Casey Anthony

YOU are the jury. What's your thoughts so far?

• guilty.

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • not guilty.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • undecided.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've seen a lot in the years I have worked. The JD was just something I wanted, never intended to practice. But I've worked all kinds of pathology as an NP. I can think of all kinds of scenarios that would get this child killed. Of course, like the current one, they do not absolve the mother. I mean, what if she was pimping the child out and the John got nervous and killed her. If you were Casey how safe would you feel bringing up THAT as an aliby? We had a disappearance here in western KY several years back. Child was never found, mother confessed to murder, but her statement showed 'deceptive' upon polygraph examination. There was one theory that she sold the child, but that was never proven. I also don't think she was ever convicted of anything. Children come at a premium in the sex trade.

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/showthread.php?t=218554

A massive search was launched throughout northwest Tennessee in the weeks after Marlena was reported missing until Pam Bailey, Marlena's mother, confessed two months later to killing the girl and dumping her body in the Obion River. Mrs. Bailey, who was charged with second-degree murder but not indicted, later recanted that confession, but no widespread search was renewed.

Read more: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/showthread.php?t=218554#ixzz1QJl8Avec

(Actually Marlena Childers was from Union City, TN. But the grandparents were from western KY. I had forgotten that.)

Last edited:
Well, HLN is reporting the the judge dismissed until Monday, because another defense witness is now ready to testify on "facts" contrary to what they deposed on earlier. Wow, this is incredibly bad for the defense, because Judge Belvin Perry is PISSED, and not only could there be a mistrial, but I'm wondering if the judge could summarily dismiss an acquittal, if he felt it went against all evidence? I've learned more about the specifics of the criminal justice system here than I have elsewhere, and that's why I'm wondering if the judge could negate an acquittal and order an automatic mistrial if he deems it necessary?

Would that be double jeopardy?

Yes, and I did note Sunshine's link. I suppose I was thinking about jury nullification, but that was what actually occured with OJ when he was found not guilty: the jury looked at all the facts and acquitted him anyway. You're right, the judge cannot reverse an acquittal, although sometimes I wish he could call for a retrial. Although I do see that that would be double jeopardy.

I don't see how they could acquit her. Sure Cindy said that she looked up chloroform but the prosecution came right back asking her if she searched it 84 times... This Casey woman did something.

Would that be double jeopardy?

Yes, and I did note Sunshine's link. I suppose I was thinking about jury nullification, but that was what actually occured with OJ when he was found not guilty: the jury looked at all the facts and acquitted him anyway. You're right, the judge cannot reverse an acquittal, although sometimes I wish he could call for a retrial. Although I do see that that would be double jeopardy.

I don't see how they could acquit her. Sure Cindy said that she looked up chloroform but the prosecution came right back asking her if she searched it 84 times... This Casey woman did something.

Her mother is just trying to get premeditaion out of the picture so they won't kill her daughter. Lawyers are not supposed to gin up things for witnesses to testify to. But there are many times I have to wonder. This is SO aimed at premeditaion, I doubt a layman could come up with it.

Last edited:
I'm going to create a reality show named The Anthonys. It will definately be a hit! Those of you who would like to put up some $ to support this effort, look for the updates to follow.

Take care,
OJifooledthem

I'm sorry, I'm lying about this project.
(An Anthony long lost relative)

I'm going to create a reality show named The Anthonys. It will definately be a hit! Those of you who would like to put up some $ to support this effort, look for the updates to follow.

Take care,
OJifooledthem

I'm sorry, I'm lying about this project.
(An Anthony long lost relative)

You admit to that! :lmao:

So, let's just say the jury buys into the GA/ICA cover-up. Under the pretense they were both too scared of Cindy to be honest about an accidental drowning, they hid the whole thing. What, if any, of the current charges, would you think the jury will convict ICA?

