Can Trump build the wall without Congress?

I was listening to someone on the radio contend that Trump does NOT need Congressional approval to build the wall. According to them, Departments within the Executive Branch routinely take out loans that never get paid. Additionally, Executive power has expanded to the point that a President can now rule by edict.

They even pointed to the fact that budget cuts could be made within the massive 4rth Branch of government to raise funds.

I think they are right, only, the question becomes if Trump really wanted the wall in the first place, or was it all demagoguery?

Obviously, the GOP had two years to get it done and passed, so they don't want the wall.

When in the last two years has the GOP had 60 votes in the Senate?

Reconciliation Spanky.

Why is it they can force health care down our collective throats using it but not the wall?

It's a question of will. They wanted one but not the other.

No matter, the Dims are in full control now so can Trump bypass them?
Yes, let's allow a mentally disturbed maniac to rule by edict. I'm sure you would love to see Comrade Trump annoited King For Life, right pinhead?

No he doesn't need Congressional Approval to build it, it's already an existing program account on the books of Executive Branch Agencies (primarily DHS and DoD) and there is no need to "take out loans". The Executive Branch has budgetary transfer and re-programming authority to move funds (within limits specified by statute) from program account(s) to other program account(s) within the same Executive Branch Agency or across Agencies, in other words take money out of X, Y and Z program accounts and move it N program account to fund N program and then "re-program" X, Y and Z program accounts to reflect the alterations (i.e. modify timelines, standards, payments, etc..,).

It's pretty routine stuff for the Agencies of the Executive.

Of course blatantly abusing that authority invites retribution by the keepers of the purse strings when it comes around to appropriations time.

Bullshit.

I was listening to someone on the radio contend that Trump does NOT need Congressional approval to build the wall. According to them, Departments within the Executive Branch routinely take out loans that never get paid. Additionally, Executive power has expanded to the point that a President can now rule by edict.

They even pointed to the fact that budget cuts could be made within the massive 4rth Branch of government to raise funds.

I think they are right, only, the question becomes if Trump really wanted the wall in the first place, or was it all demagoguery?

Obviously, the GOP had two years to get it done and passed, so they don't want the wall.

When in the last two years has the GOP had 60 votes in the Senate?

Reconciliation Spanky.

Why is it they can force health care down our collective throats using it but not the wall?

Yes, let's allow a mentally disturbed maniac to rule by edict. I'm sure you would love to see Comrade Trump annoited King For Life, right pinhead?

With the Swamp in full control and overturning elections and initiating coups, what does it matter?

No he doesn't need Congressional Approval to build it, it's already an existing program account on the books of Executive Branch Agencies (primarily DHS and DoD) and there is no need to "take out loans". The Executive Branch has budgetary transfer and re-programming authority to move funds (within limits specified by statute) from program account(s) to other program account(s) within the same Executive Branch Agency or across Agencies, in other words take money out of X, Y and Z program accounts and move it N program account to fund N program and then "re-program" X, Y and Z program accounts to reflect the alterations (i.e. modify timelines, standards, payments, etc..,).

Of course blatantly abusing that authority invites retribution by the keepers of the purse strings when it comes around to appropriations time.

Bullshit.

Thank you for that delightfully insightful and thought provoking rebuttal.

Given such a dazzling performance, I fully expect that the next time I see you it'll be on a stage leading the Harvard National Debate Team.:rolleyes:

Bullshit.

Given such a dazzling performance, I fully expect that the next time I see you it'll be on a stage leading the Harvard National Debate Team.:rolleyes:

Well you can't argue with bullpoo. After all, it's dark and brown and stinks and just lays there and stares at you.

Part of a compromise to end the shutdown could mean Chuck U and Pelousy look the other way if Trump can get money from his other agencies. They couldn't care less if there's a Wall or not...it's all about power with them. So don't be surprised if Trump supposedly "settles" for less than he's asking for and then gets some money elsewhere.

Part of a compromise to end the shutdown could mean Chuck U and Pelousy look the other way if Trump can get money from his other agencies. They couldn't care less if there's a Wall or not...it's all about power with them. So don't be surprised if Trump supposedly "settles" for less than he's asking for and then gets some money elsewhere.

No, the issue is the wall itself.

IF Trump used his own money the judicial branch would sue him and win.

That's how important an open border is with these people.

Bullshit.

Well you can't argue with bullpoo. After all, it's dark and brown and stinks and just lays there and stares at you.

Spoken like one with years of experience and extensive training on the substance.

… In other news, a newly released study has determined that even in the Information Age, for many, ignorance still remains bliss.

I call em like I see em....you're talking out of your ass and you know it.

True, but they're losing the PR battle....imagine if there was a major terrorist attack that was traced back to the team coming in over the southern border....the Dims would get trashed even by their media protectors. They don't want the Wall because it would be a Trump win....the moment it's called a "fence" they'll shrug and walk away.

True, but they're losing the PR battle....imagine if their was a major terrorist attack that was traced back to the team coming in over the southern border....the Dims would get trashed even by their media protectors. They don't want the Wall because it would be a Trump win....the moment it's called a "fence" they'll shrug and walk away.

No, as we have seen, the GOP does not want the wall either.

So why does neither party want the wall, even though the GOP must still pretend they want it?

The only answer is the power and influence of drug lords in US politics.

And it may be understandable, depending how much danger their loved ones might be in if they don't do as they want.

A wall?

Really?

Don’t you think Republicans would get tired of the world laughing at them?

I believe he can do so, all he has to do is claim National Security. Even the courts would have a difficult time preventing him if he claims National Security, and with all the mounting evidence, it is clear it IS a National Security by any definition, as it were, the caravan was a great piece of evidence to this argument (not that it was needed really),

You have illegal substances, human trafficking, the risks of people who take the long trek, terrorists and God knows what running across your border. A wall could cut down 90%+ of this, even more with additional measures.

A wall?

Really?

Don’t you think Republicans would get tired of the world laughing at them?

200 people a day die in the US because of drugs coming across the border, and only you seem to be laughing.

But I reckon it helps with carbon emissions and helps reduce the evil white race to boot, so it's a win/win for Dims.

No, as we have seen, the GOP does not want the wall either.

So why does neither party want the wall, even though the GOP must still pretend they want it?

The only answer is the power and influence of drug lords in US politics.

And it may be understandable, depending how much danger their loved ones might be in if they don't do as they want.

C'mon...it's understood the Chamber of Commerce GOPers don't want the Wall....nothing new there...but they're terrified of what Trump can do to them in a tweet. The will was there but the votes in the Senate weren't...the Rats stick together like the good little commies they are.

Only if you guys get down there on the border and built it yourself, of course with the landowners permission.

I call em like I see em....you're talking out of your ass and you know it.

Yet more insightful commentary, congratulations! you're a veritable fountain of reason which, I suspect, provides a much needed boost to your self image.

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." -- George Carlin

Reconciliation Spanky.

"Spanky"? who the fuck is Spanky? The Rats had 60 Senate votes....it had nothing to do with "will" ,and the Rats don't have control of anything...any budget they propose can be vetoed by the President and they don't have anywhere near the 2/3 for an override.
/----/ Spanky is third from the left. You must be about 20 years old if you don't know.
iu

Only if you guys get down there on the border and built it yourself, of course with the landowners permission.

Another favorite lie from the Rats....the US owns the borderline....at least a 30' wide strip of it. Landowners that border that strip can use it but don't own it. Chertoff built 632 miles of fence and nobody stopped him because they'd get laughed out of court.

Forum List

Back