Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
I canā€™t !! Utterly impossible
My political views are the ethos of my being
. Anyone with opposing views I canā€™t like or associate

What about you

My uncle and I are great friends and he's a Democrat and old school hardcore communist. Even though he currently lives way out west in Kalifornia, we still have lengthy phone calls 2 or 3 times/week. I've even been to several communist party events and got to know many of his commie friends.

When I was only 16 years old back in 1983 he actually took me to China for an event put on by the CCP. Basically he tried to recruit me into the communist party when I was very young and impressionable. Not many Americans went to China back in 1983.

One of my dearest friends and drinking buddies is a Trumpster. We have a great time when we get together, absolutely freakin' guaranteed. How do we do it? Both of us are intelligent and thoughtful and respectful enough to listen, either find points of agreement or discuss other things. Our lives are not consumed by this ugly stuff.

And really, I don't even know if intelligence has anything to do with it. It's just about how you choose to treat people in real life. Appreciate the stuff you like about them. Realize that we all have our own experiences, perspectives and priorities. It doesn't need to be all that tough. The Golden Rule, and all.

Last edited:
My best buddy is a full fledged pinko. He isnt as bad as some of them on here though. Like all the groomers and pedo defenders..
We dont talk about politics.

The only situation where it 100% wouldn't work would be with the hard hard leftist who believes that their viewpoint is the only valid viewpoint.

I don't see many SJW wokeists having friends outside their political circles.

I've had a few dem friends over the years but none of them became good friends.
It's even less likely now with the way dems are acting,back when dems basically wanted the same things but wanted to go about it differently I could deal with them.
Nowadays they've gone off the rails and I really dont want anything to do with them.
If they can vote for the things dems support we live in two different worlds.

Forum List

Back