Hypothesis: Cindy the scorned yet manipulative manic depressed wife of a pedophile who raised her son to respect his father regardless of his 'misgivings'. Cindy, because of her inability to independently cope with such issues because of a complete lack of understanding toward such things by society in general, was emotionally volcanic toward her daughter who in a great deal of ways was a romantic rival more than a child in need.

Anyways. It would be best if the current trial be dismissed. I completely disagree with how everything in this case was breached. It smacks of horrid things to come if she is to be further prosecuted for successfully becoming a product of such an environment as the one she was in.

Hypothesis: Cindy the scorned yet manipulative manic depressed wife of a pedophile who raised her son to respect his father regardless of his 'misgivings'. Cindy, because of her inability to independently cope with such issues because of a complete lack of understanding toward such things by society in general, was emotionally volcanic toward her daughter who in a great deal of ways was a romantic rival more than a child in need.

Anyways. It would be best if the current trial be dismissed. I completely disagree with how everything in this case was breached. It smacks of horrid things to come if she is to be further prosecuted for successfully becoming a product of such an environment as the one she was in.

Spinning it so it's all GA's fault, why doesn't that surprise me:cuckoo:

Don't assume things too quickly, please. :evil: There is quite the different way of 'it all' that I see as potentially the 'case'.

I don't assume anything more than GA being the product of a different kind of situation. Perhaps CA was the one that he could please in ways that made him understand his own success as a man should. Some women destroy their men seemingly from the onset of their relationships. Perhaps that is not the secret that seems to be. :evil:

my son and i were in the line at the grocery and he made the mistake of saying he thought she was gonna walk with a hung jury.....all hell breaks loose in the line...two women just railed at him.....it was so funny....

So, let's just say the jury buys into the GA/ICA cover-up. Under the pretense they were both too scared of Cindy to be honest about an accidental drowning, they hid the whole thing. What, if any, of the current charges, would you think the jury will convict ICA?

Casey Anthony is facing four charges against her in her murder trial involving her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Marie Anthony: aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter of a child, first degree murder and providing false information to law enforcement.

Aggravated child abuse; death penalty still applies: Florida Capital Punishment Laws - FL Capital Punishment Laws - State Laws, Codes

Capital Homicide Capital felony committed by person serving sentence of imprisonment or under community control; previous capital felony or felony using or threat of violence; knowingly created great risk of death to many persons; the capital felony was committed while defendant was engaged in, was an accomplice, in commission of or attempt to commit or flight after committing or attempt to commit any robbery, sexual battery, aggravated child abuse, aggravated abuse of a disabled or elderly person, aggravated stalking, carjacking, arson, burglary, kidnapping, aircraft piracy, unlawful throwing, placing, or discharging of a destructive device or bombings; capital felony for purposes of avoiding lawful arrest or effecting escape from custody; capital felony for pecuniary gain; capital felony to hinder lawful exercise of governmental function or enforcement of laws; capital felony especially heinous, atrocious or cruel; premeditated homicide; victim of capital felony was public official or law enforcement officer engaged in official duties; victim of capital murder was less than 12 years old; criminal felony committed by a criminal street gang member

Aggravated manslaughter of a child; death penalty still applies
Florida Laws: FL Statutes - Title XLVI Crimes Section 782.02 Justifiable use of deadly force. - Florida Attorney Resources - Florida Laws
782.07 Manslaughter; aggravated manslaughter of an elderly person or disabled adult; aggravated manslaughter of a child; aggravated manslaughter of an officer, a firefighter, an emergency medical technician, or a paramedic.
(1) The killing of a human being by the act, procurement, or culpable negligence of another, without lawful justification according to the provisions of chapter 776 and in cases in which such killing shall not be excusable homicide or murder, according to the provisions of this chapter, is manslaughter, a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(2) A person who causes the death of any elderly person or disabled adult by culpable negligence under s. 825.102(3) commits aggravated manslaughter of an elderly person or disabled adult, a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(3) A person who causes the death of any person under the age of 18 by culpable negligence under s. 827.03(3) commits aggravated manslaughter of a child, a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(4) A person who causes the death, through culpable negligence, of an officer as defined in s. 943.10(14), a firefighter as defined in s. 112.191, an emergency medical technician as defined in s. 401.23, or a paramedic as defined in s. 401.23, while the officer, firefighter, emergency medical technician, or paramedic is performing duties that are within the course of his or her employment, commits aggravated manslaughter of an officer, a firefighter, an emergency medical technician, or a paramedic, a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

