Can We Agree?

Perhaps you could explain how permitting those on the public dole the honor of working for it, and for the reinstatement of their privilege to vote follows Nazi thought.

Well first off 1/2 of that shit would be unconstitutional ! Then there's the racist part. Then there's the parts that logistically wouldnt work .

None of it is unconstitutional, nor racist. What would not work logistically?

You don't think it's unconstitutional to deny someone the right to vote because they are on bennies ?

Why not say "no guns if you get benefits " ? Sell your Guns ! No, we get "rims".

We deny convicted felons the right to vote. It can be done

-Geaux

Cause they are felons ! They can't own guns either .

Here's some of the gems after the 2nd amendment . Not that conservatives care .

19th:
The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

on account of sex.

Is someone trying to deny their right to vote based on sex?

Perhaps you could explain how permitting those on the public dole the honor of working for it, and for the reinstatement of their privilege to vote follows Nazi thought.

Well first off 1/2 of that shit would be unconstitutional ! Then there's the racist part. Then there's the parts that logistically wouldnt work .

You don't think it's unconstitutional to deny someone the right to vote because they are on bennies ?

Why not say "no guns if you get benefits " ? Sell your Guns ! No, we get "rims".

-Geaux

19th:
The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

Indeed. It says a vote may not be denied due to noted specific reasons.

It does NOT define a specific "right to vote".

It says "right to vote " . And under the 14th we all have equal protection . 15th , protectss against racial discrimination .

Think of the 2nd . Ya righties love to quote "right to bear arms ".

It says "right to vote " . And under the 14th we all have equal protection . 15th , protectss against racial discrimination .

. Ya righties love to quote "right to bear arms ".

I seem to remember restrictions on that right.

Age, criminal record, mental health, etc

Post the pertinent defied right to vote from the Constitution. Don't be stupid about it.

So, we don't have an actual source for a letter. Say it isn't so.
You can bet it was written by some lazy welfare queen the likes of our own Templar Kormac.

Notice how it punishes disabled vets and elderly who worked their whole lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it's always an all or nothing deal. It sounds more like some crap that is sent through email.

Timmy want a laugh....

Fact Check: Rant on welfare abuse hits home with Internet admirers

Times-Union readers want to know:

An email I received recounts this letter by a 21-year-old female that was published in the Waco, Texas, newspaper. The email starts off: “Put me in charge of food stamps. I’d get rid of Lone Star cards. No cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho’s, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese, and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.” Is this for real?

Yes, the letter was published in the Nov. 18, 2010, edition of the Waco Tribune Herald. But it wasn’t written by a 21-year-old female. Just the opposite.

Alfred W. Evans, a 56-year-old resident of Gatesville, Texas, wrote the letter to the editor hoping to get others incensed about welfare abuse. What he didn’t expect, according to an interview with him in the Tribune Herald in November 2012, was that the letter would be emailed across the country and become an Internet phenomenon.

Evans told the newspaper that he doesn’t oppose all government assistance; his beef is with people who abuse the system. He said he doesn’t even have a problem with tattoos, of which his wife has several. What he opposes is people who take government money and then use their own cash to get tattoos.

For real though. She helped show the blind how to see with clear logic.

Quite refreshing

-Geaux

Not really. What do you think is going to happen to the people that worked for Carrier?
You want people to work for about $2.50/hr which you cannot survive on so that the execs can make a few more dollars.

I remember when one of the steel mills shut down and laid off hella workers and the pension was stolen. Everyday people screwed that never in a million years thought they would need help.

Offshoring jobs?

What in the hell do you think happens to people?

Are there people that abuse the system? Yep.

But that which you posted is a bunch of nonsense.

Hats off to ever this young lady was. Bravo :clap:

-Geaux
------------------

This was written by an unnamed 21 yr. old female who gets it. It's her future she's worried about and this is how she feels about the social welfare big government state that she's being forced to live in! These solutions are just common sense in her opinion.

PUT ME IN CHARGE . . ..

