Can republicans explain why the “good guy with a gun” narrative never seems to be a thing?

With all the carnage in Texas, you’d think someone would step forward. Of course, people with a concealed carry might think they are brave, but when it comes down to an actual public danger, they run like everyone else. Sorry, repubs, your gun only gives you a false sense of bravery.
Who had a gun, shit for brains?
The two cops needed to stop him at the scene, after all he did shoot at them first. Or did they not want to get involved.

With all the carnage in Texas, you’d think someone would step forward. Of course, people with a concealed carry might think they are brave, but when it comes down to an actual public danger, they run like everyone else. Sorry, repubs, your gun only gives you a false sense of bravery.
I'll tell you, ya filthy stain. The first thing they teach you in CHL class is that you are NOT a civilian branch of the police force and that you are primarily carrying a gun to defend yourself and family, as a last resort. If circumstances permit it sometimes a license holder does take out a pos like you. But we are providing security to the public that is a myth that YOU filth perpetuate, and besides, liar, a good guy with a gun did take him out. And, who was carrying then?

If you care to pick up the NRA magazine "American Rifleman" you would find a column gleaned from various newapapers during the month that show an average of ten citizens who have successfully defended themselves with firearms. The obvious problem is that a single defense shooting doesn't stack up in media sensation to the occasional insane mass shooter who is always a left wing maniac and always breaks the law.
How about you link a few of those "stories" since I'm not about to give the NRA any blood money.

thats called self induced ignorance,,,,,

Who had a gun, shit for brains?

You've obviously never been to Midland or Odessa. The shooter started at the edge of one town and shot people on his way to the other town and the theater. Considering how many people in TX conceal carry, there would have more than likely been several people along the way that had guns.
its not that easy when the car passes you at 40-80 MPH whats happening let alone time to get a gun out and do anything

Just because you carry doesn't mean you go looking for the bad guy.
There are several reasons why a gun owner doesn't step up.
1. they never crossed paths with the shooter. If I'm in that situation I will stay in place and wait for the police to arrive or if I have a line of sight of the shooter and he has placed me in danger or I see that he/ she is positioning themselves to shoot someone else.
2. not carrying that day. Some gun owners don't carry every day.
3. Trying to get family out of harms ways.
It all depends on the situation

1. they never crossed paths with the shooter. If I'm in that situation I will stay in place and wait for the police to arrive or if I have a line of sight of the shooter and he has placed me in danger or I see that he/ she is positioning themselves to shoot someone else.
lol okay but regardless of why they don’t use the gun, it’s stupid to assume making guns more accessible is at all a deterrent for mass shootings.

lol okay but regardless of why they don’t use the gun, it’s stupid to assume making guns more accessible is at all a deterrent for mass shootings.
OMG I just gave you 3 reasons why

Yes you explained why but again, regardless of the reason it doesn’t happen, it still, ya know,
Doesn’t happen.

The shooting Midland/Odessa was between the suspect and law-enforcement officers, so nobody in their right mind would have wanted to be seen standing there with a gun in their hand. Besides, it's not the job of an armed citizen to engage unless his or her life is in danger, or the lives of others. Shooting someone in self defense is a last resort, not a first response. Statistics also show what the majority of time, the presence of a weapon in the hands of a law-abiding citizen can stop the incident.

One thing: Notice that the Midland/Odessa ended at a movie theater. The suspect was most likely going to go to a place where there were the least number of armed citizens, in order to make his last stand.

Yes you explained why but again, regardless of the reason it doesn’t happen, it still, ya know,
Doesn’t happen.
So you started this thread to troll? I gave you an honest response.
BUT IT HAS HAPPENED
Mass Shootings & Armed Civilians Who Stop Them | National Review

Depends on how far you want to go back. One guy shot a shooter in the Movie House in Texas about 3 years ago. and I posted on yesterday about a CCW guy killing two robbers ...So what is your point, we need more police to shoot faster. or more people carrying guns, Or I bet you want us to give up our guns. :1peleas:
The shooter in a Texas church a few years ago was gunned down by a good guy with a gun.

https://nypost.com/2017/11/05/hero-neighbor-got-his-rifle-shot-at-texas-church-gunman/

Doesn’t happen.
So you started this thread to troll? I gave you an honest response.
BUT IT HAS HAPPENED
Mass Shootings & Armed Civilians Who Stop Them | National Review
Uh it has happened, but it’s rare therefore it is a stupid justification to just give people more guns to stop mass shootings. Getting a concealed carry permit is a pretty simple task.

Can republicans explain why the “good guy with a gun” narrative never seems to be a thing?
Because the fake news liberal media don't publish those stories. :itsok:

That's because, aside from the lies posted by Republicans, gun ownership really doesn't save lives.
It saves tens of thousands of lives every year, dumbass. Scientific studies have proven that.

Because the fake news liberal media don't publish those stories. :itsok:

That's because, aside from the lies posted by Republicans, gun ownership really doesn't save lives.
It saves tens of thousands of lives every year, dumbass. Scientific studies have proven that.

Self-defense gun use accounted for more than 80% of all gun use in America, according to a 1997 study.

Here Is How Many Times Guns Save Lives Each Year

source.gif

theres a lot of reason to assume that,
what there is no reason to assume is to give the criminals a clear advantage over the mass's that more lives would be saved

Forum List

Back