Can You Imagine Intense Summer Storm Knocks Out Power In Baltimore.Delays In Restoring Power.

well even if power goes out during the peak of the summer in Baltimore, I am pretty sure all hell breaks loose again when power doesn't get restored in one hour. even I cannot phathom not being able to use my gadgets or "EBT" cards for 24 hours.
worst case scenerio, then plumbing goes out, what will the locals do next?

well even if power goes out during the peak of the summer in Baltimore, I am pretty sure all hell breaks loose again when power doesn't get restored in one hour. even I cannot phathom not being able to use my gadgets or "EBT" cards for 24 hours.

Uh -- collectively find water. Is this a trick question?

Have you never been in a natural disaster situation? If your plumbing/electricity/infrastructure goes down, your priorities become both very basic and universal. And maybe more to the point, so do the priorities of the police. They're gonna be way too busy to be hassling people. Everybody pulls together. There's no issue here.

Have you never been in a natural disaster situation? If your plumbing/electricity/infrastructure goes down, your priorities become both very basic and universal. And maybe more to the point, so do the priorities of the police. They're gonna be way too busy to be hassling people. Everybody pulls together. There's no issue here.
No there isn't............the basics prevail...............food, water and shelter have always been the key elements of a natural disaster..............

and for those without any electricity and no generators..................BLOCK PARTY..................FIRE UP THE GRILL and EAT till you POP.....................before the food goes bad...........................Had generators for the last storms and a well......................so we did pretty good..................

back in 79 Frederick....................We ate like kings for a couple of days.............as did everyone around us,.............

LOL

if Baltimore had always been run by Republicans, the town would be much more prepared for anything, but look at it now being its been managed by democrats for decades, all of those empty/rotting apartments, and no economy. its a time bomb waiting to go off someday, and look who's running the country, there is no money to rebuild any city now.

if Baltimore had always been run by Republicans, the town would be much more prepared for anything, but look at it now being its been managed by democrats for decades, all of those empty/rotting apartments, and no economy. its a time bomb waiting to go off someday, and look who's running the country, there is no money to rebuild any city now.

What a load of unmitigated partisan hackery horseshit.

Once again for the umpteenth time, "Democrat", "Republican", "left", "right", "liberal" or "conservative" have nothing to do with running a city. These are philosophies for a scale just slightly bigger than deciding which day the freaking trash gets picked up, which is what running a city amounts to.

Baltimore, like any other city, has been run by Republicans (and the unaffiliated) at times in the past, and it had riots then too. Whatever sociological challenges cities go through, and there are many, are just that -- sociocultural evolution. Trying to pin this tail on a donkey (or an elephant) just makes you look profoundly stupid.

I guess thats why Republican run states are some of the most poverty stricken in the nation. :laugh:

I guess thats why Republican run states are some of the most poverty stricken in the nation. :laugh:
like Texas and Florida?

like Texas and Florida?
No like the top ten poorest states in the union.

It s a Fact Republican Run Red States Have America s Highest Poverty Rates

I have been in Florida since 1990, the only areas I have seen poverty stricken is fort pierce and on the way to kissimmee/orlando/okkeechobbe lake and suberbs of Tampa. but overall, we are doing fine here. at least we dont have a 20% unemployment rate here like California.

Forum List

Back