Carl Bernstein: Donald Trump’s Disdain For Facts Worse Than Nixon

Who declares the "facts" that Trump is ignoring? Yes, it is the anti-Trump establishment and its foolish slaves.

Pro fact = anti-Trump.

You can be for one, you can be for the other, but they are so mutually exclusive you can't be for both unless you are on Trump's payroll.

Donald Trump's file

Kurt Eichenwald on Twitter

Kurt EichenwaldVerified account ‏@kurteichenwald Dec 9

Ok, now I'm being told I'm wrong again on who was booing and why. Let's say this: It had nothing to do with Glenn. I was in error.

Pro fact = anti Trump, bawahahahahahaahaha
This lefting loon got caught making shit up again. Keep believing your fake news.

WTF? You seriously Trump grade stupid to think that some particular instance of someone RETRACTING something they reported is a negation of Trump's daily lies and flip-flopping.

Fake news bro, that's your team bro

What daily lies? Do tell

I gave you a whole fucking list that will take you days to read over...you should go ahead though.", so you don't sound like a useful lemming everytime you post.

You want the latest one?

"The election ended a long time ago in one of the biggest Electoral College victories in history."

It wasn't long ago and it wasn't anywhere near biggest EC victories, in fact it ranks 46th out of 58, putting it in company of smallest victories when we throw in a fact that Trump lost popular vote by almost 2 million votes.

These facts don't stop Trump and his team from repeating these "landslide!" lies.

Landslide victory - Wikipedia

when one candidate or party receives an overwhelming majority of the votes or seats in the elected body

Trump got 306 EVs...while many of you said he would get less than 200
Republicans won 52 senate seats and were expected to lose the Senate by you lemmings.
and 241 house seats

I think pubs, pub stomped your ass

but hey him calling a monumental election with solid majorities a landslide, especially considering he was given no chance, if you want to call that a major lie, then you really don't have much

I mean it's not like he said you could keep your own doctor or would close Gitmo or a video caused Benghazi, shall we play this game more?

So being a political group is not tax exemptable??? Ok fair enough, get rid of every democratic political group please? The hypocrisy is unbelievable right now
What are you talking about the TEA party was going around helping people cheat on their taxes. Why is that the democrats fault?
WHO!! An entire political movement was cheating on their taxes??? Please provide facts, I am waiting for your answer.

If you are against political organizations being tax exempt then condem every signal organization that's on the left too.
your the one who brought it up? you know you cant show any of your sources with out going to Infowars anyway
Infowars is a Russian crock of shit....what I mentioned was ADMITTED BY THE IRS themselves. So condemn these actions or give the fucktard trump the pass to do the same thing to say BLM or Democracy now...Or let's just all say it's no way ok for the IRS to have this much power. Because anyone who actually cares about freedom will say no, an unelected burea should not have this much power.
its your claim its your job to prove it.... this is whats called fake news.... I dont even wanna know what nutjob website told you infowars is controlled by the russians
Kids listen...this is what's called an appeal to ignorance. This is a logical fallacy and it's used a lot, and it's to act on your inability to prove facts. Bush and Obama both used it to their advantage...don't fall for it, do your own research and FIND THE TRUTH.

IRS reveals list of tea party groups targeted for extra scrutiny

IRS officials in Washington were involved in targeting of conservative groups

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/282307-irs-targeted-426-groups-report

I didn't even try hard for this info. Could've went a lot deeper. But this is the problem with echo chambers. I beg the right to not fall into the same pitfalls that allowed the left to ignore these grievences. This is wrong, wether bush, Obama, or trump did it. It's wrong let's come together on this?

What are you talking about the TEA party was going around helping people cheat on their taxes. Why is that the democrats fault?
WHO!! An entire political movement was cheating on their taxes??? Please provide facts, I am waiting for your answer.

If you are against political organizations being tax exempt then condem every signal organization that's on the left too.
your the one who brought it up? you know you cant show any of your sources with out going to Infowars anyway
Infowars is a Russian crock of shit....what I mentioned was ADMITTED BY THE IRS themselves. So condemn these actions or give the fucktard trump the pass to do the same thing to say BLM or Democracy now...Or let's just all say it's no way ok for the IRS to have this much power. Because anyone who actually cares about freedom will say no, an unelected burea should not have this much power.
its your claim its your job to prove it.... this is whats called fake news.... I dont even wanna know what nutjob website told you infowars is controlled by the russians
Kids listen...this is what's called an appeal to ignorance. This is a logical fallacy and it's used a lot, and it's to act on your inability to prove facts. Bush and Obama both used it to their advantage...don't fall for it, do your own research and FIND THE TRUTH.

IRS releases list of 426 groups targeted for increased scrutiny

I didn't even try hard for this info. Could've went a lot deeper. But this is the problem with echo chambers. I beg the right to not fall into the same pitfalls that allowed the left to ignore these grievences. This is wrong, wether bush, Obama, or trump did it. It's wrong let's come together on this?
as i said it was tea party who cheated on their taxes.... your own source shows a few democrat groups were apart of the same thing

Among the groups that appear to trend liberal are three with the word “occupy” in their name.

