Can't Stand California

I always get a receipt for the toll I pay. Comes from my days working as a contractor where the toll is deductible. It has served me well as I have been cited for non payment of tolls and just a copy of the toll receipt all was forgotten. I do live in California and love it here.

Tolls are a racket in any state.

Aren't tolls the capitalist way to pay for roads?

How so, since they're governed largely by the state and they never quit collecting even after the road has been paid?

A road is never fully paid for since it requires constant upkeep. A toll is only paid by the ones using the road, capitalism at its finest.

The upkeep never costs as much as the initial price of the project. Once the project is paid, tolls should be reduced. This never happens. Crony capitalism at its finest.

:You've exposed you economic ignorance very well.

The Golden Gate Bridge Cost $27 million dollars during the Great Depression. Today it cost three times that annually for maintenance.

Thanks for proving my point. 70 million a year for maintenance and the bridge brought in 140 million in receipts in 2016. Of course building a 200 million dollar suicide net just shows the absurdity out there.

Got a $61 ticket from Newport Beach a few weeks ago for parking in the wrong spot. I was in a rental.... wonder if I should pay it. Lol. I can just see some poor sap renting from National in a few weeks getting pulled over on a traffic warrant while I’m in my Avis buggy driving by them on the 405.

Wouldn’t they have sent the ticket to the rental car company?

When they run the plates and find out it belongs to a rental compny, they contact the company and find out who had the car rented. Not sure if that part takes a warrant, or just a phone call or letter, but it happens pretty quick.

Colorado and California have some toll roads now with no booths. A camera takes a picture of your license plate and the bill is sent to the registered owner. When I've been in a rental car they've bill the rental car company and the rental car company charges my credit card for the amount a few weeks later.

In CA we have Fastrak***

*** FasTrak - Wikipedia

Mounted FasTrak transponder
FasTrak is the electronic toll collection (ETC) system used in the state of California in the United States. The system is used statewide on all of the toll roads, toll bridges, and high-occupancy toll lanes along the California Freeway and Expressway System

I was up in the Bay Area in early April and just got billed by my rental car agency last week for the toll highways I used where there wasn't a booth with an attendant. My point is, since it was a rental car it was the agency that got the bill and they, in turn, billed me. That's why I was curious as to how she said she got a ticket mailed directly to her when she was using a rental car.

Go for it. I'm sure you will win the case. So many more have beat it before you. HaHaha.

Listen to the Bulldog. It is because of people like her who kowtow to the inevitable and just bend over and take the ass-reaming and cough up the $25 that the state keeps getting away with stuff like this. She only objects and protests when something is tied to the GOP or Trump. For everything else, she gladly spreads her cheeks.

I encouraged him to "MAKE A STAND!!!" I just wish I had a bowl of popcorn and could sit and watch him read the riot act to the judge. I'm sure he will win his case if he mentions how toll booths are a sign of a Tyrannical government. I hope he doesn't forget to take his Gladsen flag to the hearing.

You really believe your own bullcrap, don't you?

I don't post anything I don't believe. If you can't tell when it's in the form of sarcasm, then that's your problem

Got a $61 ticket from Newport Beach a few weeks ago for parking in the wrong spot. I was in a rental.... wonder if I should pay it. Lol. I can just see some poor sap renting from National in a few weeks getting pulled over on a traffic warrant while I’m in my Avis buggy driving by them on the 405.

Wouldn’t they have sent the ticket to the rental car company?

When they run the plates and find out it belongs to a rental compny, they contact the company and find out who had the car rented. Not sure if that part takes a warrant, or just a phone call or letter, but it happens pretty quick.

Colorado and California have some toll roads now with no booths. A camera takes a picture of your license plate and the bill is sent to the registered owner. When I've been in a rental car they've bill the rental car company and the rental car company charges my credit card for the amount a few weeks later.

In CA we have Fastrak***

*** FasTrak - Wikipedia

Mounted FasTrak transponder
FasTrak is the electronic toll collection (ETC) system used in the state of California in the United States. The system is used statewide on all of the toll roads, toll bridges, and high-occupancy toll lanes along the California Freeway and Expressway System

I was up in the Bay Area in early April and just got billed by my rental car agency last week for the toll highways I used where there wasn't a booth with an attendant. My point is, since it was a rental car it was the agency that got the bill and they, in turn, billed me. That's why I was curious as to how she said she got a ticket mailed directly to her when she was using a rental car.

I guess different states have different rules. Skipping a toll booth might be different than running a red light too.

I try to stay away as much as possible, I truly do. It was a nice place. God forbid I take my son to a Shark's game for his B-day. I know scum Ca. will get you for not paying at a toll booth. I only saw one and I was watching for them. I paid their 5 bucks, which was weird in itself because we swore we saw a sign that read 3 bucks or something like. Anyway, the COCK SUCKERS sent me a bill for $25, saying I missed a toll booth. Those mother fuck cock sucking dishonest pieces of shit thieves. I'm going to fight it in principle. I detest the State.
SF folks are happy that you stay away.

yes indeed.LOL

Tolls are a racket in any state.

How so, since they're governed largely by the state and they never quit collecting even after the road has been paid?

A road is never fully paid for since it requires constant upkeep. A toll is only paid by the ones using the road, capitalism at its finest.

The upkeep never costs as much as the initial price of the project. Once the project is paid, tolls should be reduced. This never happens. Crony capitalism at its finest.
Actually, it did in San Diego with the Coronado Bridge.

The Golden Gate Bridge Cost $27 million dollars during the Great Depression. Today it cost three times that annually for maintenance.

Thanks for proving my point. 70 million a year for maintenance and the bridge brought in 140 million in receipts in 2016. Of course building a 200 million dollar suicide net just shows the absurdity out there.
You think that's only in CA? :71:

I try to stay away as much as possible, I truly do. It was a nice place. God forbid I take my son to a Shark's game for his B-day. I know scum Ca. will get you for not paying at a toll booth. I only saw one and I was watching for them. I paid their 5 bucks, which was weird in itself because we swore we saw a sign that read 3 bucks or something like. Anyway, the COCK SUCKERS sent me a bill for $25, saying I missed a toll booth. Those mother fuck cock sucking dishonest pieces of shit thieves. I'm going to fight it in principle. I detest the State.
After a lifetime in SoCal, I'm gone next month forever.

SoCal thanks you. That's me waving goodbye from North County. :bye1:

Have fun keeping up with taxes as taxpayers leave and are replaced with illegals and homeless.

Have fun keeping up with taxes as taxpayers leave and are replaced with illegals and homeless.
I do just fine......I'm not struggling like you because I know how to function in CA....sorry it was too much for you.

At Casey's in Anderson, Missouri they wanted fourteen dollars for a large pizza with two toppings, what a rip!

Only a callous conservative would call a suicide barrier absurd - most human beings see that as compassionate.

Cool, the average IQ in CA will rise once you leave.

At Casey's in Anderson, Missouri they wanted fourteen dollars for a large pizza with two toppings, what a rip!
And let's not get into how much Wavy Lays cost now!!!!!

And let's not get into how much Wavy Lays cost now!!!!!
I don't mind paying, but it's the thought that I have to pay someone to produce a product and they expect me to pay for it with money I earned by producing a product..

Forum List

Back