Canada steps into a more intelligent era.

Today, Canada has decriminalized a natural substance that never should have been repressed legally. Thousands have suffered from illogical, hypocritical laws. It is time for other civilized nations to follow suit.
Congratulations to our great northern neighbor.
Nothing says success like turning your country into a nation of stoned, lazy pot heads, with zero ambition. ... :thup:

Hey I'm okay with a bunch of stoned canadians. It'll just weaken them.
And by the way,I smoke a little weed on occasion.

Cool. And no one should hassle you when you do.

I have no problem with a society determining that a particular level of harm is too much for society to bear and criminalizing that level of harm. Opium, for example, devastated China before the Opium Wars.

But once you've established an acceptable level of harm, anything LESS harmful than that should also be legal. If going 65 mph is legal....then going 63 should be too.

And there's no credible argument that weed isn't less harmful than alcohol. Canada is making a smart decision.

In Harris county Texas weed has been decriminalised.
4 ounces or less wont get you jail time but it will get you a fine if you're a repeat offender.

My biggest problem with legal weed is I know what it does to motivation and some cant control the urges.
I learned early that if I had stuff to do I better not wake and bake. Some dont have the ability to see that effect.

Weed definitely does sap motivation. But in terms of harm, its way, way, way below alcohol....a level of harm we've determined is perfectly acceptable.

The social costs of criminalization are way higher than the social costs of weed. Hell, the only in person from a weed smoker is the guy standing in front of the doritos.

Agreed as far as health effects.
Weed is far less damaging when it comes to driving as well.
I'll go back to the motivation killer that it is though.
I remember the days of smoking a joint at the bus stop with my Buds....and deciding I didnt feel like going to school after words and ditching for the day.

You won't get an ounce of argument from me on the motivation angle. I just don't think that the motivation angle remotely comes close to the social cost of criminalization. Both in terms of liberty, the financial cost, or the human cost of broken families, violence and lost potential.

I can agree with that to a certain extent.
I prefer what Harris county did. That way you dont go to jail and you dont lose your job and family but there is a penalty.

If I remember correctly there is a requirement that you get drug counseling which isnt a bad thing.

I've never used anything but tobacco and alcohol in my life. Up until now, I was ready to declare using anything else would be over my dead body.

But, with all the gnashing bones and agony from just walking, I just might try a non-smoking form of cannabis. Might be better than using opioids.

Its certainly more subtle. Opiods work great. But they are sometimes like using a chainsaw to cut butter.

Weed is more a butter knife. Though be careful with the edibles.

Meaning what?

[
Today, Canada has decriminalized a natural substance that never should have been repressed legally. Thousands have suffered from illogical, hypocritical laws. It is time for other civilized nations to follow suit.

37 million people preparing to be blithering idiots.
Simpletons like you are the target audience for Reefer Madness.
so is the tipsy one....

Nothing says success like turning your country into a nation of stoned, lazy pot heads, with zero ambition. ... :thup:
pot smokers have been around for years Sunni....its funny how so many of them became pretty dam successful....

Not criminalizing weed means you're smarter.

So you're still claiming smoking weed makes you smart?

Laughing.....is that what I said? Or did I say that not criminalizing weed means you're smarter?

I have no problem with a society determining that a particular level of harm is too much for society to bear and criminalizing that level of harm. Opium, for example, devastated China before the Opium Wars.

But once you've established an acceptable level of harm, anything LESS harmful than that should also be legal. If going 65 mph is legal....then going 63 should be too.

And there's no credible argument that weed isn't less harmful than alcohol. Canada is making a smart decision.

4 ounces or less wont get you jail time but it will get you a fine if you're a repeat offender.

My biggest problem with legal weed is I know what it does to motivation and some cant control the urges.
I learned early that if I had stuff to do I better not wake and bake. Some dont have the ability to see that effect.
And the same is true of liquor – as long as alcohol remains legal, opposing the decriminalization of marijuana is ridiculous, inconsistent hypocrisy.

I have no problem legalizing Pot, nor any other drug. The U.S. War on Drugs is all about growing government, and government power even more. Secure the border, and dismantle the drug enforcement agencies in the U.S.
Paranoid a little bit?

Were i paranoid, i'd claim the gub'mit wants to decriminalize pot in order to keep the masses from rioting and tearing the WH to shreds

~S~

And the same is true of liquor – as long as alcohol remains legal, opposing the decriminalization of marijuana is ridiculous, inconsistent hypocrisy.
no sense of analogy at all...Assuming you really do believe liquor and marijuana are both equally bad for you this is what liberalism teaches us...to learn from ones mistake is ridiculous, inconsistent hypocrisy...
I think they both should be legal [along with many other substances] but I do not see any hypocrisy in keeping them off the shelf if someone feels they pose a danger that may not even be as bad as alcohol or pot.
Besides, with the infinitesimal number of brain cells that are about to meet their doom down the road, there is a reasonable chance no one is going notice the carnage anyway.

Blowing pot smoke into the bodies of children and infants is not intelligent.
The way America is being run is not intelligent.

So you're still claiming smoking weed makes you smart?

Laughing.....is that what I said? Or did I say that not criminalizing weed means you're smarter?

Very few people get up in the morning and start drinking.
While the ol wake and bake is real popular.

I've never used anything but tobacco and alcohol in my life. Up until now, I was ready to declare using anything else would be over my dead body.

But, with all the gnashing bones and agony from just walking, I just might try a non-smoking form of cannabis. Might be better than using opioids.

Its certainly more subtle. Opiods work great. But they are sometimes like using a chainsaw to cut butter.

Weed is more a butter knife. Though be careful with the edibles.

Meaning what?

They are far less controlable for newbies. A little goes a long way.

If you're smoking and you want to regulate your high, you just stop smoking. You'll start coming down within 15 minutes. If you're going with edibles, you're along for the ride. Highs can easily last 6 to 8 hours.

If you're new to weed, I'd go gentle with the edibles.

no sense of analogy at all...Assuming you really do believe liquor and marijuana are both equally bad for you this is what liberalism teaches us...to learn from ones mistake is ridiculous, inconsistent hypocrisy...
I think they both should be legal [along with many other substances] but I do not see any hypocrisy in keeping them off the shelf if someone feels they pose a danger that may not even be as bad as alcohol or pot.
Besides, with the infinitesimal number of brain cells that are about to meet their doom down the road, there is a reasonable chance no one is going notice the carnage anyway.

Alcohol is *way* more dangerous than weed. Which is why criminalizing weed while alcohol is legal makes no sense. Once you've established a legal, acceptable level of harm....anything less harmful should also be legal.

Well one thing it will Dull their minds down enough to buy the Government they have.

I'd probably get high too.

If I had to live in show 8 months a year.

Zzzzzzz Zzz

Wake me when they make cocaine and heroin legal.

Well one thing it will Dull their minds down enough to buy the Government they have.
Isn't that better than being owned by the government?

Forum List

Back