Can The Students Be Silenced?

A junior at a local Boston high school wrote this poem. Regardless of how you feel about #MarchForOurLives and gun reform, please take a minute to read it. This is how our children feel right now. This is what keeps them up at night.

I would suggest to the student that they'v been duped, though this one less thsn many others.

They've been duped into believing thst safety is a realistic expectation in a Free Society. The two concepts cannot exist together when the human animal is involved.

Running and Hiding are no good. The Big Bad Wolf is faster than you are. He will sniff you out and find you. We are Americans. We do not hide in holes and vainly hope to be safe. We stand up and we FIGHT!!!!! In places like Lexington, MA and Trenton, NJ. On the battlefields at Gettysburg, Normandy, Khe San, and Afghanistan Americans stand up Angie at enemies both foreign and domestic. Win or Lose Americans stand and fight to protect our homes, our families and our nation.

Since the student survivors of the mass murder at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School began their drive to ban the sale of semi-automatic, assault type rifles, the tremendous response from other students nationwide has turned their cause into a strong, grass roots movement.

Conservatives and their leaders are deeply concerned over the possible results this overwhelming number of kids could have. Conservatives, gun nuts, and Republican politicians are appalled by these kids demanding their safety be a priority over the gun nuts’ lunatic desire to own the phallic symbol that is their favorite to stroke and kiss.

Due to this uncontrollable fear conservatives have at the thought of losing their penile substitute, Mitch McConnell decided to ignore the growing number of young voters in this movement. With the coming mid-term elections, these many, many, many students now have the potential to join with tens-of-millions of progressive voters and put the Democrats in control of congress.

In addition to Mitch, conservative community leaders, conservatives on school boards and school administrators have done all they can to stifle the students’ enthusiasm. And now, the National Parks Service is doing so.

A “March For Our Lives” rally was planned by the Stoneman Douglas survivors to take place on the Mall in D.C., but organizers were refused a permit by the National Parks Service management. A representative for the Park Service cited a conflict with a “talent show” as the reason.

The co-executive producer of “Dancing With the Stars” Deena Katz was brought in by the Stoneman Douglas survivors to plan the major event and has a nearly $2 million budget. The money is was raised with a “GoFundMe page, along with donations from Oprah Winfrey, Steven Spielberg and George and Amal Clooney.”

The “talent show” permit application listed equipment for the film crew’s use for the Mall as two tables, two bikes and jump ropes.

The list on the permit application for the March For Our Lives rally included 14 Jumbotrons, 2,000 chairs and 2,000 portable restrooms to be funded with part of the $2 million.

This equipment will be used by the “student speakers, musical performers, guest speakers and video tributes,” and up to an estimated 500,000 attendees, according to the permit application.

The D.C. location for March For Our Lives rally is just one of many big and small events planned in cities across the nation on the same day.

For the conservatives, the gun nuts, and Republican politicians sworn to serve the NRA, be afraid, be very afraid. And keep trying to silence this protest by these young voters. Their anger is not going away, and their numbers are growing. How many millions in 2018? And how many millions more in 2020? Yes, be afraid, be very, very afraid. (And keep pi$$ing them off. It can only help their cause.)

As always, thoughtful comments are welcome. Unfortunately, the conservatives remain either unaware or will deny their individual response to this thread is their typical nonsense consisting of denial, alternate facts, and/or off-topic silliness. (e.g. non-sequiturs, ratings, transference, deflection, memes, etc.). Their mindless prattle is expected by people of reason, who also realize it is a waste of time to offer the conservatives any reply.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/organizers-plan-for-500000-attendees-at-march-for-our-lives-rally-in-washington/2018/02/22/a9ff1992-17f9-11e8-8ac5-84161111ace0_story.html?utm_term=.353cdd5cb3f1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/march-for-our-lives-gun-control-rally-bumped-from-mall-by-talent-show/2018/03/01/ad8c7268-1cc6-11e8-9496-c89dc446c2d3_story.html?utm_term=.66b0cab356d5

The only ones that want the kids silenced are the ones that make money off the deaths of school shootings and their pathetic enablers which we all know who they are.

No one wants to silence the arrogant little punks. Most adults are accustomed to teenagers being an enormous burden on any social interaction. The annoying people we'd like to hear less from would be manipulative 'tards like YOU, hiding behind the little brats and using them to get what you're too unappealing to achieve on your own.

Here is the thing, me boy. Calling students who were the target of a nut case carrying an assault rifle, and killed 17 students and staff of their school, "arrogant little punks" pretty much cements who and what you are. Just an ignorant con troll posting right wing talking points. That you are a piece of shit is unquestionable. Nice effort at uncovering what you are, me boy.

First of all, Chuckles, anyone who can't even recognize female names when they see them is not covering himself with credibility. I realize that it can be confusing to someone who's bought into the horseshit about there being no difference between the genders, except when someone wants there to be, but this is still pretty rudimentary English, so try to get on the fucking ball, 'mkay?

