Canadian Court tells dad - The kids aren't yours but you still must pay child support

This is how Canadian law works, I've seen cases that are similar here too. Family law puts the child above the parents, no matter what.

What about a sperm donor for a lesbian couple? They split up and now want him to pay. It's evil. He did them a favor and this is how he is treated.

If it is a private 'donation,' meaning he had sex with one of the women, then he could be held accountable and have to pay support. It's a good reason for people to get sperm donation through a sperm bank: the procedure is not that expensive and the donor will never be required to pay child support. Or, if you go the private donation route, have legal documents drawn up: don't be stupid.

Last edited:
Republicans always go on about "but it's the law". But when it comes to taking care of children, then it's a "burden".

The truth is there is a difference between the "law" and "justice". It's not always fair. This man was married to this woman. He feels betrayed and is hurt. The kids aren't his. But imagine how these children feel. Dad doesn't want them.

This is a situation where there is no "satisfaction". It's ugly from beginning to end.

So, he's considered himself their father for that any years and because of DNA, he doesn't want to help support them?

(Mother is NOT blameless here, mind you)

You can't understand the concept of a man being cuckolded by a cheating whore and not liking it?

Of course, but you don't take it out on the children; you don't stop loving the children you have raised as yours. It is a gift to be a parent, a gift. For many people an undeserved gift. Whether the child is biologically yours or not. He's angry with his wife, hurt, humilated, devastated. That does not mean you turn away from the child who sees you as his/her father.

Republicans always go on about "but it's the law". But when it comes to taking care of children, then it's a "burden".

The truth is there is a difference between the "law" and "justice". It's not always fair. This man was married to this woman. He feels betrayed and is hurt. The kids aren't his. But imagine how these children feel. Dad doesn't want them.

This is a situation where there is no "satisfaction". It's ugly from beginning to end.

I think the dad's a scumbag if he abandons people that he supposedly loved for so long

I think the dad's a scumbag if he abandons people that he supposedly loved for so long

Or in terrible pain. His wife betrayed him. His kids aren't his. Who knows if she turned the children against him? This is just ugly. No way to make a judgement without all the info.

So, he's considered himself their father for that any years and because of DNA, he doesn't want to help support them?

You can't understand the concept of a man being cuckolded by a cheating whore and not liking it?

I don't know that I would ever speak to the mother again... but if I'd spent that long with the kids and had built up a parental level of trust and support? That guy is their Dad and I hope for his sake and the kids sake he embraces the role.

The biological fathers should pay the bills.

Or in terrible pain. His wife betrayed him. His kids aren't his. Who knows if she turned the children against him? This is just ugly. No way to make a judgement without all the info.

We don't need to know all the evidence. The biological fathers should be on the hook for their support.

Of course, but you don't take it out on the children; you don't stop loving the children you have raised as yours. It is a gift to be a parent, a gift. For many people an undeserved gift. Whether the child is biologically yours or not. He's angry with his wife, hurt, humilated, devastated. That does not mean you turn away from the child who sees you as his/her father.

Why should the biological fathers be off the hook?

Why should the biological fathers be off the hook?
More total lack of logic and reading comprehension from the best and the brightest?

I did not say a thing, not a thing, about the biological fathers being off the hook. Not a thing.

No wonder men turn into serial killers. No justice in this world for them

Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules | Canada | News | Calgary Sun

FEBRUARY 06, 2013 04:04 AM MST

MONTREAL - A father has been ordered to pay child support to his ex-wife despite results of DNA testing that found three of the four children he helped raise are not biologically his, a Quebec Superior Court ruled.

The man learned the shocking news after he demanded DNA testing when he and his wife of 16 years separated in April 2010.

His daughters are aged 12, 14, and 16, and his son is nine. DNA testing revealed the son is his only biological child.

To make matters worse, his ex-wife told him his three daughters were all fathered by different men, he said.

He's been fathering these children for 12, 14 and 16 years and suddenly because he's having a tiff with his wife he wants nothing to do with them?

