Can states remove Trump from their election tickets if he is convicted

Poor lefties. Even if you rig his jury and throw him in prison, you know Biden still won’t be able to win an honest election.

Maybe Biden can start WW3 with Russia just before the election, declare an emergency, and call the election off. An election during wartime could be considered a “threat to democracy” I’m sure.
Guess who'd be first in line to dox and threaten the jury pool.....

I guess if they can't jail him, then they will try to kill him...

As long as his heart is beating, Trump will be our next President. :)

Who knows the state laws on who gets on a ballot?

Can states remove Trump from their election tickets if he is convicted?

I don’t think it matters..in the end? Just because a state doesn’t allow his name to be printed on the ballot doesn’t mean people can’t vote for him. In those states he will just be a “write in” candidate.

Up to the state courts to decide that if they are presented with a case. But I'm sure all these right wing wanna be lawyers that have never even seen a Constitutional Law textbook will chime in with their ignorance.

I don’t think it matters..in the end? Just because a state doesn’t allow his name to be printed on the ballot doesn’t mean people can’t vote for him. In those states he will just be a “write in” candidate.
Yeah you could write him in, but I think the states could rule trump can't hold office because he's an unfit animal. Might be wrong on that but that is the way I'm reading all of this.

Yeah you could write him in, but I think the states could rule trump can't hold office because he's an unfit animal. Might be wrong on that but that is the way I'm reading all of this.

So, you’re thinking that even if people put him down as a write in, if he happens to win that state,they will just ignore the voters and cast their electors for someone else?

So, you’re thinking that even if people put him down as a write in, if he happens to win that state,they will just ignore the voters and cast their electors for someone else?
If you arent allowed to run for office, than why would the votes for you count?

He should have his citizenship revoked for conspiring against the United States.

Removing Trump from ballots would trigger a war....
It would trigger a lot of bitching, complaining and crying from Trumpsters, nothing more. You and your ilk continually misunderstand what war is or means. None of you are ready to face the absolute tragedy that war in your neighborhood means.

This is not completely correct.

For many states, this is true but it is a state law thing and not applicable in all of them:

And that is more than enough to make winning nigh impossible. Of course the question would be which of those states would both invalidate his candidacy and would not allow a write in. I do not know what states have existing laws that would disallow Trump if any.

Nah, I’m just honest enough to admit it’s a likely possibility, the SCOTUS being the last stop for appeals. Are you?
They are the last stop. You are dreaming if you think a conviction will get overturned though. There are no indications of any constitutional violation in any of the charges. Your fantasies about them and Trump's bloviating are not going to get SCOTUS to overrule a guilty verdict.

Forum List

Back