Canadian Court tells dad - The kids aren't yours but you still must pay child support

Since they're "his", perhaps he should take custody, having mom declared an unfit parent.

Bet the courts wouldn't award him custody due to the kids not being biologically his.

Bet you're right, but they sure as hell can order him to cough up money to support them.

I don't know, if I was the judge, I'd give him custody. They're his kids even if they aren't his biologically and they are proof that she committed adultery.

There is nothing new in this. A man who is the legal father of children has always been obliged to pay child support. This is the way it has always been in America. He is their legal father. He is on the birth certificate as their father. He is legally obligated to pay child support. A man should know his wife better and not marry or stay married to a woman who cheats.

I wonder. His children are in their teens. He has been their father all this time. Does a man, when he learns the child is not biologically his, suddenly stop loving the child? Stop being a father? What kind of human wretch does that? He may be angry with his wife, hurt beyond belief, but does he pass those feelings on to the child he has raised as his own? So pathetic.

Wrong. In America, the law is that the man who signs the birth certificate and/or is the legal husband of the mother at the time of birth is the legal father of the child and legally responsible for the child . . . UNLESS someone disputes his paternity, which would include a DNA test. That someone could be him, the mother, or the biological father of the child.

I have no idea why Canada thinks it's okay to make a man legally responsible for a child that is not biologically his.

Well, I previously looked this up and posted further on it based on my research.

In the US, there is something called the Presumed Father Law. The man who is the woman's legal husband or who has signed the birth certificate is the legal father and responsible for child support. That can be challenged by a biological father, but it cannot be challenged by the man whose name is on the birth certificate. Once he has agreed, legally, by signing the birth certificate, he is considered to be the child's father and responsible for its support. That can only be changed if the biological father challenges that and and the court agrees to change legal parentage. If the biological father does not challenge it, the law does not go after him for child support; the legal father is still responsbile for child support.

Canda thinks it's okay to make a man legally responsible for a child that isn't his biologically for the same reasons the US does, because he has signed the birth certificate and taken responsibility for the child. Because he was the woman's husband. Think about what it would be if fathers refused to take responsibility for their children, how much worse it would be for all women. It is bad enough as it is with legal fathers refusing to pay child support. I guess the only thing that can be done in this day and age is requiring a DNA test as soon as the child is born to determine parentage from day one. The parents should have to pay for those tests though, until the day when such testing is not expensive.

That's how I understood things to work.

Marriage is a raw deal for men. They have absolutely nothing to gain from it.

Damn straight, you lose your freedom and apparently your fucking civil rights!

Marriage = legal prostitution. She trades her services for his goods.

Bulcrap. Most women today work as well as do the housework and raise the kids. Heck, my mom worked and that was in the 50's 60's and 70's. In fact, she worked while my dad got his Master's degree. Marriage is a partnership. Any idiot who thinks all the woman does is provide sex is just that, an idiot.

True, but it would be a risk. Right now, he's their father, and along with support he gets all the rights that entails. I have to wonder if, once he cools off, he would honestly want to give up those rights to someone else.

Thats a good question, depends on him. Regardless, not really his choice. The wife could ring those guys up anytime she feels like it.

Nothing says she won't hit them up for cash, either.

There was a case several years ago where a married woman was separated, lived with another man, got pregnant by him and then went back to her husband. The biological father sued for rights, even agreed to pay child support and lost. The court ruled the child belonged to the husband. The biological father had no rights.

I do believe the biological father should have rights, but I don't make the laws.

But he's NOT the parent. That's the issue here.

No the issue is it's the law.

No, the issue is WHY is it the law?

It is the law because way back when, you couldn't determine who the father was and that protected the child. Any child born to a married woman belongs to her husband. It might be time to change that law, now that we have dna testing, but I'm not so sure it's a good idea. Imagine if you are married and you've raised a child for 16 years and suddenly you find out that child isn't yours and the court decides to award custody to the biological father?

Bulcrap. Most women today work as well as do the housework and raise the kids. Heck, my mom worked and that was in the 50's 60's and 70's. In fact, she worked while my dad got his Master's degree. Marriage is a partnership. Any idiot who thinks all the woman does is provide sex is just that, an idiot.

There are plenty of women who work, keep the house, and raise the kids. There are probably just as many nowadays who don't. I've seen enough divorces to understand that a lot of women get the gold and a lot of men get the shaft when the split the sheets. Marriage is only a partnership until momma decides it's time to split, then she uses the kids as a brickbat to punish papa for all she imagines he's ever done to her. Too many times the court decides in favor of the womb and they should consider the sperm donor. Just because you can squeeze 'em outta yo' pussy doesn't make you the superior parent. Men make good parents, too. (I apologize for the "freedom" of expression, but it's true.) Too many times, the court decides custody in favor of the mother and awards her custody money, which is promptly spent on her own pleasures and desires...the kids be damned.

Married women stop providing sex as soon as they taste that wedding cake, well to their husbands at least.:eusa_angel:

Not news. It's the law there.

Still crazy.

My oldest daughter is not mine. She was born while I was in prison. My wx got aid during that period. Since my name was put on the birth certificate after I got out the state sued me for back aid. Told me that if I didnt pay they would persue the real father for reimbursement.

Talk about fucked up. I opted to pay rather than involve a third party into our family. Felt like blackmail.

Forum List

Back