Can states remove Trump from their election tickets if he is convicted

States have the power to run their elections in any way they see fit barring specific mentions in the constitution against it. They certainly could have a law on the books that prevented Trump from running. They do not however so, no, they cannot this election.

The reality is that such a law would have never been written because no one would think that it would be remotely necessary. Though it really is not necessary now either, Trump is going to lose colossally, like he has been losing for years now on everything. If they run him him the vote will be a joke, Trumpsters will continue to cry like babies that the election was 'rigged' and the democrats will enjoy more power than they have had in a long time.

Trumpsters are actively ensuring they are politically irrelevant. Talk about moronic.

Trump won't win that in the GOP come November next year.

He will be in such a mess with Bragg, J6. documents, and Georgia election interference that the American electorate will ignore him as a viable candidate.

WRONG!

I have never voted Republican in my life.
But this time, I will HAVE to vote for Trump, no matter what, because these charges clearly are totally ILLEGAL.
They could not even remotely be true.
These charges are the most corrupt attempt at a REAL insurrection, that I have ever seen.

The states do not need to bother. The people will do it. It would be nice if the republicans clean their house but I believe that enough will just stay home on election night. Democrat turn out for vote will probably be a new record.

Wrong.
I have always voted Democrat, but this time I will be forced to vote only for Trump, due to the illegal actions by Jack Smith in pressing these ridiculous and illegal charges.
I think most people feel the same, and that they will now be forced to vote for Trump, whether they want to or not.

The Constitution’s 14th Amendment provides for the disqualification from office of any person who has “engaged in insurrection or rebellion against” the United States.

The meaning of "insurrection" in the 14th Amendment is the Civil War.
Jan 6 was no "civil war".

States have the power to run their elections in any way they see fit barring specific mentions in the constitution against it. They certainly could have a law on the books that prevented Trump from running. They do not however so, no, they cannot this election.

The reality is that such a law would have never been written because no one would think that it would be remotely necessary. Though it really is not necessary now either, Trump is going to lose colossally, like he has been losing for years now on everything. If they run him him the vote will be a joke, Trumpsters will continue to cry like babies that the election was 'rigged' and the democrats will enjoy more power than they have had in a long time.

Trumpsters are actively ensuring they are politically irrelevant. Talk about moronic.

Wrong.
Jack Smith's ridiculous charges will backfire and force Trump to win when he would not have otherwise.
It is just way to obvious that Jack Smith is the real criminal here.

Wrong.
I have always voted Democrat, but this time I will be forced to vote only for Trump, due to the illegal actions by Jack Smith in pressing these ridiculous and illegal charges.
I think most people feel the same, and that they will now be forced to vote for Trump, whether they want to or not.
They got the Nixon tapes even after he claimed executive privilege.

executive privilege is not absolute. The president is support to uphold the laws of the US and not break them and them claim a loop hole.

Still it appears there is no law that would even stop a convicted Trump from running for president.

It will be just a matter of optics., Do Americans want to vote for a convicted criminal. Obviously you seemed to have made up your mind. good luck with that.

Correction: the Dems will lose the White House so long as the Pubs don't run Trump.
Do you think the dems if they succeed to jail Trump that they wouldn't do the same to DeSantis of anyone else that gets in there way?... these people are at war to change America forever...

Do you think the dems if they succeed to jail Trump that they wouldn't do the same to DeSantis of anyone else that gets in there way?... these people are at war to change America forever...
You are a frightened little puppy.

I believe I heard on a news outlet that 6 to 10 states could bar him. Of course several at least are Republican states....

I'd rather my state just secede away from your tyrannical govt.
You believe an entire mountain of garbage propaganda to the point where you are now a conspiracy nut job Anti American disrespectful of all our fine institutions and people. Another win for Murdoch and the Orange Clown

Wow!

When you guys write about these fantasies of stopping voters from picking Trump again, are you typing with one hand?
I think only private organizations will try and do that not Democratic politicians. It's a great opportunity for a landslide for the Democrats so we can finally have some reform, tax the rich again along with some big oil big Pharma et cetera, and get things like cheap college and training and daycare and a living wage to help the working and middle classes get healthy again, Super Dupe.....

Forum List

Back