🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Cannot ever be a state.... Washington DC

Just to jump past the troll
Good morning everyone I hope you have a very nice day and everybody can post cheerfully and responsibly

I know what u r thinking.

who the f*** are you betty davis ?

Heh

But the opinion is true. The constitution prohibits our capitol from being in a state. The capitol doesn't have to be in the new state. The boundaries for that state can be drawn to exclude the capitol. Problem solved.

Problem NOT solved, but created. You are merely trying to defeat the entire intentions of the founders on a technicality! The whole point to DC was to NOT be part of any one state but a part of the whole country--- all states, and so, all of the people. The reason is because those in Washington making laws have a vested interest and so inherent bias in choosing a president. Not voting is the small price you pay for serving in government if you so choose to live there as your primary residence!

"In a 2016 referendum, 86 percent of D.C. voters supported statehood."

Ain't that a hoot! 86 percent of the people charged with writing and upholding our laws don't even fucking KNOW our laws. The best reason yet to give these people NOTHING.

I can't even find the post anymore, even I wanted to prove you wrong. You are responsible for proving your allegations right!
I got to be honest. It might have been a different thread and maybe a different guy anyway if so my apologies

Are starchy and Toro still alive
again that might be a completely different forum (fogbow)
it's hard to keep track these days

😊

Last edited:
You gotta ask. Will D.C. admitted as a state open the flood gates to new states all over the place?
I'd like to redress this question
It's a great one.
My dad's highest compliment was you asked all the right questions

Anyone want to start a trifecta ?

even in our life time ?

Does the constiution also say that the congressional delegates from DC and other territories should have no vote in Congress, effectively making everyone who lives there secong class citizens by stripping them of representation in the government?

I don’t think any of DC is in Virginia
That part was already given back.

View attachment 471910

We could make DC a Congressional District and allow them their own Congressman.
We could also allow them to vote for Maryland Senators who would represent them in the Senate
They dont want DC to even have a vote in Congress, or and territory. DC is most dem. Thats why the GOP wants them to have no Representation. If they were a state, or had a senator and representative as a territory, t the Dems would have a majority. If they were red, the GOP would have no issues with DC statehood, but the dems would. This is all about politics and control.

the constution says so.

The Constitution can't speak. It's people interpreting the Constitution that is the issue.

The current system of voting is what prevents DC from being a state, because Republicans don't want it to be a state and the Reps are one of two corrupt political parties in the US.

Does the constiution also say that the congressional delegates from DC and other territories should have no vote in Congress, effectively making everyone who lives there secong class citizens by stripping them of representation in the government?

The Constitution kind of says "fuck you" to Democracy anyway

Forum List

Back