Second of all, I'll call them any damned thing I want, and you should hold your breath waiting until you have the moral cred to try to shame me on anything. Try to grasp the fact that just because YOU say, "This person has complete immunity from ANY disagreement and criticism because he's a VICTIM!" doesn't actually mean he does. And this line is getting so old and threadbare, you really have no idea. They moved themselves from the category of "victim" to "activist", and at that point, they and their silliness became fair game for critique, just like anyone else in the political arena. Bottom line, there is not enough "piss off, loser" in the world for your attempts to rig a no-response, one-sided debate on this.

I think it's pretty reasonable for kids to not want to get shot in their classroom while the "adults" do nothing except just tell them to deal with it and hope nothing bad happens to them (because knowing something and telling someone apparently doesn't work).
It is also reasonable to believe that employing retired police and military personnel to shoot back immediately instead of waiting for the uniformed police to arrive and count the bodies will reduce the casualties in school shootings and eventually decrease the frequency of them. Schools being kept "gun free zones" will never work. Shooters are attracted to gun free zones simply because they exist.
IT HAS BEEN PROVEN, OVER AND OVER THAT GUN FREE ZONES DO NOT ATTRACT SHOOTERS, DIPSHIT.
Simply posting con talking points with NO impartial sources just shows you to be a con troll and stupid. Which is an oxymoron.
In many cases, mass shootings in gun free zones ocured with armed guards, dipshit. The gun free designation was there to keep the public from being armed. Because, you see, the fact is that in almost no cases have people with guns simply do nothing to help the situation. Though they do complicate the situation for police, who do not know who is the shooter and who is the ls the guy carrying a concealed weapon. Which gets the concealed weapon and the cop shot. And makes everyone tentative. Which explains, me boy, why only con trolls and the nra the only ones who think gun free zones are bad.
But then, you simply prove that con trolls simply post con talking points.
Then perhaps I should reword my statement. Shooters may not be attracted to gun free zones, but they likely use the knowledge that their targets are in a gun free zone to strengthen rather than weaken their resolve to carry out the shooting.

Except at government buildings and airports, I ignore the no-firearms signs and walk right in.

So you say. But no impartial study agrees with you. So, is it you or the studies I should believe. HMMMMM. You loose.

There are very few if any studies showing that the public carrying guns stopped mass killings. And in most cases, there were armed guards in locations where mass killings took place. Just the general public was kept from having guns. But, if you were there, and pulled a pistol, you would most likely be shot. Either by the nut case shooter, or the police, or by other nut case carry advocates.

Since the student survivors of the mass murder at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School began their drive to ban the sale of semi-automatic, assault type rifles, the tremendous response from other students nationwide has turned their cause into a strong, grass roots movement.

Conservatives and their leaders are deeply concerned over the possible results this overwhelming number of kids could have. Conservatives, gun nuts, and Republican politicians are appalled by these kids demanding their safety be a priority over the gun nuts’ lunatic desire to own the phallic symbol that is their favorite to stroke and kiss.

Due to this uncontrollable fear conservatives have at the thought of losing their penile substitute, Mitch McConnell decided to ignore the growing number of young voters in this movement. With the coming mid-term elections, these many, many, many students now have the potential to join with tens-of-millions of progressive voters and put the Democrats in control of congress.

In addition to Mitch, conservative community leaders, conservatives on school boards and school administrators have done all they can to stifle the students’ enthusiasm. And now, the National Parks Service is doing so.

A “March For Our Lives” rally was planned by the Stoneman Douglas survivors to take place on the Mall in D.C., but organizers were refused a permit by the National Parks Service management. A representative for the Park Service cited a conflict with a “talent show” as the reason.

The co-executive producer of “Dancing With the Stars” Deena Katz was brought in by the Stoneman Douglas survivors to plan the major event and has a nearly $2 million budget. The money is was raised with a “GoFundMe page, along with donations from Oprah Winfrey, Steven Spielberg and George and Amal Clooney.”

The “talent show” permit application listed equipment for the film crew’s use for the Mall as two tables, two bikes and jump ropes.

The list on the permit application for the March For Our Lives rally included 14 Jumbotrons, 2,000 chairs and 2,000 portable restrooms to be funded with part of the $2 million.

This equipment will be used by the “student speakers, musical performers, guest speakers and video tributes,” and up to an estimated 500,000 attendees, according to the permit application.

The D.C. location for March For Our Lives rally is just one of many big and small events planned in cities across the nation on the same day.

For the conservatives, the gun nuts, and Republican politicians sworn to serve the NRA, be afraid, be very afraid. And keep trying to silence this protest by these young voters. Their anger is not going away, and their numbers are growing. How many millions in 2018? And how many millions more in 2020? Yes, be afraid, be very, very afraid. (And keep pi$$ing them off. It can only help their cause.)

