🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 Can We Truly Love Each Other As Much As Jesus Loves Us?

Asking because I saw a Gif that specifically said that "I love you like Jesus does" or as much as Jesus does and that's when I started thinking how that was possible. I flat out told my fiancee as much as I love you I'm not sure if I would die on a cross for you. Of course if it was me instead of him I probably would but still, I definitely wouldn't want to.
How do you know Jesus loves you? And if he does , how to you quantify how much?

No one is save to be saved. And everyone always - and perhaps even longer - has all chances to be saved. The important thing is to be on the way direction East(er) = "to be oriented" when the new day, the new life, will come.

Huh?

Why would He die on the cross for us if He didn't love us?

It has been said that Jesus is the epitome of unconditional love but he'll burn you in Hell for eternity for various minor sins and transgressions. Doesn't really make sense. If you want to be loved like that then get a dog.
When you sin, you change yourself.. sin changes you and you are not capable of receiving grace until you repent, hopefully get sacramentally absolved (by a real priest) and pray, pray, pray to get the ugly stain of sin off your soul.

Jesus said that the Way to Heaven is Narrow and there are few who get there (Mt 7, Lk 13)

We cannot love without the Spirit of Christ in us... and even then, our human self gets in the way.

Until the US turns back to Jesus, this country is doomed

When you sin, you change yourself.. sin changes you and you are not capable of receiving grace until you repent, hopefully get sacramentally absolved (by a real priest) and pray, pray, pray to get the ugly stain of sin off your soul.

Jesus said that the Way to Heaven is Narrow and there are few who get there (Mt 7, Lk 13)
I grew up in an environment where "sins" were punished with dad's belt. It was not exactly a cult but it was close. I have no stains on my soul that were not put there by holy roller assholes trying to beat Jesus into me. Not even going to talk about the molesters. Sometimes religion just doesn't work out for some people. Sometimes it damages them terribly.

... the violent Jesus of Revelation ...

Ahm ... sorry: But it is said the author of the revelation was tortured and boiled in oil. He survived this tortures which had been the real violence in this context. Now tell me please what you think about when you use the phrase "violent Jesus of Revelation". What is this?

Last edited:

The love of Jesus makes us light so we never stand really on the floor; we stand always a promille of a millimeter over the ground. If you calculate this now in Joule then you will see Jesus loves every pound with an anti-pound + abeyance constant - that's called the Jesus-Joule. So Jesus loves us a little more than we weigh - perhaps some billions or trillions Jesus-Joule more than it needs.

„Wenn die Seele etwas erfahren möchte, dann wirft sie ein Bild der Erfahrung vor sich nach außen und tritt in ihr eigenes Bild ein.“
Meister Eckhart
"When the soul wants to experience something, it casts an image of the experience outward before it and enters into its own image."

Why would He die on the cross for us if He didn't love us?

He tested whether the cross will really stand or fall.

Last edited:
Christians do not sponsore violence.
This guy explains what I'm talking about

I meant God not Jesus but aren't they one and the same?

Point is, there is the loving God of the Gospels and then there's the God of Revelations. Love vs Justice.

Today's American Christian right seem more about the God of Revelations.

The love of Jesus makes us light so we never stand really on the floor; we stand always a promille of a millimeter over the ground. If you calculate this now in Joule then you will see Jesus loves every pound with an anti-pound + abeyance constant - that's called the Jesus-Joule. So Jesus loves us a little more than we weigh - perhaps some billions or trillions Jesus-Joule more than it needs.

No one can float off the ground

I will watch this video loter but in generla you should know what you speak about and you should be able to explain what this means. Tinned food is not tasty.

Point is, there is the loving God of the Gospels and then there's the God of Revelations. Love vs Justice.

I do not know what you call "American Christians right" - Donald Trump for example is no Christian at all - never had been - and I don't know what you call "God of revelations". This are empty phrases for me.

I will watch this video loter but in generla you should know what you speak about and you should be able to explain what this means. Tinned food is not tasty.

I do not know what you call "American Christians right" - Donald Trump for example is no Christian at all - never had been - and I don't know what you call "God of revelations". This are empty phrases for me.
Watch the interview.

The only distinction between the God of Justice and the God of love

exists in the fallen minds of human beings and not God. God is both, wehther anyone fully understands that or not.

Why did he believe that God had forsaken him and wonder as to its purpose?
i say Jesus FELT God had abandoned Him. And I say He 'had to' feel that way because WE would feel that way and He knew we would (both Father and Son knew we would). He became us, so that there is nothing we could possibly go through that He could not understand... and "fix"

• Wow
Reactions: cnm
It is impossible to love others as Jesus loves them. I have experienced Jesus's unconditional, healing love and it blew me away because ... sin (I thought I had to get rid of all mine... a thought acquired from a faulty childhood...).

I have moments in which I feel the same kind of love for others that Jesus does (sort of), but those are moments of prayer and they never seem to last long because... sin (other people's)

Sometimes it is nearly impossible to see beyond a person's sins. That's why we pray for them, so God can love them since we kind of cannot.

Forum List

Back