It goes back to old English law, before DNA testing. Children you have while you are married belong to the husband.
how did old english law handle adultery because that's how those kids were born.

He's been fathering these children for 12, 14 and 16 years and suddenly because he's having a tiff with his wife he wants nothing to do with them?

It goes back to old English law, before DNA testing. Children you have while you are married belong to the husband.
how did old english law handle adultery because that's how those kids were born.

If the father ordered DNA testing because he and his wife were getting a divorce, he must have suspected something. Therefore, why didn't he do something about it before? Why stay with a woman you suspect of cheating?

I don't think we want to go back to the way children were treated in England in the old days. It was pretty awful. As far as adultery, probably the wife would be sent packing and the father would keep everything, including the children. Looks like this guy doesn't want his kids anymore. And there would not likely be any stoning or jail time for the adulterer, just put out of the house, divorced and sent on her way with no rights to anything.

If the father ordered DNA testing because he and his wife were getting a divorce, he must have suspected something. Therefore, why didn't he do something about it before? Why stay with a woman you suspect of cheating?

I don't think we want to go back to the way children were treated in England in the old days. It was pretty awful. As far as adultery, probably the wife would be sent packing and the father would keep everything, including the children. Looks like this guy doesn't want his kids anymore. And there would not likely be any stoning or jail time for the adulterer, just put out of the house, divorced and sent on her way with no rights to anything.

Ah, so we use the "good parts" like extorting money, but not the bad parts, like punishment for cheating. Got it.

Benefits, not responsibilities.

We don't need to know all the evidence. The biological fathers should be on the hook for their support.

If she's a "truckstop" tramp, she may not know who they are.

Ah, so we use the "good parts" like extorting money, but not the bad parts, like punishment for cheating. Got it.

Benefits, not responsibilities.

I'm not advocating anything either way. I have said it is the law and has been all along in the US. Apparently that particular law originated in England. Much our our justice system originated in England. I haven't advocated anything.

I don't, however, think the children should be punished for the mother's cheating. It isn't their fault. But for me, the main thing I have a problem with is that a man who was the father to children for 12, 14 and 16 years can simply suddenly dismiss them when he learns they are not his biologically. How can someone do that? How can he just stop loving them from one day to the next because they aren't his blood? It's really awful. Says awful things about him, imo. Angry at his wife? Stop loving his wife? Hate her and want to punish her? That I can understand, but the children? Can't understand putting her crimes on them.

As far as the British justice system not punishing the woman, I am not advocating it one way or the other, just saying what I suspect it would have been. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they did punish adulterers. I think it's unlikely the state would do that; seems rather a thing the church would do.

Last edited:

Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules | Canada | News | Calgary Sun

FEBRUARY 06, 2013 04:04 AM MST

MONTREAL - A father has been ordered to pay child support to his ex-wife despite results of DNA testing that found three of the four children he helped raise are not biologically his, a Quebec Superior Court ruled.

The man learned the shocking news after he demanded DNA testing when he and his wife of 16 years separated in April 2010.

His daughters are aged 12, 14, and 16, and his son is nine. DNA testing revealed the son is his only biological child.

To make matters worse, his ex-wife told him his three daughters were all fathered by different men, he said.

She lied to him all those years and she should be forced to name the biological father and he should reimburse the guy who raised his kids.

If it were me I would demand custody and have HER pay child support. She has shown very poor judgement and shouldnt be allowed to raise children.

With a quick google, I found an interesting fact. I didn't find what the English did to adulterers, but I did find that in Michigan, modern day Michigan, adultery is punishable by life in prison. It is an old law that is still on the books and not any longer enforced, but......maybe some people will want to move to Michigan now, just in case.....hee hee....

Legally he is their father. He's got to pay child support. He's been their father the entire lives of these children. Until he finds some way of terminating that legal relationship, he's going to have to pay. It's true in Canada and it's true in the US.

Forum List

Back