Canadian Court tells dad - The kids aren't yours but you still must pay child support

It is assumed that any issue during the course of a marriage are the marriage-father's responsibility.

The basis is consideration, first and foremost, for children.

I just don't agree with this, I would refuse to pay support for a child my wife had when she was whoring around. Take me to jail if you have to.

But your problem is with the wife....and everyone agrees on that point......
...perhaps you'd go to jail for assault on one of the participants in the affair...maybe on both.

But not with the child.
You wouldn't stop loving a child you've been raising....and loving....and who calls you 'daddy.'
True?

It depends, people are different but in either case, the sperm donor shouldn't get a free ride here. I was under the impression if you father a child you have to face the responsibility of it, whether the woman is married to another man or not. All this does is encourage men to fuck married women because the husband will have to be accountable if she gets preggo, not you.

This isn't old England, we know those kids are not his. Why do the guys who fathered these children get a free pass? because she was married when she was whoring around?

Yes, because she was married and because her husband accepted the children as his for 12, 14 and 16 years. You gotta feel sorry for these kids.

So he knew they were not his and accepted them? or is he just finding out about all this right now?

It doesn't matter. He's raised the kids as his since the day they were born. Do you stop loving someone just because you find out they aren't blood related? What the hell does that do to the kids who've always loved him as their father? Only an ass would claim the kids aren't his after he raised them from birth. It would be like an adoptive father suddenly decided the kid he adopted 16 years ago isn't his because the kid wasn't from his sperm.

Look at it this way, if she were trying to prevent him from seeing the children, he would use the same law to stop her.

He has spent those children's entire lives fathering them, and the people who come 1st in family law are the children.

What about the actual fathers of those children?

When you are married to a woman, all children born during that marriage, unless otherwise stated, are the responsibility of the husband under our law. Family court puts children above everyone else, those kids have spent the last 16 years believing he is their dad, the court says he can't divorce himself from that now.

Yes, because she was married and because her husband accepted the children as his for 12, 14 and 16 years. You gotta feel sorry for these kids.

So he knew they were not his and accepted them? or is he just finding out about all this right now?

It doesn't matter. He's raised the kids as his since the day they were born. Do you stop loving someone just because you find out they aren't blood related? What the hell does that do to the kids who've always loved him as their father? Only an ass would claim the kids aren't his after he raised them from birth. It would be like an adoptive father suddenly decided the kid he adopted 16 years ago isn't his because the kid wasn't from his sperm.

Thats not the same thing, an adoptive father knows the kids are not his from the start. And yes it does matter, those kids are not his and the real fathers are out there chilling not having to pay a red cent, and thats ok with you just because she was married when she was a whore?

Look at it this way, if she were trying to prevent him from seeing the children, he would use the same law to stop her.

He has spent those children's entire lives fathering them, and the people who come 1st in family law are the children.

When you are married to a woman, all children born during that marriage, unless otherwise stated, are the responsibility of the husband under our law. Family court puts children above everyone else, those kids have spent the last 16 years believing he is their dad, the court says he can't divorce himself from that now.

So they can make him pay support, but they cannot force this man to be their father unless he wants to. I am never getting married again, that law is a joke and a slap in the face.

By the way, the husband in this story was a bit of an idiot. He was well aware of his wife multiple affairs, and never bothered to care enough for DNA testing the children because she was still with him, but the moment she walks, he's demanding proof the kids are his.

By the way, the husband in this story was a bit of an idiot. He was well aware of his wife multiple affairs, and never bothered to care enough for DNA testing the children because she was still with him, but the moment she walks, he's demanding proof the kids are his.

This whole thing sounds wierd all the way around, but I am still in awe that actual fathers get to run free not being held to account. So I can go to Canada and knock up as many married women as I can get my hands on, and not be held accountable?

Thats not the same thing, an adoptive father knows the kids are not his from the start. And yes it does matter, those kids are not his and the real fathers are out there chilling not having to pay a red cent, and thats ok with you just because she was married when she was a whore?

So he raised these kids for 12, 14 and 16 years and now, because he no longer wants them or their mother, he just walks away. What does that do to a child?

By law, even if those kids sperm donors knew those kids were theirs and sued for custody/visiting rights, the law would have found in favor of the husband. You can't change the law 16 years later just because the husband had decided he no longer wants the mom. No winner in this case, only losers, especially the children.

BTW, supposing someone came to you 16 years after you had an affair with a married woman and told you you were the child's father and demanded 16 years back child support as well as continued child support, what would your answer be?

Because trust me, if the sperm donors are on the hook for child support, they are on the hook for all of it, not just for the last part of the kids life because the husband decided he no longer wanted them.

