Canada steps into a more intelligent era.

This is nice. Now Canada should brace itself for the cartel-backlash for destroying their market. Look for heroin overdoses to increase and heroin addiction in general to take an exponential curve upward.

Until we understand the link between these economies and the cartels, the same mistake will be made over and over. From my point of view, I'd much rather see kids sneaking off to the corner dealer to buy a baggie of herb than a baggie of black tar. But then again, I'm old fashioned that way. I've just seen and known of too many bodies at the morgue from the latter. Canada should expand their morgues.

If you think Canada has a heroin addiction problem already...bbbbuubbbaby you just ain't seen nnn-nothin' yet..
As if on cue…

Here we have an example of the regressive, reactionary, authoritarian right that keeps America in an era of conservative ignorance and stupidity.

Many states pot has been legal long before Canada, not a big deal in my book. Canada is still way to desolate and cold for me to go back.

It's possible that Canadians don't have much to do in the winter. I wonder how many pot heads they find frozen in the spring.

This is nice. Now Canada should brace itself for the cartel-backlash for destroying their market. Look for heroin overdoses to increase and heroin addiction in general to take an exponential curve upward.

Until we understand the link between these economies and the cartels, the same mistake will be made over and over. From my point of view, I'd much rather see kids sneaking off to the corner dealer to buy a baggie of herb than a baggie of black tar. But then again, I'm old fashioned that way. I've just seen and known of too many bodies at the morgue from the latter. Canada should expand their morgues.

If you think Canada has a heroin addiction problem already...bbbbuubbbaby you just ain't seen nnn-nothin' yet..

Bachman Turner Overdrive - love their music.

Smoking weed makes you smarter? ....who knew?

Not criminalizing weed means you're smarter.

So you're still claiming smoking weed makes you smart?

Laughing.....is that what I said? Or did I say that not criminalizing weed means you're smarter?

Hey I'm okay with a bunch of stoned canadians. It'll just weaken them.
And by the way,I smoke a little weed on occasion.

Laughing.....is that what I said? Or did I say that not criminalizing weed means you're smarter?

Cool. And no one should hassle you when you do.

I have no problem with a society determining that a particular level of harm is too much for society to bear and criminalizing that level of harm. Opium, for example, devastated China before the Opium Wars.

But once you've established an acceptable level of harm, anything LESS harmful than that should also be legal. If going 65 mph is legal....then going 63 should be too.

And there's no credible argument that weed isn't less harmful than alcohol. Canada is making a smart decision.

I'm not opposed legalization, but I have to say…. I hate drugs with a passion. Just today I got myself into a discussion on YouTube with someone about a psychedelic drug, and the person completely misread my first post and thought I was saying something other than what I saying. Even after pointing out to the guy, a couple times, that he misread my post, he kept claiming that I said something I didn't say. Then I thought to myself, this guy is probably a regular drug user…. No wonder he's so slow on the uptake. I don't care if I'm in the minority, doing any type of mind altering drug regularly is retarded. And I don't use that word lightly.

I have no problem with a society determining that a particular level of harm is too much for society to bear and criminalizing that level of harm. Opium, for example, devastated China before the Opium Wars.

But once you've established an acceptable level of harm, anything LESS harmful than that should also be legal. If going 65 mph is legal....then going 63 should be too.

And there's no credible argument that weed isn't less harmful than alcohol. Canada is making a smart decision.

In Harris county Texas weed has been decriminalised.
4 ounces or less wont get you jail time but it will get you a fine if you're a repeat offender.

My biggest problem with legal weed is I know what it does to motivation and some cant control the urges.
I learned early that if I had stuff to do I better not wake and bake. Some dont have the ability to see that effect.

4 ounces or less wont get you jail time but it will get you a fine if you're a repeat offender.

My biggest problem with legal weed is I know what it does to motivation and some cant control the urges.
I learned early that if I had stuff to do I better not wake and bake. Some dont have the ability to see that effect.

Weed definitely does sap motivation. But in terms of harm, its way, way, way below alcohol....a level of harm we've determined is perfectly acceptable.

The social costs of criminalization are way higher than the social costs of weed. Hell, the only in person from a weed smoker is the guy standing in front of the doritos.

I'm not opposed legalization, but I have to say…. I hate drugs with a passion. Just today I got myself into a discussion on YouTube with someone about a psychedelic drug, and the person completely misread my first post and thought I was saying something other than what I saying. Even after pointing out to the guy, a couple times, that he misread my post, he kept claiming that I said something I didn't say. Then I thought to myself, this guy is probably a regular drug user…. No wonder he's so slow on the uptake. I don't care if I'm in the minority, doing any type of mind altering drug regularly is retarded. And I don't use that word lightly.

See, I think that's a perfectly legit perspective. I know folks that feel the same way about alcohol and I certainly feel that way about cigarettes.

All I'm saying is that just because I won't be partaking of something doesn't mean that I should be able to forbid someone else.....as long as that 'something' is less dangerous than what we accept as a reasonable, legal level of harm.

Weed definitely does sap motivation. But in terms of harm, its way, way, way below alcohol....a level of harm we've determined is perfectly acceptable.

The social costs of criminalization are way higher than the social costs of weed. Hell, the only in person from a weed smoker is the guy standing in front of the doritos.

Agreed as far as health effects.
Weed is far less damaging when it comes to driving as well.
I'll go back to the motivation killer that it is though.
I remember the days of smoking a joint at the bus stop with my Buds....and deciding I didnt feel like going to school after words and ditching for the day.

I've never used anything but tobacco and alcohol in my life. Up until now, I was ready to declare using anything else would be over my dead body.

But, with all the gnashing bones and agony from just walking, I just might try a non-smoking form of cannabis. Might be better than using opioids.

Agreed as far as health effects.
Weed is far less damaging when it comes to driving as well.
I'll go back to the motivation killer that it is though.
I remember the days of smoking a joint at the bus stop with my Buds....and deciding I didnt feel like going to school after words and ditching for the day.

You won't get an ounce of argument from me on the motivation angle. I just don't think that the motivation angle remotely comes close to the social cost of criminalization. Both in terms of liberty, the financial cost, or the human cost of broken families, violence and lost potential.

I've never used anything but tobacco and alcohol in my life. Up until now, I was ready to declare using anything else would be over my dead body.

But, with all the gnashing bones and agony from just walking, I just might try a non-smoking form of cannabis. Might be better than using opioids.

Its certainly more subtle. Opiods work great. But they are sometimes like using a chainsaw to cut butter.

Weed is more a butter knife. Though be careful with the edibles.

Forum List

Back