And then there are some surprising names, including three state or local chapters of the League of Women Voters — a group with a long history of nonprofit work.

no evidence of your insance conspiracy of obama using the IRS to arrest politcal rivals which is the insane batshit nuttery that got trump elected

hows your fema camp by the way?

as i said it was tea party who cheated on their taxes.... your own source shows a few democrat groups were apart of the same thing

Among the groups that appear to trend liberal are three with the word “occupy” in their name.

And then there are some surprising names, including three state or local chapters of the League of Women Voters — a group with a long history of nonprofit work.

no evidence of your insance conspiracy of obama using the IRS to arrest politcal rivals which is the insane batshit nuttery that got trump elected

Ok straw man, never said Obama ARRESTED political rivals...HUGE (or have you...YUGGE) difference between throwing biased red tape their way, and arresting. I simply stated that IRS targeted a specific political group with extrenous red tape during an election cycle, that directly affected their fundraising ability...and that this is wrong.

Whoa whoa whoa, so political non profits are not allowed to exist?

And again if you are this quick to dismiss this, then what are you doing in this thread??!???

And an entire grass roots movements cheated on the taxes? Ridiculous statement, you need to back up this claim with facts. Or simply read the articles I posted, you'll quickly find that you are wrong.

Nixon was a saint compared to Trump.
Nixon simply had a list of 100 or so political enimies he wanted to use the IRS to target. After 2010 the IRS actually targeted 1000 of separate political groups, all on the right, and took away their non-profit status so nobody could donate to them. Could you imagine the shit storm had this been BLM?

And where is trump worse than Nixon? He's not even president yet

“Trump lives and thrives in a fact-free environment.”

Carl Bernstein, one half of the legendary duo that broke the Watergate scandal, declared president-elect Donald Trump a bigger liar than Richard Nixon in a blistering attack during an interview on CNN.

“Trump lives and thrives in a fact-free environment. No president, including Richard Nixon, has been so ignorant of fact and disdains fact in the way that this president-elect does,” Bernstein said on CNN’s Reliable Sources. “It has something to do with the growing sense of authoritarianism that he and his presidency are projecting and the danger of it is obvious and he’s trying to make the conduct of the press an issue not his own conduct.”

Trump, often prone to stretching the truth, has made a series of factually incorrect assertions this weekend that have further increased worry about the aim of his presidency. In just one interview with Fox News on Sunday, Trump discounted CIA reports that Russia interfered with the U.S. election, said “nobody really knows” the facts around climate change and said he didn’t need daily intelligence briefings because he’s “smart.”

Bernstein alleges the past months have shown that Trump has a “pathological disdain for the truth,” pointing to his recent attack on the president of the union that represents steelworkers at the Carrier Corporation.

“What we have seen throughout the campaign is pathological disdain for the truth, a kind of lie and ease with lying that we have not seen before.”

More: Carl Bernstein: Donald Trump’s Disdain For Facts Worse Than Nixon

Amen! I've never seen anything like it.
Bernstein should stop slandering Nixon.

“Trump lives and thrives in a fact-free environment.”

Carl Bernstein, one half of the legendary duo that broke the Watergate scandal, declared president-elect Donald Trump a bigger liar than Richard Nixon in a blistering attack during an interview on CNN.

“Trump lives and thrives in a fact-free environment. No president, including Richard Nixon, has been so ignorant of fact and disdains fact in the way that this president-elect does,” Bernstein said on CNN’s Reliable Sources. “It has something to do with the growing sense of authoritarianism that he and his presidency are projecting and the danger of it is obvious and he’s trying to make the conduct of the press an issue not his own conduct.”

Trump, often prone to stretching the truth, has made a series of factually incorrect assertions this weekend that have further increased worry about the aim of his presidency. In just one interview with Fox News on Sunday, Trump discounted CIA reports that Russia interfered with the U.S. election, said “nobody really knows” the facts around climate change and said he didn’t need daily intelligence briefings because he’s “smart.”

Bernstein alleges the past months have shown that Trump has a “pathological disdain for the truth,” pointing to his recent attack on the president of the union that represents steelworkers at the Carrier Corporation.

“What we have seen throughout the campaign is pathological disdain for the truth, a kind of lie and ease with lying that we have not seen before.”

More: Carl Bernstein: Donald Trump’s Disdain For Facts Worse Than Nixon

Amen! I've never seen anything like it.
Carl Bernstein is fake himself...

Trump is a much bigger liar than Nixon.
Ok..there's still the whole plank laying in your eye. Obama gave us multipile whoppers with the ACA alone: like your doctor, keep your doctor, lower the cost of healthcare for families by 1200, lower healthcare costs for the govt, more coverage. At the time the right called this what is was which is a lie, and 2 years ago john gruber confirmed what we already knew....

Trump is a much bigger liar than Nixon.
Ok..there's still the whole plank laying in your eye. Obama gave us multipile whoppers with the ACA alone: like your doctor, keep your doctor, lower the cost of healthcare for families by 1200, lower healthcare costs for the govt, more coverage. At the time the right called this what is was which is a lie, and 2 years ago john gruber confirmed what we already knew....

That's different.

Forum List

Back