Can't Stand California

Got a $61 ticket from Newport Beach a few weeks ago for parking in the wrong spot. I was in a rental.... wonder if I should pay it. Lol. I can just see some poor sap renting from National in a few weeks getting pulled over on a traffic warrant while I’m in my Avis buggy driving by them on the 405.
I paid my tickets in San Diego, apparently that wasn't free motorcycle parking. Red zone parking almost $100 a pop with taxes and fees.

Got a $61 ticket from Newport Beach a few weeks ago for parking in the wrong spot. I was in a rental.... wonder if I should pay it. Lol. I can just see some poor sap renting from National in a few weeks getting pulled over on a traffic warrant while I’m in my Avis buggy driving by them on the 405.

Good luck, but National was happy to tell the cops I was the one responsible for that car when it ran that red light.
Oh yeah; I got the citation in the mail too. The thing is that next time I’m in LA, I will be in a rental with plates that have Avis or whoever as the owner. Unless I get pulled over, just a plate check isn’t going to squeal on me whereas the guy who gets that Impala next time may have the license plate flagged as part of the data on the warrant....

I paid my tickets in San Diego, apparently that wasn't free motorcycle parking. Red zone parking almost $100 a pop with taxes and fees.
Ouch

Ouch
Yeah my uncle said it would be fine, bikes can park out of the way and they won't mess with you. I never mentioned it to him though because he lets me stay there if I want. He probably isn't wrong anyways and I picked a few bad spots.

Wouldn’t they have sent the ticket to the rental car company?

I wouldn't pay them anything if your car is registered out of state.

They literally can do nothing to you in that case AFAIK.

Once upon a time a young man was arrested for a DUI in CA, placed on probation and left the state. 15 years later, this same young man, his wife and his children, along with this wife's parents (his father-in-law was also his boss) left their home in the Midwest to go to Disneyland.

This young man went through a stop sign. A warrant check reveled a no bail warrant from our jurisdiction in N. California and this young man went to jail. Our Dept. routinely drove the bus around the State, as did all other counties picking up those with no bail warrants and returned them to the court of jurisdiction.

This young man was in transit, in custody, in Orange Co. for a week, driven north and made his first appearance wherein he was arraigned and the matter continued for plea and council. 10 days later after paying for an attorney, and paying the fine + interest, his probation was revoked, and the this young man received credit for time served; he was then released to his family whose vacation was totally ruined.

When they run the plates and find out it belongs to a rental compny, they contact the company and find out who had the car rented. Not sure if that part takes a warrant, or just a phone call or letter, but it happens pretty quick.

When they run the plates and find out it belongs to a rental compny, they contact the company and find out who had the car rented. Not sure if that part takes a warrant, or just a phone call or letter, but it happens pretty quick.

Colorado and California have some toll roads now with no booths. A camera takes a picture of your license plate and the bill is sent to the registered owner. When I've been in a rental car they've bill the rental car company and the rental car company charges my credit card for the amount a few weeks later.

Tolls are a racket in any state.

Aren't tolls the capitalist way to pay for roads?

How so, since they're governed largely by the state and they never quit collecting even after the road has been paid?

A road is never fully paid for since it requires constant upkeep. A toll is only paid by the ones using the road, capitalism at its finest.

The upkeep never costs as much as the initial price of the project. Once the project is paid, tolls should be reduced. This never happens. Crony capitalism at its finest.

I have lived in the Golden State all my life (eight decades).

Yes, it is full of "progressive" politicians who want to tax the middle classes to death in order to provide goodies for lower-income people.

But with 40,000,000 people, I guess that most residents find it bearable. (Yes, hundreds of thousands have already left for other states where the cost of living is lower, such as in some Southern states.)

When push comes to shove, however, I can think of worse states to live in.

Go for it. I'm sure you will win the case. So many more have beat it before you. HaHaha.

Listen to the Bulldog. It is because of people like her who kowtow to the inevitable and just bend over and take the ass-reaming and cough up the $25 that the state keeps getting away with stuff like this. She only objects and protests when something is tied to the GOP or Trump. For everything else, she gladly spreads her cheeks.

I encouraged him to "MAKE A STAND!!!" I just wish I had a bowl of popcorn and could sit and watch him read the riot act to the judge. I'm sure he will win his case if he mentions how toll booths are a sign of a Tyrannical government. I hope he doesn't forget to take his Gladsen flag to the hearing.

You really believe your own bullcrap, don't you?

The upkeep never costs as much as the initial price of the project. Once the project is paid, tolls should be reduced. This never happens. Crony capitalism at its finest.

Crony capitalism is the best capitalism :21::21:

I try to stay away as much as possible, I truly do. It was a nice place. God forbid I take my son to a Shark's game for his B-day. I know scum Ca. will get you for not paying at a toll booth. I only saw one and I was watching for them. I paid their 5 bucks, which was weird in itself because we swore we saw a sign that read 3 bucks or something like. Anyway, the COCK SUCKERS sent me a bill for $25, saying I missed a toll booth. Those mother fuck cock sucking dishonest pieces of shit thieves. I'm going to fight it in principle. I detest the State.

Dude. There’s no such thing as you missed the paying the toll. You were NOT paying attention. Unless you are a tourist.
Don’t blame the state for your ineptness. Just imagine if all the crooks from other states using those kind of garbage excuses.

There are toll roads here that need transponders. If you don’t have one you will get the bill of $250 something like that. But if you take care the tickets immediately. You only pay the required toll fee depending what time of that range from $1.20 to $8.00.

How so, since they're governed largely by the state and they never quit collecting even after the road has been paid?

A road is never fully paid for since it requires constant upkeep. A toll is only paid by the ones using the road, capitalism at its finest.

:You've exposed you economic ignorance very well.

The Golden Gate Bridge Cost $27 million dollars during the Great Depression. Today it cost three times that annually for maintenance.

:You've exposed you economic ignorance very well.

The Golden Gate Bridge Cost $27 million dollars during the Great Depression. Today it cost three times that annually for maintenance.

They should charge for people comiting suicide

Colorado and California have some toll roads now with no booths. A camera takes a picture of your license plate and the bill is sent to the registered owner. When I've been in a rental car they've bill the rental car company and the rental car company charges my credit card for the amount a few weeks later.

In CA we have Fastrak***

*** FasTrak - Wikipedia

Mounted FasTrak transponder
FasTrak is the electronic toll collection (ETC) system used in the state of California in the United States. The system is used statewide on all of the toll roads, toll bridges, and high-occupancy toll lanes along the California Freeway and Expressway System

Forum List

Back