Can we stop blaming one party over the other about our do-nothing congress?

I sure do dude. And you sure as fuck don't. But then it has been that way since you started posting.

Besides that, you are the one using "caveat" as some sort of qualifier for Congressional action. Or inaction.

So what are these "caveats" you mentioned?

Uhh, I was referring to what the implications of his post, not congress. For pete's sake, learn to read.

First he blames both parties, then attacks republicans. Then he says "I don't favor dems, but they are the lesser of two evils."

Got it now?

Dont be stupid about this. Just because I put more criticism on the GOP, doesn't mean i don't think dems have contributed.

Both democrats and republicans are to blame for this least productive congress in history. I'm sick of partisan hacks blaming one party over the other. Both parties are useless right now. The democrats were useless when they controlled both houses, and the republicans did nothing to fix things when they took control of the House.

me thinks ol billy boo boo is trying to eliminate his ultra liberal stance and gain favor with us Conservatives......, ain't gonna happen. :up:

There is nothing "ultra" about my liberal stance. I don't care what you cons think. Most of you are dumb (not all of you).

Both democrats and republicans are to blame for this least productive congress in history. I'm sick of partisan hacks blaming one party over the other. Both parties are useless right now. The democrats were useless when they controlled both houses, and the republicans did nothing to fix things when they took control of the House.
Oh c'mon man, don't kill my buzz!

I'm tired of hearing this is a fault of "Congress"

The media is being bullied by Conservatives that they are not fair in their coverage. The blame for the "Do nothing" Congress lies with Republicans alone. It is a stated Republican policy, a gridlocked Congress is celebrated by Conservative media

The media is being bullied by Conservatives that they are not fair in their coverage. The blame for the "Do nothing" Congress lies with Republicans alone. It is a stated Republican policy, a gridlocked Congress is celebrated by Conservative media

Gridlock is the only weapon when you have a moron in the White House.

If he was such a moron, Republicans would have been able to kick his ass in negotiations

Instead, they have played the game...

If we don't get to make the rules, then nobody can

Well one can't forget how ineffective the dems were prior to Repubs taking over the House.

In my mind, this failure of government does not mean the idea of government is an inherent failure. Not even close.

Who said we think "government is an inherent failure" precisely? Are you working off stereotypes of libertarians? There's a difference between limited government and no government. Without government there is total anarchy. With too much government there is tyranny. Rather cut and paste to tell you the truth.

I do understand what libertarianism means. However, that is not how libertarians talk. I am hard pressed to find a libertarian who understands the importance of the federal government's role. There is too much talk on limiting its role. In reality, the federal government has shrunk in recent years.

I'm sorry, with all the spying, wars and ACA I'm wondering what powers the federal Government repealed?

Well no.

History doesn't favor this position either.

And it's really a conservative/liberal thing.

Conservatives despise our form of government.

I really don't think it is a conservative/liberal thing. This congress has passed fewer bills than any other in US history.

You may hold that opinion but yeah it is a conservative/liberal thing.

Conservatives do not like democracy. They do not like sharing power. Never have.

More far left propaganda especially based off of Reid's actions of late.

I sure do dude. And you sure as fuck don't. But then it has been that way since you started posting.

Besides that, you are the one using "caveat" as some sort of qualifier for Congressional action. Or inaction.

So what are these "caveats" you mentioned?

Uhh, I was referring to what the implications of his post, not congress. For pete's sake, learn to read.

First he blames both parties, then attacks republicans. Then he says "I don't favor dems, but they are the lesser of two evils."

Got it now?

Dont be stupid about this. Just because I put more criticism on the GOP, doesn't mean i don't think dems have contributed.

You mean that you did not celebrate when Reid did the nuclear option?

Nothing but far left propaganda all the way around in those comments.

Didn't the far left say the same thing when Bush was in office?

If he was such a moron, Republicans would have been able to kick his ass in negotiations

Instead, they have played the game...

If we don't get to make the rules, then nobody can

Is that a quote from Reid and Obama?

You are far left which is in charge of the Democrats, thus you are a Demonrat.

I don't get it. What makes me far left? I doubt you can even separate the two.

I can, I know you can't.

Do you believe in wealth redistribution via the government?

No, but I definitely believe in raising taxes on the wealthy. I don't deserve nor want their money. Most liberals will tell you that. I have never met a liberal who didn't believe in the idea of a wealthy class.

In my mind, this failure of government does not mean the idea of government is an inherent failure. Not even close.

Who said we think "government is an inherent failure" precisely? Are you working off stereotypes of libertarians? There's a difference between limited government and no government. Without government there is total anarchy. With too much government there is tyranny. Rather cut and paste to tell you the truth.

I do understand what libertarianism means. However, that is not how libertarians talk. I am hard pressed to find a libertarian who understands the importance of the federal government's role. There is too much talk on limiting its role. In reality, the federal government has shrunk in recent years.

Where has the government shrunk? Bush put in place one of the largest increases of government in recent years with the DHS and TSA. These are still in place with Obama. In fact, I can't think of any government agency, department, bureau, etc shrinking.

Forum List

Back