Can't afford to feed your family or drive?

Why do you still think we can drill our way out of a shortage?
Because we've done it before...lol. You do know that we DRILL for oil and then the oil is pumped from the well, right? Drilling is literally how we get to where the oil is located.

Because we've done it before...lol. You do know that we DRILL for oil and then the oil is pumped from the well, right? Drilling is literally how we get to where the oil is located.
The oil companies could ramp up production dramatically given a couple of years but there's no reason for them to do so. The crude oil used to make motor fuel comes from elsewhere. Refineries can be reconfigured to accept heavy crude but the yield is lower per barrel making it more expensive to produce a gallon of gasoline.

The oil companies could ramp up production dramatically given a couple of years but there's no reason for them to do so. The crude oil used to make motor fuel comes from elsewhere. Refineries can be reconfigured to accept heavy crude but the yield is lower per barrel making it more expensive to produce a gallon of gasoline.
Drilling, can you say it?

Yes. You do what you have to. You seem to have plenty of time to post on message boards.... Get off your ass.

Or you could hit up your fellow CONserve-HATEives for a low interest loan:

Translation~ you want us to pay for your fuck ups

Production can be ramped up, right after Biden gets the fuck out of the way and let's drilling get restarted. A new well can be completed (drilled and produced) in 14 days. Millions more barrels of oil could be on the market in just a couple of months.

Production can be ramped up, right after Biden gets the fuck out of the way and let's drilling get restarted. A new well can be completed (drilled and produced) in 14 days. Millions more barrels of oil could be on the market in just a couple of months.
You still don't get it. Our native oil is not well suited to make motor fuel. It makes good plastic and motor oil though. Crude oil has various grades that are used to make just about everything. The one that concerns us most is light sweet crude. We do not have a lot of it. Saudi Arabia is sitting on most of it.

You still don't get it. Our native oil is not well suited to make motor fuel. It makes good plastic and motor oil though. Crude oil has various grades that are used to make just about everything. The one that concerns us most is light sweet crude. We do not have a lot of it. Saudi Arabia is sitting on most of it.
I didn't think you of all people would get a Biden free crack pipe?

AchingDaringHorseshoebat-max-1mb.gif

I didn't think you of all people would get a Biden free crack pipe?

View attachment 612822
Actually for me to agree with Occupied is telling you that he is correct.

The oil we extract from the ground is dirtier oil and need much more refining to make it suitable for gasoline, so Occupied is correct about the fact our oil is much dirtier than the oil in Saudi Arabia…

It can be refined but the cost to do so will drive prices up…

The oil we extract from the ground is dirtier oil and need much more refining to make it suitable for gasoline, so Occupied is correct about the fact our oil is much dirtier than the oil in Saudi Arabia…

We used to strip mine it in Ohio

We used to strip mine it in Ohio
You striped mine oil in Ohio?

Can you go more in detail about this or are you writing about coal?

Again, it seem some of you have no clue about the differences of oil and what it take for it to be refined to the point where it could be sold as petro and what the cost is to do something like that…

You striped mine oil in Ohio?

Can you go more in detail about this or are you writing about coal?

Again, it seem some of you have no clue about the differences of oil and what it take for it to be refined to the point where it could be sold as petro and what the cost is to do something like that…
I am saying you only had to go down a few feet to get oil in Ohio in the 1900s. It was the sweet oil. Occupied is trying to imply we never had it

I am saying you only had to go down a few feet to get oil in Ohio in the 1900s. It was the sweet oil. Occupied is trying to imply we never had it
First that is not what you wrote and you wrote we stripped mined it and I figured you meant coal and not actual oil…

Also the majority of the oil today is not the same as what we get from Saudi Arabia and it is more dirtier and cost more to refine, so let be clear we have plenty of oil but the cost to refine it into petro is not cheap and a lot of time it is cheaper to sell it as diesel fuel instead…

First that is not what you wrote and you wrote we stripped mined it and I figured you meant coal and not actual oil…

Also the majority of the oil today is not the same as what we get from Saudi Arabia and it is more dirtier and cost more to refine, so let be clear we have plenty of oil but the cost to refine it into petro is not cheap and a lot of time it is cheaper to sell it as diesel fuel instead…
I am not going to write a book report everyone older then 40 years old remember the Beverly hillbillies and how Jed found oil, it's not a myth it was that close to the surface. And it's all about the sulfar content and we still have some

With light sweet crude gasoline, kerosene, naphtha and various other light hydrocarbons are present in high concentrations and may be readily extracted by fractional distillation. Heavy crude just does not contain as much light hydrocarbons. It takes more crude to produce the same amount of fuel.

Most of the easy oil was gone before we were born. Why would I figure that into a discussion on current events? Why would you?

Right! That's why North American oil has been used to make fuel for nearly 100 years.

You people need to educate yourselves and stop repeating the bullshit you've been told.

Forum List

Back