First degree murger same as above aggravated child abuse

Providing false information to law enforcement appears to be a misdemeanor: 18-5413 PROVIDING FALSE INFORMATION TO LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS, GOVERNMENT AGENCIES, OR SPECIFIED PROFESSIONALS. :: CHAPTER 54 PERJURY AND SUBORNATION OF PERJURY :: TITLE 18 CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS :: 2010 Idaho Code :: Idaho Code :: US Codes and Sta

TITLE 18

CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS

CHAPTER 54

PERJURY AND SUBORNATION OF PERJURY

18-5413. Providing false information to law enforcement officers, government agencies, or specified professionals. (1) A person is guilty of a misdemeanor if he knowingly gives or causes to be given false information to any law enforcement officer, any state or local government agency or personnel, or to any person licensed in this state to practice social work, psychology or counseling, concerning the commission of an offense, knowing that the offense did not occur or knowing that he has no information relating to the offense or danger.

(2) A person is guilty of a misdemeanor if he knowingly gives or causes to be given false information regarding his or another’s identity to any law enforcement officer investigating the commission of an offense.

So to answer OldSalt what will stick? well for sure the false information charge and possible aggravated negligence because is caylee drowned, isn't that negligence?

And neglect because she drowned? How has it been proven to NOT have been an accident? There is no proof of neglect in any way at this point by ICA. Perhaps the person who should be on trial is the ONE everyone is prancing around to accommodate. Perhaps the whole issue is that dear Cindy needs to be not only medicated but also evaluated for the levels of mental deficiencies that would qualify her for an asylum of sorts.

No abuse has been proven to have ever occurred!

There is more evidence that ICA abused her daughter, than that GA abused ICA.:eusa_whistle:

Like what? And for the record, GA was as much of a victim in that particular home as ICA, it seems. Unless something comes out about Cindy that would deem her under the same levels of influence as the members of that home seems to have been under hers, she remains the responsible party in this case. Either she has some hefty issues with feeling the responsibilities of others are so much hers that she is manipulative over their emotions or she is also the result of some deep-seated/seeded issues.

No abuse has been proven to have ever occurred!

There is more evidence that ICA abused her daughter, than that GA abused ICA.:eusa_whistle:

Like what? And for the record, GA was as much of a victim in that particular home as ICA, it seems. Unless something comes out about Cindy that would deem her under the same levels of influence as the members of that home seems to have been under hers, she remains the responsible party in this case. Either she has some hefty issues with feeling the responsibilities of others are so much hers that she is manipulative over their emotions or she is also the result of some deep-seated/seeded issues.

Like what? Really? Have you watched any of this trial. Do some homework.

Don't assume things too quickly, please. :evil: There is quite the different way of 'it all' that I see as potentially the 'case'.

I don't assume anything more than GA being the product of a different kind of situation. Perhaps CA was the one that he could please in ways that made him understand his own success as a man should. Some women destroy their men seemingly from the onset of their relationships. Perhaps that is not the secret that seems to be. :evil:

inane gobbledygook.

Like what? Really? Have you watched any of this trial. Do some homework.

I have watched enough of it to know how everyone involved is pampering Cindy as much as those within her family seems to have. :doubt: Eh, homework? There are so many obvious issues in this case that prevent me from siding against ICA regardless of not agreeing with her method of dealing with things.

inane gobbledygook.

:lol: :cuckoo: :eusa_whistle: :lol: :eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back