Can The Govt FORCE You To Promote A Choice That Goes Against Your Religion? The Fight Continues...

As an individual, you are free to hate anyone you wish
Nobody can force you to invite someone you don't like into your home. Nobody can force you to have blacks or gays to dinner.

But once you open a business, your business is subject to the rules of your community and the Constitution. These rules include what you must pay your workers, business hours, building codes, public safety and public accommodation

If you do not like the rules being applied to your business, you are free to seek another occupation

At least you admit that you enjoy the government bullying people you disagree with.

You're the one referring to democratic government as bullying. Call it what you want. Do you have a better system to replace democratic government?

Constitutionally limited government.

People have to limit government via a constitution. Where do the people come from?

Oh, from the government of course. We exist thanks be to government.
This makes no sense whatsoever.

Among the more ridiculous and wrongheaded aspects of errant conservative dogma is this idiotic notion that ‘the government’ exists as some sort of ‘evil entity’ separate and apart from the people, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

The people and their government are one in the same, government acts at the behest of the people, it derives its authority from the consent of the people, it is the creation of the people who are the ultimate authority.

The right’s attempt to ‘demonize’ government is sophomoric, naïve, childish, and inane – a moronic contrivance of partisan rightwing politics.

Look up "snarky", Sparky.

And the left's attempt to elevate government to Deity status is scary beyond belief... you fuckers are all insane... you really are.

The people and their government are one in the same, government acts at the behest of the people, it derives its authority from the consent of the people, it is the creation of the people who are the ultimate authority.

If the people and the government are one in the same, why does government need 'consent'?

The answer, of course, is because the people and the government are NOT one in the same. The government is an agent of the people, hired for specific purposes. We grant government authority (consent) only in pursuit of those specific purposes. We don't (and no sane person ever would) grant government authority over every aspect of our lives.

If you do not like the rules being applied to your business, you are free to seek another occupation

That depends on if the rules are Constitutional. Government establishing law forcing some people to enable or play along with other people's behaviors is not legal. So there's the basis for the challenge these two women in Arizona are launching.

And these rules cannot be derived from "law" that sets one set of behaviors (homosexuality) above another (polyamory/polygamy). All or none may access those protections. So, as I said, if your cult doesn't want it's legal gains to unravel before your eyes, you'd better start stumping and stumping hard for polygamists to have the same rights. Otherwise adios.

You'd better get down on your knees (OK, well maybe because of your dogma, you're already there) and pray to your rainbow altar that these two women don't have their lawyers start discussing if they have to serve polygamists. Because if the court's retort or your retort is "polygamy marriage isn't legal", their lawyers will ask, "why not? Don't all people have the right to marry now?"...And the shitstorm will hit at precisely that moment. If the USSC found arbitrarily that man/woman doesn't matter legally, then there is nothing sacred about the number "two" either. It is just as "unfair" as man/woman.

I would argue for those women that at least polygamists provide both a mother and father in marriage; while gays by defect divorce children from either one for life. If the strategy from LGBT is once again to fall back on "think of the children"... The natural end of all that arguing of course would be the conclusion that in fact states must regulate marriage as to behaviors applying; for many reasons but most of all for the sake of the children...

Last edited:

That depends on if the rules are Constitutional. Government establishing law forcing some people to enable or play along with other people's behaviors is not legal. So there's the basis for the challenge these two women in Arizona are launching.
Absolutely

If you think the rules being enforced on you are unconstitutional, you have the entire court system at your disposal

Nobody can force you to invite someone you don't like into your home. Nobody can force you to have blacks or gays to dinner.

But once you open a business, your business is subject to the rules of your community and the Constitution. These rules include what you must pay your workers, business hours, building codes, public safety and public accommodation

Please explain the "logic" you use to determine that the government can force me to allow people into my business, but not my home.

Please explain the "logic" you use to determine that the government can force me to allow people into my business, but not my home.

There is none. It's just a wedge created by the broad interpretation of the Commerce Clause. If and when they find a similar wedge into our homes, it will be used.

I think the "will catholic hospitals be required to perform abortions" concept pretty much is the harbinger for how this AZ lawsuit will turn out. :popcorn: After all, women have a right to an abortion. (an action, not an inborn trait). Men "have the right" to marry men.... (an action, not an inborn trait)

There is none. It's just a wedge created by the broad interpretation of the Commerce Clause. If and when they find a similar wedge into our homes, it will be used.

Of course there is none. Not only that, as I've explained , the idiots don't even understand that they PA laws are in violation of the 14th Amendment b/c they don't give equal protection to all Americans.

And these rules cannot be derived from "law" that sets one set of behaviors (homosexuality) above another (polyamory/polygamy). All or none may access those protections. So, as I said, if your cult doesn't want it's legal gains to unravel before your eyes, you'd better start stumping and stumping hard for polygamists to have the same rights. Otherwise adios.

Using this moronic logic, the behaviors of heterosexuality not do have a right to marriage as well. Remember: All or none may access those protections according to your standards. Something tells me you have a nice self-serving exemption for those behaviors, though.

Here's liberal "logical" for you

" I can punish you for not serving a gay, you can't punish me for murdering an unborn child"

You dumb fucks really need to do the world a favor and just kill yourselves.

Simple....your rights to freedom of association do not apply to your business

We don't serve negroes here...is no longer allowed

Here's liberal "logical" for you

" I can punish you for not serving a gay, you can't punish me for murdering an unborn child"

You dumb fucks really need to do the world a favor and just kill yourselves.

Apple meet screwdriver

Of course there is none. Not only that, as I've explained , the idiots don't even understand that they PA laws are in violation of the 14th Amendment b/c they don't give equal protection to all Americans.

I'm confident they'll get this, eventually. But probably not until it's too late to do anything about it.

Using this moronic logic, the behaviors of heterosexuality not do have a right to marriage as well. Remember: All or none may access those protections according to your standards. Something tells me you have a nice self-serving exemption for those behaviors, though.

Bingo , no one has a right to a government sanctioned marriage. A state could just throw up their hands and say "we're not issuing marriage licenses anymore (and who gave the government the authority to do so anyway) and there is nothing anyone can do about it. But , if the government DOES offer a service, they must offer it to all.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Negroes = race. Gay behaviors = behaviors. That is a legal problem for you. Work it out soon or your gains will unravel. BTW, when are you going to start stumping for polygamists to marry? If man/woman is "unfair", so is "two"... Check the 14th for details...

I think the "will catholic hospitals be required to perform abortions" concept pretty much is the harbinger for how this AZ lawsuit will turn out. :popcorn: After all, women have a right to an abortion. (an action, not an inborn trait). Men "have the right" to marry men.... (an action, not an inborn trait)

Is anyone forced to perform abortions?

Negros = race. Gay behaviors = behaviors. That is a legal problem for you. Work it out soon or your gains will unravel. BTW, when are you going to start stumping for polygamists to marry? If man/woman is "unfair", so is "two"... Check the 14th for details...

No legal problem

Religions are protected also and that is a chosen behavior

And what level of protection would that be, PA laws apply to all those still breathing?

Who, is not covered?

Forum List

Back