As always, thoughtful comments are welcome. Unfortunately, the conservatives remain either unaware or will deny their individual response to this thread is their typical nonsense consisting of denial, alternate facts, and/or off-topic silliness. (e.g. non-sequiturs, ratings, transference, deflection, memes, etc.). Their mindless prattle is expected by people of reason, who also realize it is a waste of time to offer the conservatives any reply.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/organizers-plan-for-500000-attendees-at-march-for-our-lives-rally-in-washington/2018/02/22/a9ff1992-17f9-11e8-8ac5-84161111ace0_story.html?utm_term=.353cdd5cb3f1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/march-for-our-lives-gun-control-rally-bumped-from-mall-by-talent-show/2018/03/01/ad8c7268-1cc6-11e8-9496-c89dc446c2d3_story.html?utm_term=.66b0cab356d5

Maybe they should move the protest to Mar a Lago or the golf course.

That's what they keep saying.
Of course it tends to be the same people who thought Hillary Clinton could win.

You mean like 90% of people? Even most Trump supporters thought he was done for after Access Hollywood.

Anyway, the republicans are horrendous with young voters, Now they are either ignoring or attacking their future voters. Not sure how that's supposed to end up going well for them. But you keep living in this fantasy land where Trump's white Christian crutch lives on forever.

The Parkland Highschool students don't speak for all "young Americans," moron.

No, they don't, but they speak for a good many.

Kids want to be safe in school. Who'd have imagined such a thing? I know, it's hard to believe that people DON'T want to get shot.

Not many young folks appreciate our lying, cheating, know-nothing president either, or the morons who defend him.

On February 28, BuzzFeed reported that Rep. Debbie Wassermann Schultz aiding in the lobbying in Tallahassee, a teacher’s union organizing the buses that got the kids there, Michael Bloomberg’s groups and the Women’s March working on the upcoming March For Our Lives, MoveOn.org doing social media promotion and (potentially) march logistics, and training for student activists provided by federally funded Planned Parenthood.

The president of the American Federation of Teachers told BuzzFeed they’re also behind the national school walkout, which journalists had previously assured the public was the sole work of a teenager. So, the odds are that the "students" speak for very few actual students.

You show your complete ignorance. While cons need to be told what to believe and what to say, the rest of the population of the world have actual functioning minds. As such, they do not need to be like you, who have to have nut case crazy con web sites, and the NRA, to tell them what to believe.
The NRA, me boy, is out to kill any changes the students and their those supporting them may want. But they do not come close to the money spent by the NRA on politicians and propaganda that you so love.

Only cons need others to tell them what to believe. Because they do not have rational minds.

You need to learn the definition of "talking point". See, it doesn't actually mean "something that everyone is telling me that I don't want to hear." If you REALLY wanted to believe that 2+2=5, everyone here would be telling you that it's 4. That's because it's a FACT, not because it's a "talking point", no matter how badly you don't want it to be true.

How the cons and gun bunnies act to the marches later this month will determine how far the student action will go and how strong it will be.
Didn't you read the post above? They can't have their march.

A junior at a local Boston high school wrote this poem. Regardless of how you feel about #MarchForOurLives and gun reform, please take a minute to read it. This is how our children feel right now. This is what keeps them up at night.

View attachment 180476

I'm not moved.

I'm not surprised.

Glands are nice, but they're not designed for thinking with. That's why God also gave you a brain. Put your hormones and hold for a while.

IT HAS BEEN PROVEN, OVER AND OVER THAT GUN FREE ZONES DO NOT ATTRACT SHOOTERS, DIPSHIT.

--LOL sure pal

You might mention that while they may not be "attracted", it seems they prefer gun free zones.

Mass Shooters Prefer Gun-Free Zones

As a typical con troll, you use a nut case crazy con web site, the Daily Signal, as your source. About as crazy as if I provided a link to moveon.org to prove a point. But then, I would not, because I have integrity. You, on the other hand, have none.

I think it's pretty reasonable for kids to not want to get shot in their classroom while the "adults" do nothing except just tell them to deal with it and hope nothing bad happens to them (because knowing something and telling someone apparently doesn't work).
It is also reasonable to believe that employing retired police and military personnel to shoot back immediately instead of waiting for the uniformed police to arrive and count the bodies will reduce the casualties in school shootings and eventually decrease the frequency of them. Schools being kept "gun free zones" will never work. Shooters are attracted to gun free zones simply because they exist.
Simply posting con talking points with NO impartial sources just shows you to be a con troll and stupid. Which is an oxymoron.
In many cases, mass shootings in gun free zones ocured with armed guards, dipshit. The gun free designation was there to keep the public from being armed. Because, you see, the fact is that in almost no cases have people with guns simply do nothing to help the situation. Though they do complicate the situation for police, who do not know who is the shooter and who is the ls the guy carrying a concealed weapon. Which gets the concealed weapon and the cop shot. And makes everyone tentative. Which explains, me boy, why only con trolls and the nra the only ones who think gun free zones are bad.

