Canadian Court tells dad - The kids aren't yours but you still must pay child support

This is how Canadian law works, I've seen cases that are similar here too. Family law puts the child above the parents, no matter what.

What about a sperm donor for a lesbian couple? They split up and now want him to pay. It's evil. He did them a favor and this is how he is treated.

That is not what happened. Perhaps you should read about the story before you post about it.

This is how Canadian law works, I've seen cases that are similar here too. Family law puts the child above the parents, no matter what.

What about a sperm donor for a lesbian couple? They split up and now want him to pay. It's evil. He did them a favor and this is how he is treated.

If it is a private 'donation,' meaning he had sex with one of the women, then he could be held accountable and have to pay support. It's a good reason for people to get sperm donation through a sperm bank: the procedure is not that expensive and the donor will never be required to pay child support. Or, if you go the private donation route, have legal documents drawn up: don't be stupid.

That case is apples and oranges to the one in the OP. He has a contract with the couple, which the state is attempting to circumvent ,and no, he didnt have sex with her.

No wonder men turn into serial killers. No justice in this world for them

So, he's considered himself their father for that any years and because of DNA, he doesn't want to help support them?

(Mother is NOT blameless here, mind you)

She lied to him all those years and she should be forced to name the biological father and he should reimburse the guy who raised his kids.

Why? Did he even know he had a child? The real father is the one who raises the kids, not the sperm donor.

Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules | Canada | News | Calgary Sun

FEBRUARY 06, 2013 04:04 AM MST

MONTREAL - A father has been ordered to pay child support to his ex-wife despite results of DNA testing that found three of the four children he helped raise are not biologically his, a Quebec Superior Court ruled.

The man learned the shocking news after he demanded DNA testing when he and his wife of 16 years separated in April 2010.

His daughters are aged 12, 14, and 16, and his son is nine. DNA testing revealed the son is his only biological child.

To make matters worse, his ex-wife told him his three daughters were all fathered by different men, he said.

So, he's considered himself their father for that any years and because of DNA, he doesn't want to help support them?

If the kids are not his why should he? he was under the illusion those were his children, why should the actual fathers of these children be let off the hook?

Look at it this way, if she were trying to prevent him from seeing the children, he would use the same law to stop her.

He has spent those children's entire lives fathering them, and the people who come 1st in family law are the children.

What about the actual fathers of those children?

Im sure the children who have all their lives considered him their dad will agree with you.

Its proof of how you see the world HG.

the less human connections the better is what you always portary

If the kids are not his why should he? he was under the illusion those were his children, why should the actual fathers of these children be let off the hook?

Because she was married, and her husband accepted the children and raised them for 12, 14 and 16 years.

BTW, the way the law works is that if one of the biological fathers had wanted visiting rights to his child, even if he agreed to pay child support he would be denied. The children belong to the husband by law. Now had such a thing happened, it may have led to a divorce much earlier.

Dad must pay child support for 3 kids that aren't his: Court rules | Canada | News | Calgary Sun

MONTREAL - A father has been ordered to pay child support to his ex-wife despite results of DNA testing that found three of the four children he helped raise are not biologically his, a Quebec Superior Court ruled.

The man learned the shocking news after he demanded DNA testing when he and his wife of 16 years separated in April 2010.

His daughters are aged 12, 14, and 16, and his son is nine. DNA testing revealed the son is his only biological child.

To make matters worse, his ex-wife told him his three daughters were all fathered by different men, he said.

He's been fathering these children for 12, 14 and 16 years and suddenly because he's having a tiff with his wife he wants nothing to do with them?

It goes back to old English law, before DNA testing. Children you have while you are married belong to the husband.

This isn't old England, we know those kids are not his. Why do the guys who fathered these children get a free pass? because she was married when she was whoring around?

Because she was married, and her husband accepted the children and raised them for 12, 14 and 16 years.

BTW, the way the law works is that if one of the biological fathers had wanted visiting rights to his child, even if he agreed to pay child support he would be denied. The children belong to the husband by law. Now had such a thing happened, it may have led to a divorce much earlier.

Did he know the children really weren't his? or are you telling me the husband has to accept whatever child comes out of, his or the milkmans?

Im sure the children who have all their lives considered him their dad will agree with you.

Its proof of how you see the world HG.

the less human connections the better is what you always portary

What in Gods name are you on about?:cuckoo:

I guess the courts can force him to pay support but you cannot force this man to be a father to these children if he doesn't want to, especially if they are not his children for real.

He's been fathering these children for 12, 14 and 16 years and suddenly because he's having a tiff with his wife he wants nothing to do with them?

It goes back to old English law, before DNA testing. Children you have while you are married belong to the husband.

This isn't old England, we know those kids are not his. Why do the guys who fathered these children get a free pass? because she was married when she was whoring around?

Yes, because she was married and because her husband accepted the children as his for 12, 14 and 16 years. You gotta feel sorry for these kids.

Yes, because she was married and because her husband accepted the children as his for 12, 14 and 16 years. You gotta feel sorry for these kids.

So he knew they were not his and accepted them? or is he just finding out about all this right now?

She lied to him all those years and she should be forced to name the biological father and he should reimburse the guy who raised his kids.

Why? Did he even know he had a child? The real father is the one who raises the kids, not the sperm donor.

But in that context, if I have an affair with a married woman and get her pregnant, its her husbands responsibility and I'm off the hook? thats not a good precedent.

But he's NOT the parent. That's the issue here.

It is assumed that any issue during the course of a marriage are the marriage-father's responsibility.

The basis is consideration, first and foremost, for children.

It is assumed that any issue during the course of a marriage are the marriage-father's responsibility.

I just don't agree with this, I would refuse to pay support for a child my wife had when she was whoring around. Take me to jail if you have to.

You don't have to go to Canada to find this sort of CRAP going on.

There are PLENTY of cases here in the USA where men who are not biologically connected to children are being forced to pay child support.

The U.S. courts have always been overwhelmingly anti-male/anti-dad/anti-husband in divorce/custody/visitation/child support/alimony disputes.

I just don't agree with this, I would refuse to pay support for a child my wife had when she was whoring around. Take me to jail if you have to.

But your problem is with the wife....and everyone agrees on that point......
...perhaps you'd go to jail for assault on one of the participants in the affair...maybe on both.

But not with the child.
You wouldn't stop loving a child you've been raising....and loving....and who calls you 'daddy.'
True?

Forum List

Back