Put me in charge of food stamps no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine. If you want to use drugs, alcohol, or smoke, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your "home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22-inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the "common good."

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self-esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self-esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

AND While you are on Gov't subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes, that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov't welfare check . If you want to vote, then get a job .

This sounds just like all the politicians. It doesn't sound like a sensible plan, it sounds like she's been told what to think, and then she's regurgitating what she's been told by political adverts over the last 10 years or so.

"You're free!"

"Yes, I am free"

-Geaux
------------------

This was written by an unnamed 21 yr. old female who gets it. It's her future she's worried about and this is how she feels about the social welfare big government state that she's being forced to live in! These solutions are just common sense in her opinion.

PUT ME IN CHARGE . . ..

Put me in charge of food stamps no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine. If you want to use drugs, alcohol, or smoke, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your "home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22-inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the "common good."

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self-esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self-esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

AND While you are on Gov't subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes, that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov't welfare check . If you want to vote, then get a job .

This sounds just like all the politicians. It doesn't sound like a sensible plan, it sounds like she's been told what to think, and then she's regurgitating what she's been told by political adverts over the last 10 years or so.

"You're free!"

"Yes, I am free"

Why do some think the people on welfare are entitled to luxuries afforded by the employed, and not just basic substance?

-Geaux

She wants to punish people without trial for making some unspecified "bad choices", put them in concentration camps and even take the wheels off their cars so they can't look for a job.

What a fucking idiot.

So, we don't have an actual source for a letter. Say it isn't so.
You can bet it was written by some lazy welfare queen the likes of our own Templar Kormac b

Notice how it punishes disabled vets and elderly who worked their whole lives.

My elderly (near 90) Mom has paid 20% in tax on capital gains against part of her life's work and savings to the government these last two years.

Who's doing the punishing, you say?

20% on the "gains". What'd she gain and what'd she pay ?

Paid roughly 100K against a gain of roughly 500K. Sale of stock.

Damn! Grandmas doing pretty good!

You call that good?
Anyone who actually worked for a living should have at least that in their old age.
You still live paycheck to paycheck dont you Timmy?

-Geaux

19th:

I cant believe you actually posted that...

-Geaux
------------------

PUT ME IN CHARGE . . ..

"You're free!"

"Yes, I am free"

Why do some think the people on welfare are entitled to luxuries afforded by the employed, and not just basic substance?

-Geaux

My point didn't really have anything to do with your reply.

To answer your question, I don't think those who don't work should be entitled to luxuries at all.

However to return to my point, the person is regurgitating what has been force fed her. Solutions for the problem of welfare are not as simple as what she's making out. There's not much thinking going on at all. That's why I have a problem with what has been said.

-Geaux
------------------

PUT ME IN CHARGE . . ..

"You're free!"

"Yes, I am free"

-Geaux

My point didn't really have anything to do with your reply.

To answer your question, I don't think those who don't work should be entitled to luxuries at all.

However to return to my point, the person is regurgitating what has been force fed her. Solutions for the problem of welfare are not as simple as what she's making out. There's not much thinking going on at all. That's why I have a problem with what has been said.

I say we should implement the changes while we figure a better approach for all. Its kind of like stop the bleeding, then treat the symptom

-Geaux

Check out all of the left wing patronizing racist losers all disagreeing with logic. There is literally nothing you can do to convince them of anything. They are all losers. They deserve to be hated.

Check out all of the left wing patronizing racist losers all disagreeing with logic. There is literally nothing you can do to convince them of anything. They are all losers. They deserve to be hated.

Liberals have a fundamental problem with reasoning. It's a disease that may have no cure.

-Geaux

She's clueless, mouthing soundbites from all the right wing sites, with no thought of her own....

Honestly, anybody can do that.....

No, not if their liberal they can't. She speaks basic logical truth that I support. Trust me, if the consequence is hard enough, welfare and crime would be reduced. Even a loserbaral would rather work in a fast food joint than to whack weeds on the side of the road with Sheriff Joe

-Geaux

Forum List

Back