Why then do we never see signs proudly proclaiming a private residence to be a gun free zone?

--LOL sure pal

You might mention that while they may not be "attracted", it seems they prefer gun free zones.

Mass Shooters Prefer Gun-Free Zones

As a typical con troll, you use a nut case crazy con web site, the Daily Signal, as your source. About as crazy as if I provided a link to moveon.org to prove a point. But then, I would not, because I have integrity. You, on the other hand, have none.

LOL! You're such a fool. Most people here know I'm a true Progressive/Bernie supporter who rejected the Corporate Whore in the general election. I happily reject the lies that you and the other trollers here put forth.

And if you're going to reject a site because YOU think it's unworthy, you'll never know that the site was quoting a study done by Stanford University...not known as a Conservative source. You may continue to wallow in your ignorance. I don't have time for stupid people. Stanford University–“Mass shooters prefer gun free zones”

Then perhaps I should reword my statement. Shooters may not be attracted to gun free zones, but they likely use the knowledge that their targets are in a gun free zone to strengthen rather than weaken their resolve to carry out the shooting.

Except at government buildings and airports, I ignore the no-firearms signs and walk right in.

So you say. But no impartial study agrees with you. So, is it you or the studies I should believe. HMMMMM. You loose.

There are very few if any studies showing that the public carrying guns stopped mass killings. And in most cases, there were armed guards in locations where mass killings took place. Just the general public was kept from having guns. But, if you were there, and pulled a pistol, you would most likely be shot. Either by the nut case shooter, or the police, or by other nut case carry advocates.

You write nice fiction.

this is the mindset of every lefty activist:View attachment 179998

No Hog it doesnt seem like we're living in the sixties.
We didnt have school shootings in the sixties ya fuken moron.
What a weak ass attempt to try and tie the Little Rascals protest to the sixties.
The children of America have shown that the generation of Americans,DO HAVE A BACK BONE

Brains would be more useful.

i dont know about Australia but here in the United States begging to having your freedoms taken away

by men with guns does not sound like "having a back bone"

sound more like "brainwashed parrot "

Funny how ignorant con trolls like you are, me boy. Truth is, most australian gun guys think americans are incapable of using a gun. They need a shot or two, but con trolls think they need 20 or 30. So, me boy, it is the american con trolls who are the joke to them.
In the us, cons need an ar to pretend they are tough. To the rest of the world, cons are simply childish clowns. Needing to have an ar to shoot refrigerators and buicks at the local dump. And maybe blow a few rock chucks away. But they do way better with a good bolt action properly chambered. One for crocks, another for rodents.
And, while the us sees hundreds killed every year by nut cases with assault rifles, they simply outlawed them in 1997. And have had no mass killings since then. Here, we see hundreds killed yearly in mass killings, in Australia they see 0 (as in ZERO). Now, the question is, who are the smart ones. They still have guns, but no mass killings. We have more guns, and HUNDREDS OF MASS KILLINGS. And cons would rather have the mass killings. Because they do not care.

this is the mindset of every lefty activist:View attachment 179998

No Hog it doesnt seem like we're living in the sixties.
We didnt have school shootings in the sixties ya fuken moron.
What a weak ass attempt to try and tie the Little Rascals protest to the sixties.
The children of America have shown that the generation of Americans,DO HAVE A BACK BONE

Brains would be more useful.

i dont know about Australia but here in the United States begging to having your freedoms taken away

by men with guns does not sound like "having a back bone"

sound more like "brainwashed parrot "

Funny how ignorant con trolls like you are, me boy. Truth is, most australian gun guys think americans are incapable of using a gun. They need a shot or two, but con trolls think they need 20 or 30. So, me boy, it is the american con trolls who are the joke to them.
In the us, cons need an ar to pretend they are tough. To the rest of the world, cons are simply childish clowns. Needing to have an ar to shoot refrigerators and buicks at the local dump. And maybe blow a few rock chucks away. But they do way better with a good bolt action properly chambered. One for crocks, another for rodents.
And, while the us sees hundreds killed every year by nut cases with assault rifles, they simply outlawed them in 1997. And have had no mass killings since then. Here, we see hundreds killed yearly in mass killings, in Australia they see 0 (as in ZERO). Now, the question is, who are the smart ones. They still have guns, but no mass killings. We have more guns, and HUNDREDS OF MASS KILLINGS. And cons would rather have the mass killings. Because they do not care.

I love when trolls pretend to be from other parts of the world. They are so easily spotted and ignored.

Forum List

Back