.
BUT IT HAS HAPPENED
Uh it has happened, but it’s rare therefore it is a stupid justification to just give people more guns to stop mass shootings. Getting a concealed carry permit is a pretty simple task.
Your justification and approval is not necessary for citizens to exercise a right.
The right isn’t the point. It’s just retarded to think giving out more guns will deter mass shootings.

Doesn’t happen.
BUT IT HAS HAPPENED
The right isn’t the point. It’s just retarded to think giving out more guns will deter mass shootings.
The right is the only point

Doesn’t happen.
BUT IT HAS HAPPENED

like I said,,,the only reason you think that is because you refuse to look at the whole picture and decide to focus on one major event,,,

open up your mind, the world is a wonderful place with many adventures and you wont understand them by ignoring them

open your mind a little
Estimated by who?
the CDC,,,

Bullshit.

I say again BULLSHIT.

"The Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council released the results of their research through the CDC last month. Researchers compiled data from previous studies in order to guide future research on gun violence, noting that “almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million per year."

They didn't do any research, they compiled other people's studies.

It's meaningless noise.

open your mind a little
Estimated by who?
the CDC,,,

Bullshit.

I say again BULLSHIT.

They didn't do any research, they compiled other people's studies.

It's meaningless noise.

I see. So Obama's CDC released some results that were contrary to everything he, his own appointed CDC head Thomas Frieden, and the multitude of liberals working for the CDC believed in?

If you earnestly believe that Obama's administration wanted to promote the idea that guns are good, I have a bridge in New York I'd like to sell you.

Your premise is flawed from the get go. You know how you all always attempt to justify a bad shooting by police by claiming all that every officer wants is to go home at the end of the day to his/her family therefore they should be allowed the leeway to make mistakes even when those mistakes cost someone their life? The same hold true for concealed carry holders, for the most part as far as wanting to go home to their families.

While It's the job of law enforcement to run towards the danger, concealed carry holders have no such legal or moral obligation, in fact obtaining a CCW does not convey law enforcement authority or powers like far too many idiots seem to believe it does leading them to confront people going about their lives, minding their own business and who are not engaged in unlawful activity, just things that the armed individual does not like.

The first act one shold take when a gunfight breaks out is to immediately seek cover - whether you're law enforcement or civilian. Assess the situation and then for civilians attempt to find a safe retreat. Being armed is not a magic talisman which will shield you from getting shot or killed.

No one is required to attempt to intervene in the event of a mass shooting (other than the police) and certainly there are issues of liability to be considered. What if you inadvertenly shoot an innocent bystander or what if you shoot the wrong person because he was armed but was not the attacke?.

Your personal defensive weapon is for you and your loved ones and those in your immediate vicinity if you so choose to include them, but there is nothing that states that being armed (aka a good gun with a gun) requires you to resolve problems that the professional have yet to conquer.

Oh and for the record, I am not a Republican.

Just because you carry doesn't mean you go looking for the bad guy.
There are several reasons why a gun owner doesn't step up.
1. they never crossed paths with the shooter. If I'm in that situation I will stay in place and wait for the police to arrive or if I have a line of sight of the shooter and he has placed me in danger or I see that he/ she is positioning themselves to shoot someone else.
2. not carrying that day. Some gun owners don't carry every day.
3. Trying to get family out of harms ways.
It all depends on the situation
If mass shooters were concerned we'd have the fewest mass shootings in the world. They are far more likely to find an armed defender here than anywhere else, yet we have the most mass shootings.

----------------------------------- its as I told you before . The gun that an Armed Citizen may carry is for HIS and his family and friends protection . Sure , he may use the gun to protect YOU but he has no legal obligation to protect you . Carrying a gun does not make a gun carrier a COP BillyB .

Depends on how far you want to go back. One guy shot a shooter in the Movie House in Texas about 3 years ago. and I posted on yesterday about a CCW guy killing two robbers ...So what is your point, we need more police to shoot faster. or more people carrying guns, Or I bet you want us to give up our guns. :1peleas:
The shooter in a Texas church a few years ago was gunned down by a good guy with a gun.

https://nypost.com/2017/11/05/hero-neighbor-got-his-rifle-shot-at-texas-church-gunman/
After many were killed.

----------------------------------- its as I told you before . The gun that an Armed Citizen may carry is for HIS and his family and friends protection . Sure , he may use the gun to protect YOU but he has no legal obligation to protect you . Carrying a gun does not make a gun carrier a COP BillyB .
But the NRA told us if only one good guy with a gun was there. Wow has that been proven wrong.

Left wing retardery at its finest.

You make it as difficult or uncomfortable as possible to carry a gun then when you need one you whine about where we’re all these gun people.

Your second fallacy is a CCW holder is going to step in to save your unarmed ass. I may have a gun on me. But if the guy is busy shooting you and your family up. I’m moving mine to a more defendable position at minimum and preferably out of the situation. I had a gun in case he chose us. He chose you. Lucky me, twice.

Can republicans explain why the “good guy with a gun” narrative never seems to be a thing?
Because the fake news liberal media don't publish those stories. :itsok:

That's because, aside from the lies posted by Republicans, gun ownership really doesn't save lives.
It saves tens of thousands of lives every year, dumbass. Scientific studies have proven that.
You have some imagination. Try to come back to reality.

open your mind a little
Estimated by who?
the CDC,,,

Bullshit.

I say again BULLSHIT.
You are correct, the cdc has never done a study. It's another gun lobby lie.

open your mind a little
Estimated by who?
the CDC,,,

Bullshit.

I say again BULLSHIT.

The estimate are based on other studies. The cdc never did a study, they looked at other studies which are just surveys. You can find surveys where people say they have seen bigfoot and aliens too.

NRA and I plus the Police would tell you that a Private citizen that has a gun in his pocket has NO DUTY to protect you and your ilk Brian .

NRA and I plus the Police would tell you that a Private citizen that has a gun in his pocket has NO DUTY to protect you and your ilk Brian .
But the NRA said if only there was one armed good guy....

the Good guy with a gun is probably referring to police and other armed people that are supposed and are paid to protect the Public Brian .

Forum List

Back