So he raised these kids for 12, 14 and 16 years and now, because he no longer wants them or their mother, he just walks away. What does that do to a child?

By law, even if those kids sperm donors knew those kids were theirs and sued for custody/visiting rights, the law would have found in favor of the husband. You can't change the law 16 years later just because the husband had decided he no longer wants the mom. No winner in this case, only losers, especially the children.

BTW, supposing someone came to you 16 years after you had an affair with a married woman and told you you were the child's father and demanded 16 years back child support as well as continued child support, what would your answer be?

Because trust me, if the sperm donors are on the hook for child support, they are on the hook for all of it, not just for the last part of the kids life because the husband decided he no longer wanted them.

If a woman came to me 16 years after the fact and I had no clue, I would definently try to help. I doubt I would have all the money, but I believe if you father a child you have a responsibility no matter how long after the fact. If these men honestly don't know its one thing, I just think these guys need to be held accountable some kind of way. I have seen men that did that, impregnant a married woman and leave the child for her and the unsuspecting husband to raise, and they are assholes and they laugh about it and make jokes.

In other words, you don't give a flying fuck about the husband's rights, but we already knew that, Fakey. You'll defend your fascist state no matter how oppressive and unjust it is.

If he did ask for a paternity test the day the babies were born, you would be calling him a jerk for doing that.

Anyway you look at it, the law fucked him over. There's hardly anything fair or just about this decision.

So they can make him pay support, but they cannot force this man to be their father unless he wants to. I am never getting married again, that law is a joke and a slap in the face.

Marriage is a raw deal for men. They have absolutely nothing to gain from it.

All you're telling us is that you're laws intentionally screw men over.

We already knew that.

Not news. It's the law there.

It's not the "law". It seems to be an arbitrary decision by the Canadian court. How in the world could a man be held responsible for the support of a child if he wasn't the father? The whole concept flies in the face of common sense and justice.

If he did ask for a paternity test the day the babies were born, you would be calling him a jerk for doing that.

Anyway you look at it, the law fucked him over. There's hardly anything fair or just about this decision.

No, I wouldn't have. Any man who knows their wife is a whore should have a DNA test done for every kid. He didn't, and I bet he didn't because he didnt care if the kids were his, he stayed with her knowing she couldn't keep her legs shut and only cared about DNA when she decided to leave him.

In other words, you don't give a flying fuck about the husband's rights, but we already knew that, Fakey. You'll defend your fascist state no matter how oppressive and unjust it is.

You WOULD try to walk away from those kids, wouldn't you?

If it were up to me, that man would get all four kids and I would make their mother pay the child support just for being the cheating sack of bones (SOB for short) that she truly is!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

God bless you and the kids and that man always!!!

Holly

No wonder men turn into serial killers. No justice in this world for them

Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules | Canada | News | Calgary Sun

FEBRUARY 06, 2013 04:04 AM MST

MONTREAL - A father has been ordered to pay child support to his ex-wife despite results of DNA testing that found three of the four children he helped raise are not biologically his, a Quebec Superior Court ruled.

The man learned the shocking news after he demanded DNA testing when he and his wife of 16 years separated in April 2010.

His daughters are aged 12, 14, and 16, and his son is nine. DNA testing revealed the son is his only biological child.

To make matters worse, his ex-wife told him his three daughters were all fathered by different men, he said.

Same thing happened here. Man had four kids, only one was biologically his - the other three were fathered by his 'best' friend.
He was ordered by the court to keep paying child support.

This is why I think paternity tests at birth should be compulsory.

No wonder men turn into serial killers. No justice in this world for them

Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules | Canada | News | Calgary Sun

FEBRUARY 06, 2013 04:04 AM MST

MONTREAL - A father has been ordered to pay child support to his ex-wife despite results of DNA testing that found three of the four children he helped raise are not biologically his, a Quebec Superior Court ruled.

The man learned the shocking news after he demanded DNA testing when he and his wife of 16 years separated in April 2010.

His daughters are aged 12, 14, and 16, and his son is nine. DNA testing revealed the son is his only biological child.

To make matters worse, his ex-wife told him his three daughters were all fathered by different men, he said.

So, he's considered himself their father for that any years and because of DNA, he doesn't want to help support them?

(Mother is NOT blameless here, mind you)

He shouldn't have to. Even though he may have raised them, he has no genetic link to them.

There is nothing new in this. A man who is the legal father of children has always been obliged to pay child support. This is the way it has always been in America.

That is not true. Forced child support really didn't start until the mid 20th century when the American people suddenly decided they should let the government into their houses.

Forum List

Back